Boardwalk Empire: Episode 11 - â€

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Man, this thread has definitely slowed.
It's not for people with ADHD who don't appreciate the slow unfolding of a story. Maybe it's the tone of the series or the fact that every episode isn't filled with cheap laughs and "quotables."
grin.gif

I dig the show though and appreciate the fact that Nucky is street smart as well as intelligent in business situations and other dealings. He's a very well rounded character. The other guys, I'm just waiting for all of them to die one by one because none of them seems to know their head from their @#!.

Take Jimmy for example. What the hell is he doing laying up with a prostitute, nursing her to health? I knew she was going to do herself too. What's he even in Chicago for if he's not going to all out with the G %@@@?

Nucky's brother, what? Dude is that jealous that he's going to @$%$ up a good thing by not playing his position? His character is lame to me.

And Mrs. Shroeder, typical #!*@* who can't have what she wants. She goes and rats to get Nucky's attention. I hope dude only gave her the D to keep her quiet for a while. That's all she wanted anyway.

It's not for people with ADHD who don't appreciate the slow unfolding of a story. Maybe it's the tone of the series or the fact that every episode isn't filled with cheap laughs and "quotables."
grin.gif

I dig the show though and appreciate the fact that Nucky is street smart as well as intelligent in business situations and other dealings. He's a very well rounded character. The other guys, I'm just waiting for all of them to die one by one because none of them seems to know their head from their @#!.

Take Jimmy for example. What the hell is he doing laying up with a prostitute, nursing her to health? I knew she was going to do herself too. What's he even in Chicago for if he's not going to all out with the G %@@@?

Nucky's brother, what? Dude is that jealous that he's going to @$%$ up a good thing by not playing his position? His character is lame to me.

And Mrs. Shroeder, typical #!*@* who can't have what she wants. She goes and rats to get Nucky's attention. I hope dude only gave her the D to keep her quiet for a while. That's all she wanted anyway.

^^^ I think you're right. I think this show is somewhat Godfather-like in its pacing, except on an even more drawn out scale. Godfather 1 and 2 are very slow at times, but punctuated by key dramatic moments and with amazing conclusions. I think that's what we're getting with BE. I like it.

^^^ I think you're right. I think this show is somewhat Godfather-like in its pacing, except on an even more drawn out scale. Godfather 1 and 2 are very slow at times, but punctuated by key dramatic moments and with amazing conclusions. I think that's what we're getting with BE. I like it.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

QFT....  Eli is a bum, salty dude.

Shroeder, had to know she was gonna pull some stunt like that after he blew her off a few times.  SMH @ him smashing though, pimp smack and keep it moving
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Shameful how ol girl that Jimmy was with died like that. 

BTW -  maybe it's just me but Jimmy's mom is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Shroeder, had to know she was gonna pull some stunt like that after he blew her off a few times.  SMH @ him smashing though, pimp smack and keep it moving
laugh.gif
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jimmy nursing a pro back to health is all apart of his character development despite him going to the Chi to make a name for himself. He had to be a simp now and do that since he still hasn't encountered that event that'll really change him. This is just some grief to pile on to his new character. I expect him to fully be G status in a few more eps. Maybe start by getting revenge on dude who scarred ol girl.

That Shroeder @*%+% pisses me off. Knew Nucky was gonna smash tho.

Is it me or is there something off about Jummy's mom? Can't call it yet.

Jimmy nursing a pro back to health is all apart of his character development despite him going to the Chi to make a name for himself. He had to be a simp now and do that since he still hasn't encountered that event that'll really change him. This is just some grief to pile on to his new character. I expect him to fully be G status in a few more eps. Maybe start by getting revenge on dude who scarred ol girl.

That Shroeder @*%+% pisses me off. Knew Nucky was gonna smash tho.

Is it me or is there something off about Jummy's mom? Can't call it yet.

what a GREAT show. I mean every episode gets better and better and with the multiple story-lines each with such great potential the show is slowly blossoming into a hit.

The dialogue, *@!@ quotes for days!!!!!

HBO is back on their %%$* and I LOVE it

what a GREAT show. I mean every episode gets better and better and with the multiple story-lines each with such great potential the show is slowly blossoming into a hit.

The dialogue, *@!@ quotes for days!!!!!

HBO is back on their %%$* and I LOVE it

btw hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

If you cant appreciate a character like Shroeder your probably just as sexist and barbaric as her prohibition-era male counterparts
tongue.gif

btw hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

If you cant appreciate a character like Shroeder your probably just as sexist and barbaric as her prohibition-era male counterparts
tongue.gif

the pace of this show is fine to me. and i think it should be fine for the audience it caters to. casual watchers cant get into shows like this. you pretty much have to dedicate yourself and be in this mindset to watch it. if you can't appreciate these kind of shows (be honest with yourself, its fine) then wait for it to drop on dvd or when the season ends so u can watch them 13 in a row...its a big difference than waiting from week to week.

the pace of this show is fine to me. and i think it should be fine for the audience it caters to. casual watchers cant get into shows like this. you pretty much have to dedicate yourself and be in this mindset to watch it. if you can't appreciate these kind of shows (be honest with yourself, its fine) then wait for it to drop on dvd or when the season ends so u can watch them 13 in a row...its a big difference than waiting from week to week.

Originally Posted by presequel

I agree. i can imagine people wondering where jimmy's baby moms was going...

%++# was +!#@$% the photographer and he knew it.

Originally Posted by presequel

I agree. i can imagine people wondering where jimmy's baby moms was going...

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

laugh.gif
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

please,  shroeders way better than that ho hes always with, fed is gonna be real madd if he finds out nuckys smashing
laugh.gif

as for the girl offing herself, whatever on that too
laugh.gif
, "she's got no friends, no family... it'll be like she never existed"
pimp.gif
- and thought of jimmy offering to pay just to keep this vvhore around
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

jimmys mom is definitely appreciated

just a very good episode overall, everything about it was good to me except for when that @!#!# jimmy was with kept talking but shes gone now so its all good, eli punching nuck out of nowhere was great, i knew knucky was gonna pull that paying off the dwarf leader more than the rest stuff
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

laugh.gif
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

please,  shroeders way better than that ho hes always with, fed is gonna be real madd if he finds out nuckys smashing
laugh.gif

as for the girl offing herself, whatever on that too
laugh.gif
, "she's got no friends, no family... it'll be like she never existed"
pimp.gif
- and thought of jimmy offering to pay just to keep this vvhore around
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

jimmys mom is definitely appreciated

just a very good episode overall, everything about it was good to me except for when that @!#!# jimmy was with kept talking but shes gone now so its all good, eli punching nuck out of nowhere was great, i knew knucky was gonna pull that paying off the dwarf leader more than the rest stuff
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

TheHealthInspector wrote:
laugh.gif

For what he's involved in he needs a woman that's going to stay in her lane and play/be dumb.
Shroeder is the kind of woman who will eventually want more and more attention and money and that will cost Nucky in the long run. I mean look at how she started the relationship off. Her character is questionable.

-She was only with prohibition because her husband was a drunk gave her KOs and knocked her up with make up sex as a reward for taking beatings like a champ

-She went to Nucky begging early trying to disguise it as "looking for work" 
grin.gif
 knowing damn well she was trying to slang some P

-She knows that Nucky had her husband killed and is only playing dumb to better her position

-She's a thief

-She woke up early on some psycho skit to bake dude some bread and got butt hurt when he didn't want it 
laugh.gif

She's trouble I tell ya...

laugh.gif

For what he's involved in he needs a woman that's going to stay in her lane and play/be dumb.
Shroeder is the kind of woman who will eventually want more and more attention and money and that will cost Nucky in the long run. I mean look at how she started the relationship off. Her character is questionable.

-She was only with prohibition because her husband was a drunk gave her KOs and knocked her up with make up sex as a reward for taking beatings like a champ

grin.gif

-She knows that Nucky had her husband killed and is only playing dumb to better her position

-She's a thief

-She woke up early on some psycho skit to bake dude some bread and got butt hurt when he didn't want it 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

grin.gif

-She's a thief

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think her motives started off innocent. She probably really was that naive the first few episodes.
What happened is that once she got a small glimpse of the good life rubbing elbows with Nucky and stuff she started to open her eyes and realize things for what they were.

Unltimately I think she might be too smart for her own good.

laugh.gif

grin.gif

-She's a thief

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think her motives started off innocent. She probably really was that naive the first few episodes.
What happened is that once she got a small glimpse of the good life rubbing elbows with Nucky and stuff she started to open her eyes and realize things for what they were.

Unltimately I think she might be too smart for her own good.

Nucky's biggest problem is that he's just a (corrupt) businessman at the moment. As skilled as he is at all that political jargon and handling of clients and partners if he had some gangsta in him he would've Fredo'd Eli, murked Shroeder (this ep), and gave Doyle the get down or lay down option.

But Nucky aint about that life. I await for the stretch of eps where he's not in it to see how he returns.

Nucky's biggest problem is that he's just a (corrupt) businessman at the moment. As skilled as he is at all that political jargon and handling of clients and partners if he had some gangsta in him he would've Fredo'd Eli, murked Shroeder (this ep), and gave Doyle the get down or lay down option.

But Nucky aint about that life. I await for the stretch of eps where he's not in it to see how he returns.

laugh.gif

grin.gif

-She's a thief

laugh.gif

Now she's trouble but I disagree with your reasoning. Once she saw the good life, she knew that Nucky wasn't the person that she originally met. Her views on him were corrupted from that point.
i can imagine people wondering where jimmy's baby moms was going...

He knew from the picture and the look in her eyes as well as how his son interacted with the photographer. That's why fathers don't like their wives/girlfriends/BMs bringing other men around their children, because they can be alienated.

Back
Top Bottom