Black guy hair cuts

Man OBJ got a lot of y'all OD'n that doo. :smh:

I mean let it breathe now my goodness! :lol:

Almost every black male I see between the ages of 5 to 40 has this doo n it's burnt out, So unoriginal now, This is all I see now :lol:

Boy you so lame.

Same dude in other threads telling folks to stay woke and other conspiracy non-sense. :rolleyes

Maybe it's some truth to what he is saying, anybody in this thread sick asl if they think you CAN where those hairstyles after a certain age, I just made 20 and I notice people are starting to cut that **** off they heads around my age

His opinion became irrelevant after he dropped this gem in the Atlanta thread.

No hate but I think ATL prob has the most people wearing J's than any place.

Also if it's so easy to open n run a biz then how is anyone caking if everyone has a biz down there?

Not sure if this is ATL or not but I would not move any place where the dominant population isn't progressive just all on some syrup, weed, rap, hella impressionable by hip hop culture, smoke weed all day, rather hit licks than get a job, getting mad women preg, etc. ain't nothing cute or progressive about that at all. Not saying this is ATL but it's plenty of south spots like this that I wish would cease to exist.

http://niketalk.com/t/645321/if-i-w...ke-a-king-says-another-new-yorker-at-dive-bar

I just dont understand why in the black men hair world the bald to low cut is the default look. Anything else from curly afro's to DS5 to braids, locs, are just seen as passing fads that need to be given up after a certain age.
Self-Hating Negros. That's All.
mean.gif

Maybe it's some truth to what he is saying, anybody in this thread sick asl if they think you CAN where those hairstyles after a certain age, I just made 20 and I notice people are starting to cut that **** off they heads around my age
There's mad 30 & 40 Yr Olds with the Cut all over the country.

You 20 bro... barely grown. You gotta get out your little Bubble and really see what's going on.

All in all... let people cook with the Haircuts THEY WANT TO WEAR. Nobody bombs on cats rocking Short Fade & Waves as Unoriginal, so let's keep things in perspective.

I see the hipster attitude in here, as soon as something becomes popular now all of a sudden it doesn't sit right with y'all.

You can look at photos from 60+ years ago and see black men in suits with an inch or two of hair and no edge up. Not sure when the low cuts started taking hold. My guess is that people coming out of military service started passing down the low cut as standard practice, in addition to pressures from wypipo in hiring positions.

I see the hipster attitude in here, as soon as something becomes popular now all of a sudden it doesn't sit right with y'all.

Word

The funny thing is its not like low cuts/waves are unique or rare all of a sudden :lol:

Last edited:
^Looks like a fade with the slight frohawk, that was the wave before the south of france and nudred wave, looks clean, go for it.

Sidebar: You may be considered "sick asl" by some folks if you you think you can wear that hairstyle after a certain age. Damn near delusional

Last edited:
I think that if im like 45 years old with a corporate career and I rock that paintbrush look,(dont judge lol i call it how it looks) or the Odell cut that I see often it wouldnt look right ON ME, But it all looks pretty dope on alot of people that I see. I would only see a problem if the haircut was poorly done lol.

**** those styles would look good on me if I had it too now that I think about it lol...let people cook.

blackcease blackcease Of course im behind the trend lol.

You can look at photos from 60+ years ago and see black men in suits with an inch or two of hair and no edge up. Not sure when the low cuts started taking hold. My guess is that people coming out of military service started passing down the low cut as standard practice, in addition to pressures from wypipo in hiring positions.
Yea, I mean I think a lot of ppl know where it all stems from, but just bc it was the standard then... doesn't mean it has to be now.

And doesn't this all just totally blow away these guys arguments?

Never understood how someone can come in and say that everybody's jumping on the bandwagon of having Longer Hairstyles, yet the very same guys are championing the Most Standard Issue Black Man Cut of the Last Century.
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Btw, I love both styles... I can pull ALL of it off. Most of it. Lol
But just let Ppl cook w/ whatever they want to do... Simple.

I think that if im like 45 years old with a corporate career and I rock that paintbrush look,(dont judge lol i call it how it looks) or the Odell cut that I see often it wouldnt look right ON ME, But it all looks pretty dope on alot of people that I see. I would only see a problem if the haircut was poorly done lol.

I see a lot of 50+ year olds at my work site still wearing conks like they Terrence Howard.

In between the petty hate on new trends. What are yall thoughts on this cut?

Looks like the H&M Ginuwine

I have had my barber turn this guy's cut into my regular, minus the beard and the part(wish I could grow a beard)

I am 30 and work in corporate environment and think this is still pretty clean cut. Sponge brush is definitely used for this but in my opinion it doesn't like they everybody else's cut that has decided to grow their hair long and use a sponge brush. Its modern but at the same time it doesnt come across as being super trendy.

Some corporate jobs don't even require you to dress up (like mine), so I don't anybody is trippin over your hair being longer than an inch.

I swear sometimes black folk are they own worst enemy. We deem things as "unprofessional" that white folks don't even care about :lol:

Yeah man it ain't that serious to me. Maybe my jobs have been a little more laid back or something because I've never had issues with any cut.

Out of curiousity, has anybody in here had a problem at the job because of a haircut?

Yeah man it ain't that serious to me. Maybe my jobs have been a little more laid back or something because I've never had issues with any cut.

Out of curiousity, has anybody in here had a problem at the job because of a haircut?
nope...i found that folks may look funny depending on your look, but your demeanor and convo usually puts them at ease

i got dreads and got gauged ears and folks at my job were looking crazy and asking questions, but after conversation they pay no more attention to it

Nope and it's funny you bring this up because I've been using the sponge for the past 6 months and nobody said anything (well my manager actually said he'd have his hair like mine except it'd be white lol)

But I'm on that path to dreads now as of yesterday, so we'll see how that goes.

I have one job said i would have to cut my locs so i said good day and left.

Im sorry im not changing my appearance for no amount of money or a job.

Only job that ever did that was an amusement park I worked at in high school. When I was there you couldn't have beards or long side burns. I think the summer after I left they tried banning locks.

Some corporate jobs don't even require you to dress up (like mine), so I don't anybody is trippin over your hair being longer than an inch.

I swear sometimes black folk are they own worst enemy. We deem things as "unprofessional" that white folks don't even care about
laugh.gif

Reactions: God
Back
Top Bottom