Black guy hair cuts

this is what my hair looks like right now
should i ask for a taper all around or a drop fade or are those the same thing?
i just want my back pushed up higher

Last edited:
this is what my hair looks like right now
should i ask for a taper all around or a drop fade or are those the same thing?
i just want my back pushed up higher
Drop Fade is gonna be a Fade that goes All-Around the Dome and drops below the Temple in the Back.

Taper is just a Shortened Fade in Specific Areas, usually the Neck & Sides. (What you have already)

If you wanna keep the Fro look... I'd stay Taper, but just tell your barber to take it up further in the back.

Last edited:
Someone school me on the difference between the cantu curling cream and the Shea moisture smoothie

Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie can dry your hair out.

It's good to use a couple times a week, with a daily scalp lotion or something.

Cantu is more of a lotion (or he one that I've used), and it has a different texture to it.

Both are good tho. I prefer Shea

Aye, I gotta try that fam. [emoji]128064[/emoji]

This joint?

I use the Olive cream conditioner

Cantu is more of a lotion (or he one that I've used), and it has a different texture to it.

I'm at Target and the Shea is $13 and the Cantu is $7 [emoji]128563[/emoji]

I'd honestly say try both, but try one after the other.

I'd recommend trying cantu first since it's half the price and you may end up liking it.

I know some people who don't like Shea Moisture smoothie cause it dries their hair out.

Needing some new trimmers.

Which are better for shaving and lining?

Andis GTX or T-Outliner 2?

Last edited:

I'm at Target and the Shea is $13 and the Cantu is $7 [emoji]128563[/emoji]

Which is why I have gone with the Cantu and not looked back. In my experience the Smoothie works better, but not double the price better if that makes sense

Needing some new trimmers.

Which are better for shaving and lining?

Andis GTX or T-Outliner 2?

really about the same, the gtx is supposed to have a few improvements but the differences are nominal. Either one is gonna get you crispier than pretty much any other tool on the market with the correct adjustments

Anybody seen this? Basically a stencil for your line, temple, corners, and backs. Going to start back going to the $5 Korean ladies and just tell them "use this." Also makes cutting your own hair much more a possibility

If you need a damn template tool to shape a damn arc...you should not be cutting hair period.

Its not that hard to shape a damn arc...especially using an Andis T Liner....

You are pretty much drawing it with the end teeth

It's really not that serious.

I've been cutting my hair for over a year now. I've always had a very high level of dexterity and hand eye coordination.

After a couple of months pretty much made my barber of 10 years obsolete. Can just barely tell the difference between my side taper and his. Same with thee front part of the line.

Tapering the back and rounded edges are a little more nuanced. Idk why you acting like ****** should just be able to do it at a pro level off top. :lol:

Thanks but how exactly do you use this? 
nerd.gif
  Just brush and it comes out spikey?
"Spikey" isn't really a word I've ever heard used in this thread... Lol

But uh, yea bro, you just brush over the hair in a circular motion and Voila.

Youtube is a Friend.
wink.gif

How do you get your hair extra spikey like that? :nerd:

I have a longer version of the Russell Westbrook fade but my hair is too smooth. I want it to look slightly nappy/spikey? Suggestions....
i use a towel a just go clockwise over my head but i just recently got a sponge and ive been using that too

when I use the sponge it doesnt come out spikey like that at all...I end up with my desired curls, especially with the shea moisture product.

the spikey look likes like some type of gel substance is applied that stiffens the hair at the tip.

the same motion with the sponge is applied im sure but the end results has something to do with the product in the hair I believe.

when I use the sponge it doesnt come out spikey like that at all...I end up with my desired curls, especially with the shea moisture product.

the spikey look likes like some type of gel substance is applied that stiffens the hair at the tip.

the same motion with the sponge is applied im sure but the end results has something to do with the product in the hair I believe.
The End Result mostly has to do with your Hair Texture.

Still don't get the "Spikey" reference... but all it is, IS Curls. Depending on how long you brush with the Sponge will determine how Tight it Coils up.

The Lighter you use it, the bigger the curls... if you go Ham, they'll be more defined, but they'll start to Coil really Tight and Lock after awhile.

It's all preference at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom