Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Almost missed the very beginning of this panicking that I'd be stuck watching the MTV awards.

"Have to make it look real" Cold world for Ignacio.

I wonder what's up with Kim. Acting weird whole scene.

Last edited:
Almost forgot about Gale :lol:

Real cool bringing back this actor. Come in to his own as one of those guys that just has so much range.

Ep 1 & 2

Thrilling start. Gene T. getting more paranoid. Weird cabby guy didn't help w/ that.

I like that they're being more explicit about Jimmy and Kim's relationship. I feel like it's only raising us up to be drastically let down. The fact that they could kill off Chuck for me makes it very possible that Kim also dies. I've heard theories that she just leaves Jimmy because he takes his Saul routine too far for her. But I think it's more likely she's dead which is why we don't see her Breaking Bad.

Nacho was careless for getting caught throwing out the pills. Hell, for all we know Esposito saw him try to dump the pills in the gutter. Feel bad for him still. Lost his partner and now is basically a slave to Esposito. His dad asked him when he's getting out. Now we know the answer is jamás!

Agree with Kim about Howard dumping his guilt onto Jimmy. I mean wtf. "Hey there! Your brother is dead and I think he committed suicide because of me!" Terrible. He already knows Jimmy and Chuck weren't on good terms for a good reason and now he's acting like Jimmy should care after Chuck basically gave him the finger about his whole life. Also really wanna know what's in the letter. I agree with Kim that it is one last F you from the grave but we could be wrong.

Don't really understand why Jimmy turned down the Neff salesman job.

Ehrmantraut, excellent as always. Just watching his scenes gets me to pay even closer attention. I wanna try to see what he's seeing and figure out why he does what he does before the show has a chance to explain.

I wonder where Kim is going to go this season though. I believe this season will be the completion of the turn from Jimmy to Saul since Jimmy isn't trying to impress his brother anymore. But what will happen to Kim?

Now to watch Ep. 3.

i think dont like the expansion

those were assisted living homes they were building?

i dont think that intro set up was so clean i mean imo dude clearly looked like he had been dead for a while for nacho to have made that call and still be alive when the cousins got there

also wouldnt he have the zip tie marks around his neck?

and who would rob them in the middle of the desert but leave nacho alive to crawl a few feet and not bullet in his head too?

chucks letter was cold that backhanded shade

mom was never so happy smh

i gave you your start

i dont think kim understands the dynamics of chuck and jimmy real relationship

also those being his last words i think made her cry

nvm theyre banks i think

and now i think kims "spacing out" was due to her realization that her chicanery with jimmy and those property addresses led to ill-gotten gains and is ultimately what drove chuck mad and inadvertently led to his death

also the tears are because i think she see its not howard or jimmy but her fault if she hadnt changed those numbers chuck might still be alive

Last edited:
Kim?

Guess I was wrong about the nature of the letter.

My guess is she's starting to feel guilt in her role with the Mesa Verde address mix up.

Scene with Jimmy and the hummel thief was hilarious.

Feel bad for the crooked vet. Something tells me the cartel isn't quite through with him yet.

Kim?

Guess I was wrong about the nature of the letter.

My guess is she's starting to feel guilt in her role with the Mesa Verde address mix up.

That's my thinking as well.

Goddamn I love this show. From start to finish this season has been stellar.

Chuck's Final Letter to Jimmy - More Proof He Hated Him
The note was FILLED with subtle digs at Jimmy. Mostly subconscious, since Chuck was nuts like that.
upload_2018-8-22_1-33-52.png

https://moviechat.org/tt3032476/Bet...final-letter-to-Jimmy-more-proof-he-hated-him

First, just the way it starts: "I hope you will take my words in the spirit in which they are intended." That's universally understood code for 'I am about to **** on you.'

Then there's the meat of the letter, which is basically Chuck saying how proud he is of Jimmy to work in the MAIL ROOM. "You took the opportunity I gave you, and ran with it." He saw Jimmy as his pet that he gave a handout to & kept in the basement, but he never wanted him to be any more than that, never respected his aspirations to be a lawyer. (He admits this flat-out to Jimmy's face later, in an outburst.)

"I'm certain no matter what the future might bring, you'll land on your feet." It reads more like an employment termination notice than final words from a loving brother.

The real key giveaway in the letter to me though, the real insight into Chuck's resentment towards Jimmy, is a throwaway line near the beginning of the letter: "I can honestly say I never saw mom happier than the day *you* were born. You brought a shine to her life that nothing else ever did, and I'm glad of that."

That's a reference to arguably the main source of Chuck's resentment toward Jimmy: his own jealousy, that their mom (& dad) loved Jimmy more (or Chuck thought so anyway). Back in the finale of season 2, they show the flashback where Chuck and Jimmy are at their mom's deathbed in the hospital. Jimmy goes out to get food, and while Chuck is sitting there alone with her, she suddenly wakes up for a brief moment, calling out Jimmy's name repeatedly, then dies. Jimmy comes back later with the food, is shocked to learn she died, then asks Chuck "Did she say anything?" Chuck says "No."

Arguably the worst thing Chuck has ever done to Jimmy, and to me, the defining moment that sums up what a piece of **** Chuck always was to Jimmy.

Kim probably thinks she pushed Chuck to kill himself

Then Jimmy is going to tell her the truth

I thought the guy that stole the statue was going to screw Jimmy over :lol:

Definitely thought the burglar was going to keep the statue for himself after that nonsense.:lol:

Also, anyone think it's possible that isn't the letter Chuck left for him and was just an attempt to give Jimmy some closure?:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom