Black Enlightenment Thread. (*Index Added**Book & Movie Club Update on Pg.1)

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

regardless, that is irrelevant. just because white people don't know what it's like to be black doesn't mean you should start unifying the black community under the common enemy of the "whites". and that is exactly what the underlying presumption is when you bring up things like egyptian kings. those egyptian kings are not to be revered, but to be derided. they were slavemasters.
this isnt about unifying the black community against a common enemy. Its about ENLIGHTENING black people to the deeds of their ancestors, mostblack people dont know the history of the great kingdoms & civilizations that were in Africa. This thread isnt about uplifting black people at the expenseof white people, its simply about uplifting black people. What is so wrong with wanting fellow african americans to feel a sense of pride about the fact thatthey were black? What is so wrong with wanting to end the whole light skin/dark skin divisiveness there is in the black community? Why do you, someone who isntblack, care so much about other black people trying to become more knowledgeable & cultured about BLACK history?

smh.gif
Come on family.

This thread was a beautiful thing until the hijacking.Respect the OP's wishes and drop things to ENLIGHTEN.
Going back & forth with people who didn't truly grasp the concept of this thread from the beginning is pointless.

Its about ENLIGHTENING black people to the deeds of their ancestors, most black people dont know the history of the great kingdoms & civilizations that were in Africa. This thread isnt about uplifting black people at the expense of white people, its simply about uplifting black people. What is so wrong with wanting fellow african americans to feel a sense of pride about the fact that they were black? What is so wrong with wanting to end the whole light skin/dark skin divisiveness there is in the black community? Why do you, someone who isnt black, care so much about other black people trying to become more knowledgeable & cultured about BLACK history?
Exactly..

Now with enlightenment comes the truths..and we must understand the persecutory mindset of those who have/had/still try to limit our success whether they arewhite or EVEN BLACK.

and that is exactly what the underlying presumption is when you bring up things like egyptian kings. those egyptian kings are not to be revered, but to be derided. they were slavemasters.
I hate to say this again but if you were Black you would understand the reason for revering egyptian kings and chemic (sp) all that stuff. TheBlack psyche is a very sensitive and heavily damaged one. Knowledge allows us to heal this psyche and repair our sense of self..well +*!%! why not. some pplaint got no common sense now can we move on to some more stimulating convo im at work till 9 tonight so lets get it
laugh.gif

Amazing. You always get these posts about "BET is this" and "that rapper is perpetuating negative stereotypes", but when you make apositive endeavor, look at the first response you get. And like someone else said, it sucks when you can't just wake up and "be", you have to beout there putting on a good face all the time, else you're a lowlife.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

I am sorry for your aunts, but what does that have to do with what YOU have been through. I did not pretend to know what you have gone through, yet you did with me.

As a Pakistani myself I can definately say that I've gone through racism, institutionalized, profiled, and singled out to be pigeonholed as something(s) Iam blatanty not. As a MINORITY I'll never have the PRIVILEGE that White people have just for being White. In that sense all MINORITIES share that commonbond.

Thats not to say blacks aren't equally discriminated against STILL in this country, but trust me when I say this, we (Pakistanis, Middle Easterns, etc) inno way shape form or fashion possess the PRIVILEGE that White people have. We don't get better jobs for being what we are, and we certainly aren'tsocially accepted nor received the way Whites are in this society. The thing that always gets me angry is that people (of other racial and ethnic minoritygroups) feel as if their struggle is personal when its not, if you're not an upper/middle-class White MALE (I say Male for a specific reason) then you canin some way shape, form or fashion RELATE to being discriminated against in some form.

With that said, yes I believe I can relate to what Blacks are going through RIGHT NOW, in this country. That's not to say I can relate to what has happenedin the past 200 years in this country, however you can't relate what has happened to US in the past before we came to this country, nor evenspecifically what has happened to us as a people after 9/11. HOWEVER, you can relate to the institutionalized racism, pigeonholing, andsingling out that we're going through, because you yourself have been through it.

I think instead of specifically a "Black Enlightenment" thread their should be a Minority enlightenment thread, because the struggle has becomecommon. Its not just black and white, its about class, its about race, its about gender, and its about religion. For that reason focusing on ONE particulargroup instead of the HUMAN RACE (the only race that actually exists) could come off as racial supremacy.

The problem in this country isn't race, its minorities. Race is just one part of a much broader spectrum of issues. As long as people are objectified andpigeonholed, and as long as humans divide one another into categories, we'll just end up alienating ourselves from one another. In that sense you'llget nowhere if you enlighten specifically your OWN people, because everyone else will still be ignorant.

Here's the platform's text....

1. We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.We believe that black people will not be free until we are able to determine our destiny.2. We want full employment for our people.We believe that the federal government is responsible and obligated to give every man employment or a guaranteed income. We believe that if the white American businessmen will not give full employment, then the means of production should be taken from the businessmen and placed in the community so that the people of the community can organize and employ all of its people and give a high standard of living.3. We want an end to the robbery by the white man of our Black Community.We believe that this racist government has robbed us and now we are demanding the overdue debt of forty acres and two mules. Forty acres and two mules was promised 100 years ago as restitution for slave labor and mass murder of black people. We will accept the payment as currency which will be distributed to our many communities. The Germans are now aiding the Jews in Israel for the genocide of the Jewish people. The Germans murdered six million Jews. The American racist has taken part in the slaughter of over twenty million black people; therefore, we feel that this is a modest demand that we make.4. We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.We believe that if the white landlords will not give decent housing to our black community, then the housing and the land should be made into cooperatives so that our community, with government aid, can build and make decent housing for its people.5. We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent Americansociety. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present-day society.We believe in an educational system that will give to our people a knowledge of self. If a man does not have knowledge of himself and his position in society and the world, then he has little chance to relate to anything else.6. We want all black men to be exempt from military service.We believe that Black people should not be forced to fight in the military service to defend a racist government that does not protect us. We will not fight and kill other people of color in the world who, like black people, are being victimized by the white racist government of America. We will protect ourselves from the force and violence of the racist police and the racist military, by whatever means necessary.7. We want an immediate end to police brutality and murder of black people.We believe we can end police brutality in our black community by organizing black self-defense groups that are dedicated to defending our black community from racist police oppression and brutality. The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States gives a right to bear arms. We therefore believe that all black people should arm themselves for self defense.8. We want freedom for all black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.We believe that all black people should be released from the many jails and prisons because they have not received a fair and impartial trial.9. We want all black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their black communities,as defined by the Constitution of the United States.We believe that the courts should follow the United States Constitution so that black people will receive fair trials. The 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution gives a man a right to be tried by his peer group. A peer is a person from a similar economic, social, religious, geographical, environmental, historical and racial background. To do this the court will be forced to select a jury from the black community from which the black defendant came. We have been, and are being tried by all-white juries that have no understanding of the "average reasoning man" of the black community.10. We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace. And as our major political objective, a United Nations-supervisedplebiscite to be held throughout the black colony in which only black colonial subjects will be allowed to participate for the purpose of determining the willof black people as to their national destiny.When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume, among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation. We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly, all experience hath shown, that mankind are more disposed to supper, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariable the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

All minorities deal with racism, institutionalized, as well as other forms. STILL what blacks go through and deal with is a unique experience. America hasbrought harm to several nations, but none more severe on black men. There own citizens. Two differing camps, a mentality by blacks that has carried down sinceslavery, and the system which is still stacked against MINORITIES in general. You do not have the PRIVILEGES whites face, but also you do not share thedisadvantages that blacks do.

Can I get some feedback on my post about the Lion King ? I mean, it's a small thing and all..but it might surprise a few of yall when it comes to theorigins of that very well known song..

All minorities deal with racism, institutionalized, as well as other forms. STILL what blacks go through and deal with is a unique experience. America has brought harm to several nations, but none more severe on black men. There own citizens. Two differing camps, a mentality by blacks that has carried down since slavery, and the system which is still stacked against MINORITIES in general. You do not have the PRIVILEGES whites face, but also you do not share the disadvantages that blacks do.
To be unprivileged is to be disadvantaged. If you aren't privileged you're not getting the advantages you could or should have. Tell mehow other minorities are more advantaged than blacks?

Well for one you don't suffer the 240 year psychological effects of slavery. What most fail to see is the subconscious effects it has had on blacks overthe years. Unemployment, crime rates, drop out rates, AIDS; these occurrences are not highest among blacks for no reason. Again I am not saying that this islimited to blacks, but the reasons for these glaring statistics are numerous, and a DIRECT link to slavery, and Jim Crow.

So the Afrikan culture lived and thrived on this new continent. Even some Afrikan slaves in Panama ran away and started their own communities in the forests and lived somewhat how they used to in their home land. The U.S. slaves as we know didn't have this luxury

Correct for the most part. The Gullah/Geechee people of the Sea Islands were able to retain a vast amount of their history, tradition, languages, and evennames. My ancestors were originally Mende Muslims from Sierra Leone and came here on slave ships destined for South Carolina. Even now we still have the lastname Mustapha or another common derivative and my father's aunts and uncles can still speak the language.

