BMW = Most Superfluous Car Line-Up? BMW Car Thread - 8Series Revealed

The 2019 BMW Z4 sDrive30i Brings You A 255-HP Turbocharged Four-Cylinder

First, official power specs for the U.S. version of the six-cylinder Z4 M40i are greater than anticipated: 382 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque. Initially the car was reported to put out 340 HP, so the boost is very welcome there. BMW now says the car will do 0 to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds.

Then there’s the announcement of the four-cylinder model, the Z4 sDrive30i. (I don’t make up the names, people.) That roadster will have BMW’s trusty 2.0-liter turbo four putting out 255 HP and a very healthy 295 lb-ft of torque, good for a zero to 60 mph dash in just 5.2 seconds. (By the way, curb weight on the four-banger Z4 is officially rated at 3,287 pounds, but the weight of the six-cylinder car hasn’t been announced yet.)

ffa4c3dd-bmw-z4-4.jpg

aed23251-bmw-z4-20.jpg

1d089b1a-bmw-z4-5.jpg

7c3ca469-bmw-z4-52.jpg

40912636-bmw-z4-44.jpg

951bd1f5-bmw-z4-33.jpg

2019 BMW 3 Series teased for Paris Motor Show debut (Oct 2)

BMW looks to regain segment leadership with the unveiling of its seventh-generation icon.

2019-bmw-3-series-teaser.jpg

Still would like to own a BMW in the future. Just not sure if I should.

they should but they'd probably make a smaller 5 for the 3 then make a smaller 8gc for the 3gc and then make it slightly bigger and call it 4gc then the 4 becomes a smaller 8

Actually thinking about picking up a 4 series gran coupe because the back is like a hatch instead of getting another crossover but that BMW reliability scares me away

The new 3-Series goes on sale in March of 2019, priced from $40,200 in the U.S and £33,610 in the UK, where the entry-level model will be a 320d, as opposed to the 330i that opens up the range in America.

First things first though, let’s talk size. The new 3er is 85 mm (3.34 in) longer than its predecessor, measuring 4,709 mm (185.7 inches) in length. It’s also wider by 16 mm (now 1,827 mm / 71.9 in) and just 1 mm taller. Meanwhile, its wheelbase has grown by 41 mm to 2,851 mm (112.2 inches) – the largest in its class.

5b18e509-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-90.jpg

7975c634-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-88.jpg

8fd0fe7e-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-89.jpg

e8b26e76-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-91.jpg

acc39efe-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-154.jpg

aeaf5138-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-73.jpg

a7f35f6a-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-59.jpg

e1b610bf-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-26.jpg

93e52bb0-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-23.jpg

6cef4381-2019-bmw-3-series-unveiled-paris-3.jpg

Potential dumb question - do those vents in the front of the new(er) 850 actually serve a functional purpose beyond aesthetics? I was disappointed with the design at first as I was hoping for a continuation of the wedge type design from the 90's but it has grown on me.

redundcany never ends when it comes to BMW, now theres gon' be a 2 series gran coupe which is pretty much a sedan

so them streamlining the naming pattern by giving odd numbers to the sedans and even numbers to the coupes are completely out of the window because all of the even numbered model has a sedan version now :lol: even worse for the 6-series because its now just a sedan :rofl:

a5c82d9e-2020-bmw-2-series-gran-coupe-spy-shots-6.jpg

redundcany never ends when it comes to BMW, now theres gon' be a 2 series gran coupe which is pretty much a sedan

so them streamlining the naming pattern by giving odd numbers to the sedans and even numbers to the coupes are completely out of the window because all of the even numbered model has a sedan version now :lol: even worse for the 6-series because its now just a sedan :rofl:

a5c82d9e-2020-bmw-2-series-gran-coupe-spy-shots-6.jpg

Definitely agree it’s confusing.

sad to say it but bmw's are getting boring...

One more refresh of the Tesla design interior and I'm jumping ship.

sad to say it but bmw's are getting boring...

One more refresh of the Tesla design interior and I'm jumping ship.

Those tesla body panels line up like butt. For the money they charge, that should exist. I think consumer reports did a report showing that the quality isn't there with those cars.

As for the BMWs, that new z looks like the fiata in the front. 3 series is a step back but regular 3s were always w.e to me. i think the current gen m3 is cold af tho, one of the best-designed cars on the road. from what im seeing tho, audi > the rest of the germans still, design wise.

355a20a6-2019-bmw-3-series-m-sport-package-5.jpg

If they update the G30 to this front bumper style and I’d be down to upgrade

Those tesla body panels line up like butt. For the money they charge, that should exist. I think consumer reports did a report showing that the quality isn't there with those cars.

As for the BMWs, that new z looks like the fiata in the front. 3 series is a step back but regular 3s were always w.e to me. i think the current gen m3 is cold af tho, one of the best-designed cars on the road. from what im seeing tho, audi > the rest of the germans still, design wise.

I agree BMWs have been boring but thats primarily interior wise. I'm not sure why you wouldnt step it up after seeing your biggest competitor Mercedes killing it.

Speaking of Tesla I agree too as the money they charge doesn't make sense but the R&D should be getting better. If they were trying to really take it to the next level they would hire some German or even Italian designers to help. Body Paneling and poor stitching and interior details should not be happening on a car at that price point.

Oh yeah Design Wise its still the GOAT SClass/SCoupe over Audi/BMW.

audis exterior has been lackluster as well, they've kind of gotten stuck to the old design and just making minor changes it seems

audi really started out with great designs with the r8 and a5/s5 but they haven't been developing new and exciting designs, they need to produce some of their concept designs like lexus has been doing

Back
Top Bottom