Black guy hair cuts

when I use the sponge it doesnt come out spikey like that at all...I end up with my desired curls, especially with the shea moisture product.

the spikey look likes like some type of gel substance is applied that stiffens the hair at the tip.

the same motion with the sponge is applied im sure but the end results has something to do with the product in the hair I believe.
you just have to play around with different pressure and make multiple passes. your unique hair texture will effect how it twists too.

when i wanted a really spiky look i'd sponge brush it once. then i'd pull/stretch it back out so my hair had more verticality to it. then i'd sponge brush it again.

As far as waves I'm using carrot oil and a lil sportin waves
It'll be a while before they come in .my hair is at about a 3 all around

That reminds me one day I out a lil sporting waves in my hair went to take a shower hopped out and looked in the mirror and pow,360s no ******** :lol: it only happened once though

Cartier love rings to hold his locks is a nice added touch also.

Jaden's locks are nice.

Speaking of locks. My stylist re-twists my dreads from the root to half way of the lock. Are thought they are suppose to re-twist to the very tip of the dread, no? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Hey guys, been lurking for a bit and wanted to ask a question.

I want to start cutting my own hair, essentially give myself buzz cuts like the pics below. What clippers would you recommend and/or what guards would I need? Any guidance would be appreciated and I apologize for my ignorance. Great thread.

Hey guys, been lurking for a bit and wanted to ask a question.

I want to start cutting my own hair, essentially give myself buzz cuts like the pics below. What clippers would you recommend and/or what guards would I need? Any guidance would be appreciated and I apologize for my ignorance. Great thread.
These aren't really "Buzz" Cuts... I see a Skin Tight Fade or Taper on All 3 Pics.

But if you're looking for the All-Even like you're describing, just rock out with an Upper-Tier WAHL Clipper Set from Walmart.

They're not the Clippers Barbers use bc they're usually doing a lot more than you would, but they're Solid Clippers for the Low with a Full Set of Guards inside and will yield a Good Cut!

Btw... when you do cut it, all you'll need to use is the No.1 Guard All-Over. Maybe a No.0 Guard to lightly taper out the sides and back a bit.

Last edited:
For that cut, any basic clippers with a 2 guard would work
Thank you man.

These aren't really "Buzz" Cuts... I see a Skin Tight Fade or Taper on All 3 Pics.

But if you're looking for the All-Even like you're describing, just rock out with an Upper-Tier WAHL Clipper Set from Walmart.

They're not the Clippers Barbers use bc they're usually doing a lot more than you would, but they're Solid Clippers for the Low with a Full Set of Guards inside and will yield a Good Cut!

Btw... when you do cut it, all you'll need to use is the No.1 Guard All-Over. Maybe a No.0 Guard to lightly taper out the sides and back a bit.
Thank you for the correction. Word ima hit a Walmart soon and check out which clippers seem the best over there. I appreciate the knowledge man.

Man OBJ got a lot of y'all OD'n that doo. :smh:

I mean let it breathe now my goodness! :lol:

Almost every black male I see between the ages of 5 to 40 has this doo n it's burnt out, So unoriginal now, This is all I see now :lol:

Last edited:
Bevel makes a trimmer now, but its $180, has the ability to pop the cutting blade right out and set the depth then reattach, so you can 0 guard instantly. Still think that's way too much but neat idea

Nas endorses it

Last edited:
Im all for the current trend in men hairstyles. We needed something different.

I even think the bald fade with the hair combed back look that ofher races are doing now looks dope.

Man OBJ got a lot of y'all OD'n that doo. :smh:

I mean let it breathe now my goodness! :lol:

Almost every black male I see between the ages of 5 to 40 has this doo n it's burnt out, So unoriginal now, This is all I see now :lol:

Same dude in other threads telling folks to stay woke and other conspiracy non-sense. :rolleyes

Same dude in other threads telling folks to stay woke and other conspiracy non-sense. :rolleyes

Maybe it's some truth to what he is saying, anybody in this thread sick asl if they think you CAN where those hairstyles after a certain age, I just made 20 and I notice people are starting to cut that **** off they heads around my age

Back
Top Bottom