Before I unnecessarily type four paragraphs. Are you saying that slavery has no effect to this day on the black community?

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

All minorities deal with racism, institutionalized, as well as other forms. STILL what blacks go through and deal with is a unique experience. America has brought harm to several nations, but none more severe on black men. There own citizens. Two differing camps, a mentality by blacks that has carried down since slavery, and the system which is still stacked against MINORITIES in general. You do not have the PRIVILEGES whites face, but also you do not share the disadvantages that blacks do.
To be unprivileged is to be disadvantaged. If you aren't privileged you're not getting the advantages you could or should have. Tell me how other minorities are more advantaged than blacks?
here's an example. The majority of the time when you hear about a black man on the news, it is always about something negative. The majorityof the time you hear about a black man succeeding, it is normally as a athlete/rapper. It is just subtle things like that that make you feel like you are justdestined for failure. Isnt there some statistic out there that says the as a black man you are significantly more likely to be in jail then to be in college.Just think about that statistic for a moment.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
This thread is a joke.. how come know of you guys address how the blackcommunity disregards education but then are surprised when they have low social standings? think about it for a second, mini al sharptons.

Originally Posted by Gordon Gekko 979

roll.gif
laugh.gif
This thread is a joke.. how come know of you guys address how the black community disregards education but then are surprised when they have low social standings? think about it for a second, mini al sharptons.
thank you for your insightful & intelligent post.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
This thread is a joke.. how come know of you guys address how the black community disregards education but then are surprised when they have low social standings? think about it for a second, mini al sharptons.

Not only is that false but an incredibly ignorant statement. In your eyes every black person neglects education.

From another thread:

eyes.gif
at the fact blacks are crying about racism, blacks are just as racist as any other group, get off your high horses
indifferent.gif

2. I despise this taxing the rich more than the middle class. it's unheard of. If you truly want to make things event, it should be the same tax rate across all incomes
3.taxing wealthy more so we can give back to the middle/lower class, ****. so i'm in school busting my +$@ to get into a good college, and have a good job, i should pay for the 70%+ of lazy students in my class because its the fair thing? how about no. why should i even work hard, if most of earnings will be taken away and given to someone who didn't work for my money? THIS IS MADNESS.. it's not my fault, nor problem if you are poor.

4.perfect analogy; i work hard in HS and get a 4.0 gpa, sarah is somewhat lazy and doesnt try that much and has a 3.0. i should give her .5 of my gpa to make it fair. hmm
5.tbone i see you fam, slaying down the extreme liberals left and right

All I needed to know about this guy.
laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif

You obviously don't understand social pigeonholing and the effect it has on young people.Nor effects of gentrification, and HOW it effects a community.You sir are ignorant to all these and many other factors. You can't be properly educated if there isn't a proper education system in place, nor ifsociety had placed predisposed roles upon you.

Furthermore you are blinded by PRIVILEGE, something you have failed to grasp an understanding of. I refuse to waste my time with bigots though, I'm noteven going to elaborate myself to a person whom chooses (and furthermore EMBRACES) ignorance.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

You obviously don't understand social pigeonholing and the effect it has on young people.Nor effects of gentrification, and HOW it effects a community. You sir are ignorant to all these and many other factors. You can't be properly educated if their isn't a proper education system in place, nor if society had placed predisposed roles upon you.
So it's the white mans fault?

I've always wondered why people like Gordon Gekko 979 come in these threads just to talk bad about the topic. Is it really that hard to not give a responsein these threads? Its like some dudes have a pathological need to tell other people their feelings about every issue. Seriously its just ridiculous, nobodywants to hear about all that negativity.

This post had nothing to do with all of that. This what happens when you expect more from morons. NT will always be NT.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

You obviously don't understand social pigeonholing and the effect it has on young people.Nor effects of gentrification, and HOW it effects a community. You sir are ignorant to all these and many other factors. You can't be properly educated if their isn't a proper education system in place, nor if society had placed predisposed roles upon you.
stormfront.org

if you want people to agree with what you're saying, then go start posting on that board.

roll.gif
laugh.gif

Yes, in many ways. However many white people refuse to take responsibility for their PEOPLES actions. You yourself may not have in actuality contributed to anyof these factors, but simply by being white you are responsible for these factors. You are PRIVILEGED, and have resources minorities (specifically Blackminorities in this case) don't have.

Back
Top Bottom