Black Culture Discussion Thread

thats the closest he ever got to being a teacher
lavinereact.gif

I don't really understand the hate for Terry Crews. People always talk about the lack of male abuse victims who come forward you got the same time clown Terry for not being man enough. No wonder male abuse victims dont come forward more often. The point he's making is that having big muscles does it make a difference because this producer has power over you and can ruin your career regardless of if you kick his a** or not. what exactly would beating the crap out of him do if he can take away your livelihood?

I understood his approach and was taking his side in how he handled it but now he's flexing and talking big **** to dudes about some lil jokes but he had none of that for the dude that violated him.

He's using a weak argument to jump on this "black men are toxic" narrative. It was white man that treated him like a thot and it's white people that have enabled that behavior in Hollywood.

I understood his approach and was taking his side in how he handled it but now he's flexing and talking big **** to dudes about some lil jokes but he had none of that for the dude that violated him.

He's using a weak argument to jump on this "black men are toxic" narrative. It was white man that treated him like a thot and it's white people that have enabled that behavior in Hollywood.
not to mention
should we point out his role in white chicks
to where he was more upset that marlon was black
than an actual female

I would have to disagree a bit.

The thing is that's is exactly what criminal justice reform is being pitched as. It helps people of all backgrounds but is especially effects the black community.

Gay rights is sort an umbrella thing too because the gay community is not homogeneous, and it has expanded to include trans rights too.

Immigration is definitely not for one community. I am a black man from the Caribbean, if Trump's immigration policy were in place in the 1990s, I do not get a green card.

But I share in your frustration about how certain policies are never talked about in the context of helping black America. The thing is some people act like if a bill doesn't state "to help black people" it in no way can. Universal healthcare, a jobs guarantee, Postal banking, and tons of other economic programs would help uplift black people but they are never talked about in that context.

Now one hand I can understand why a left wing politician might not want to use such term because many white voters turn their backs on anything they perceive as helpful to black people. But I think within the community too many folk hand wave these things away because it is not labeled for us.

it's definitely a tough job especially being that most people aren't, understandably, completely knowledgeable on the specifics. even moreso when it seems like other groups seemingly get more attention both in media and with specific policies; even when the reasons for that being the case are apparent. however, the dissonance (actual or perceived) between the messaging and actual policy is really down to how effective any given politician can communicate it to the different audiences/demographics; and to the extent that our society increasingly becomes 'winner takes all' and/or more polarized it will take more skillful communicators to relay the necessary info to the different (or the most important) demographics...people can say what they want about 45, but he understood, even if it was cynically, how to use rhetoric to transmit his messaging...

I know this is primary banter and all, but assuming that she becomes the Democratic nominee, will you pinch your nose, go out and vote for her, or will you stay home and have 4 more years of *****ing about the Don (he ain't getting primaried)?

I get what a lot of people here are saying about her wanting to appear down with black folks and I agree, but I don't have an issue with her POC comment: it's accurate considering her background, and it highlights the diversity that exists within Black America.

I know this is primary banter and all, but assuming that she becomes the Democratic nominee, will you pinch your nose, go out and vote for her, or will you stay home and have 4 more years of *****ing about the Don (he ain't getting primaried)?

I get what a lot of people here are saying about her wanting to appear down with black folks and I agree, but I don't have an issue with her POC comment: it's accurate considering her background, and it highlights the diversity that exists within Black America.
its not just her poc comment though
and lets say ok she not worse than trump cool
but what if she still supporting the same oppressive ideologies
thats in our laws before trump came
and not tryna fix them
then what
well she better than trump
so lets vote for her???

its not just her poc comment though
and lets say ok she not worse than trump cool
but what if she still supporting the same oppressive ideologies
thats in our laws before trump came
and not tryna fix them
then what
well she better than trump
so lets vote for her???

She is not

I would most likely sit it out. But I need to hear her political strategy before completely giving up on her. Her current record and inexperience is worrisome.

I would most likely sit it out. But I need to hear her political strategy before completely giving up on her. Her current record and inexperience is worrisome.
Why sit out completely?

There will be other stuff on the ballot

Why sit out completely?

There will be other stuff on the ballot

If things got down between Kamalah and Donnie, I just don't feel the urgency to get out there. But that's why I said, I'll have to hear her strategy and more of her views. She doesn't even have political views on her website.

If things got down between Kamalah and Donnie, I just don't feel the urgency to get out there. But that's why I said, I'll have to hear her strategy and more of her views. She doesn't even have political views on her website.
If Harris' record as an elected criminal justice official gives you pause, just remember that those elections are usually low turnout elections, and when turnout is low that usually favors the candidate with more punitive positions.

If we want real progressive prosecutors, judges, and local officials, we have to elect them too.

Anyway, when she does post policy positions on her website I would guess you will be happy with what you read on criminal justice.

:lol: if @deuce king bout to campaign for somebody who has a TERRIBLE record as Cali's attorney general. She might the best example of a house slave today.

She was against releasing non-violent prisoners cuz her and her crew wanted to keep them in prison to work for free. The prisoners do all the work around prisons and they fight the wildfires in Cali.

Back
Top Bottom