Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

Why do y'all think she dies? I think what's happening is she's seeing Jimmy for who he really is...

Someone who can't help scamming people.

She clearly loves him, supports him and she's conflicted but it's wearing on her and I think at some point she just up and bounces. It seems like a law career is wearing her down as well so I think she quits that and that's why we never see her again. Jimmy can't go find her because she leaves that life behind and starts fresh elsewhere.

I think that's what happens to her, Chuck obviously dies and so does Nacho.

I agree about Kim.

Chuck is dead. This isn't GoT, we don't need on-screen deaths :lol:

No one really knows what will happen to Nacho, some think he makes it to Breaking Bad because they mention "Ignacio" in one scene. I'm not convinced, Ignacio is a pretty common Spanish name.

She can die in an accident.

I respectfully disagree

After her first accident, it seems like she learned her lesson and will properly take care of herself. I mean she went and rented like 12 videos and then had Franceska dead the case she was supposed to be working on. Barring a tragic car accident that isn't Kim's fault(like this one was)

I just don't see that happening. I also find that lazy in Vince, I mean she falls asleep at the wheel and almost dies and then gets into another accident the same way?

In the same light Salamanca had a stroke and ultimately didn't go out from another one(it's possible he could've easily gone out that way too or atleast had multiple other ones we haven't seen) but because the storytelling in BB and BCS is so complex, there was bigger narrative to be had for that character.

I feel the same way about Kim. Who is without a doubt one of the people on the show that Jimmy loves. So for her to simply taken out by an accident at this stage of the game seems more of a cop out than anything. With a storyteller as detailed as Vince, There's either gotta be a huge fight between them, she leaves town or she's still involved with Saul during BB, like I said and we get other sides(continuations) to some of Saul's memorable scenes from BB, but with Kim involved.

It'll be interesting if when Mike comes to recruit Jimmy for Gus, he finds out about Kim and Jimmy basically tells mike she's not like that and after Mike thoroughly tails Kim(Like gus was tailing Mike and How Hank tailed Gus), finds his story checks out and they leave her completely out of it. She could still be aware that Jimmy is up to no good, but any knowledge of Gus' operation would probably result in death. If they did off her though, I honestly wouldn't see jimmy still being in business with them and he could've split a long time ago.

It's all gonna get interesting for sure. Saul still has to meet that "Getaway guy" in the first place and do some more networking, which should be fun to watch. My money is that Kim leaves through that whole thing. and comes to visit Jimmy after his collapse in the flashforward, but has a completely different name and identity. Someone has to visit him in that flashforward and my money is on her

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree

After her first accident, it seems like she learned her lesson and will properly take care of herself. I mean she went and rented like 12 videos and then had Franceska dead the case she was supposed to be working on. Barring a tragic car accident that isn't Kim's fault(like this one was)

I just don't see that happening. I also find that lazy in Vince, I mean she falls asleep at the wheel and almost dies and then gets into another accident the same way?

She could possibly die in a fire or plenty of other "non-murder" situations.

She could possibly die in a fire or plenty of other "non-murder" situations.

again just seems lazy man. Chuck already died in a fire, so does a filing cabinet fall on Kim? Maybe when she's making a bank deposit it gets robbed and she's a casualty?? Drive by happens and she gets a stray bullet?? Vince is better than that.

I wouldn't bet against you, but I'd have to see it to believe it

again just seems lazy man. Chuck already died in a fire, so does a filing cabinet fall on Kim? Maybe when she's making a bank deposit it gets robbed and she's a casualty?? Drive by happens and she gets a stray bullet?? Vince is better than that.

I wouldn't bet against you, but I'd have to see it to believe it
Her death would be believable is all I was trying to convey. She has been written into the show well and is for the most part really liked. Should she be killed off, there would be closure to her character and we won't be left with any loose ends.

Her death would be believable is all I was trying to convey. She has been written into the show well and is for the most part really liked. Should she be killed off, there would be closure to her character and we won't be left with any loose ends.

gotcha

Don't see her being killed and who would do it? Doubt she'd stick her nose some place it doesn't belong especially since what Gus, Nach, Mike do is a huge step up from what Jimmy does.

seems random to me
She could just die. Don't have to be directly killed.

Hell she could've died the past ep :lol:

Without going in to metaphorical interprations, nobody killed Chuck and look how he died.

She clearly loves him, supports him and she's conflicted but it's wearing on her and I think at some point she just up and bounces. It seems like a law career is wearing her down as well so I think she quits that and that's why we never see her again. Jimmy can't go find her because she leaves that life behind and starts fresh elsewhere.
Agreed.

Why do y'all think she dies? I think what's happening is she's seeing Jimmy for who he really is...

Someone who can't help scamming people.

I think that's what happens to her, Chuck obviously dies and so does Nacho.
I Totally totally see it the complete opposite, I don't think I've seen one action from her that says "man, this guy is off, and mean, and a scumbag"

I do feel like something has been wearing on her, but not Saul, it was work overload. I mean just look how she treated Jimmy when he came in to celebrate the settlement with the bottle of liquor, it wasn't mean she just wasn't hearing him, it was only her work work work,  she was moving so fast that the only thing that mattered was getting to that appointment, and then she wrecked.

You can even see in the hospital when her and Saul are in the room with the Nurse, that she is just dead tired, and she has that look of ....relief almost, because sitting there, in that bed...was the first break she'd had in ages.

Same when she was with her Secretary, and the Sec was rescheduling everything and at first she was like, "hell yea, you can really keep this together"....then she thought to herself  "hmmm..wait a minute, let me enjoy this...." ...then she tells her Sec to cancel everything and she runs out to Blockbuster for 9 movies and binge food to just get her CHILL on..

I totally agree, as posted above pretty much...it's her career that is spinning her, not Jimmy or Saul...

It's a natural progression that someone like Kim would start to see Jimmy/Saul for the "hustle/scam/scumbag"....I just haven't see her see him that way in any shape or form...it's all been love and admiration from my POV.

Last edited:
Honestly I couldn't really care less about what happens with Kim. They could write her off right now and I wouldn't give a ****. She might be the most uninteresting personality on the entire show.

[quote name="a-friend"]It's a natural progression that someone like Kim would start to see Jimmy/Saul for the "hustle/scam/scumbag"....I just haven't see her see him that way in any shape or form...it's all been love and admiration from my POV.
[/quote]It would definitely have to be a natural progression, not just something that happens suddenly. And I think some of us have interpreted certain scenes as if that natural progression were already taken place. For example, off the top of my head, when she first saw that commercial that he made. Her response at the end, it would definitely be tough to argue that that was love and admiration and he's such an amazing person and she just adores him to itty-bitty pieces. It's tough to say definitively what her thought process was, but I think me and those of us who think that that natural progression has already started to take place see her response as like "Yeah, it's... that's great. I ummm... There's something wrong with you."

Also, you could tell she was REALLY struggling with the whole numbers switch-a-roo he did to Chuck.

And if she knew... now this is obviously an assumption... but if she knew about what he just did with that old lady, turning her friends against her... he knows he has to keep his manipulations and devious tactics away from her.

Last edited:
It would definitely have to be a natural progression, not just something that happens suddenly. And I think some of us have interpreted certain scenes as if that natural progression were already taken place. For example, off the top of my head, when she first saw that commercial that he made. Her response at the end, it would definitely be tough to argue that that was love and admiration and he's such an amazing person and she just adores him to itty-bitty pieces. It's tough to say definitively what her response was, but I think me and those of us who think that that natural progression has already started to take place see her response as like "Yeah, it's... that's great. I ummm... There's something wrong with you."

Also, you could tell she was REALLY struggling with the whole numbers switch-a-roo he did to Chuck.

And if she knew... now this is obviously an assumption... but if she knew about but he just did with that old lady, turning her friends against her... he knows he has to keep his manipulations and devious tactics away from her.

Exactly. There are a few different moments where you can see the storm brewing, building. At time she appears distant, detached from their interactions. Even the way they interact as a couple, it feels like she's guarded. It's not that she's just a Type A personality, women have a way of behaving when they're conflicted. Hell from jump she has kept him at arm's distance and didn't want to go all in on a law practice WITH him, they just share an office.

It's not hard to see his vindictive nature. He's sloppy and impulsive and you couple that with the fact that she BET on him and he continues to let her down.

Don't overlook these microtransgressions. Being short, being on edge, being guarded, these are tell tale signs of trouble in paradise with women.

Last edited:
What jimmy did to get Irene her friends back was pretty decent. Gave up the 1 mil right? And he tried to make amends with chuck who was just a **** about it.

I'm not sure there will be a turn for his character as much as a new start post chuck (possibly Kim).

Has the show been renewed for season 4?

Honestly I couldn't really care less about what happens with Kim. They could write her off right now and I wouldn't give a ****. She might be the most uninteresting personality on the entire show.
Amen, you got that right.

I love this show, but some of the characters are almost TOO realistic. We all have a KIM in our offices no? That person who NEVER bends the rules, that person who never leaves early on Friday, and who always does the right thing. You ever think to yourself? Hmm, this person would be interesting in a TV show? Me either. 

Jimmy didn't give up his cut from the lawsuit; remember it's a finder fee for the case. Once the settlement is reached, he's paid a percentage. He was trying to expedite his payday, but his conscious got the better of him. He's still getting paid fellas.

The sacrifice by fixing what he did to Irene was he might have lost / burn the bridge with the old folks he had

Dumb move from the start should of just waited :lol:

On the Kim stuff it seem like a few things Jimmy did she wasn't ok with but after the accident it seem like he did some stuff for her to see him a positive light again

[quote name="a-friend"]It's a natural progression that someone like Kim would start to see Jimmy/Saul for the "hustle/scam/scumbag"....I just haven't see her see him that way in any shape or form...it's all been love and admiration from my POV.
It would definitely have to be a natural progression, not just something that happens suddenly. And I think some of us have interpreted certain scenes as if that natural progression were already taken place. For example, off the top of my head, when she first saw that commercial that he made. Her response at the end, it would definitely be tough to argue that that was love and admiration and he's such an amazing person and she just adores him to itty-bitty pieces. It's tough to say definitively what her thought process was, but I think me and those of us who think that that natural progression has already started to take place see her response as like "Yeah, it's... that's great. I ummm... There's something wrong with you."

And if she knew... now this is obviously an assumption... but if she knew about what he just did with that old lady, turning her friends against her... he knows he has to keep his manipulations and devious tactics away from her.[/quote]I definitely see that side of it, and how it could be interpreted that way, no doubt.
I commented how great TV was, this show was, simply because of that.....the writing, acting, is probing and pulling two completely different perspectives from viewers.
Good stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom