Better Call Saul Season Thread - Season Six - April 18th

I'm not going to tell her but my wife has been pretty spot on recently with seeing things in movies/shows before they happen and her new theory for BCS is that Kim gets hooked on drugs and that's what really leads Jimmy down that path - the line that jumped out was when he was offering her pain meds and she went straight for the "good stuff". Clearly she has an addictive/type A personality and it's not far-fetched.

Back to why BB ended early. If I remember right it was because of MadMen. They wanted to be paid the most by AMC. Well at least that's AMC's excuse in saying they couldn't pay MadMen, walking dead, and Breaking Bad. Sucks too being that BB was > imo. At least we got BCS.

I'm not going to tell her but my wife has been pretty spot on recently with seeing things in movies/shows before they happen and her new theory for BCS is that Kim gets hooked on drugs and that's what really leads Jimmy down that path - the line that jumped out was when he was offering her pain meds and she went straight for the "good stuff". Clearly she has an addictive/type A personality and it's not far-fetched.

I see where she's coming from but you gotta remember Saul's right hand man is currently in business with the biggest drug lords of the southwest...I think that's probably more logical :lol:

Back to why BB ended early. If I remember right it was because of MadMen. They wanted to be paid the most by AMC. Well at least that's AMC's excuse in saying they couldn't pay MadMen, walking dead, and Breaking Bad. Sucks too being that BB was > imo. At least we got BCS.

This was what I was alluding to. I remember reading something about The cost per episode, plus the rising cost of liscensing for BB and Walking Dead was too much of a strain for AMC and something had to go. But it could have been madmen or a combination of shows. Or I'm just misremembering all together

The way I remember it is BB didn't end early at all.

Vince wanted a 6th and final season. AMC wanted a 7th and I think 8th :lol: They settled on a 16 ep 5th season split in to 2 seasons a year a part. If Vince had it his way iirc his final season wouldnt have been a full episode order either.

The budget talks was something that went on among several shows at the time. TWD was still getting high ratings despite the **** scenery and low budget. At the time MM was AMC's star and they got the highest budget that went to actors, costume & design and w/e else. It was mentioned how TWD had a low budget in comparison. BB's budget wasn't hugely affected.

BB's final season being split in to two had nothing to do with budgets but AMC being greedy for extended amount of ratings. They've pulled that split up a final season more than once since.

BB did not get cancelled or shortened due to the budget AMC had available for them.

Last edited:
No, BB struggled the entire time. S4 closed like a series finale because they never knew if they'd get cleared for a S5. When they got greenlit to return they had to "re-send" the story so to speak.

Search the old BB thread, info should be in there.

I'm not really talking about BB struggling although I doubt that as well from s3 on. Damn near everybody by then had binged on Netflix and were caught up. Show got a whole new wave of fans.

I also do not recall anything about s4 being the series finale or potentially being one or the final season being in doubt. The main issue was how Vince wanted to end it compared to AMC wanting 2 more seasons. That's the talk I specifically recall from the BB thread.

Anyway, the budget for BB and that being why it ended early isn't the same topic as the show struggling rating wise. Its not like the show's budget decreased season by season due to ratings especially when the production only got better.

Last edited:
if kim somehow ended up on the blue stuff
eek.gif

if kim was wendy wholetime
eek.gif

He's supposedly fine though.

To soothe most worries right away, it doesn't appear that Mark Margolis suffered any life-threatening injuries during his fall. According to a representative for the 77-year-old actor, doctors had to go in and perform a "routine procedure" to relieve some minor brain swelling, according to Radar Online. It's unclear how long it will take Margolis to heal, but his health and well-being is obviously of the utmost importance here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ci...-after-falling-while-filming-better-call-saul

All he has to do is ring a bell now anyway? [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

Last edited:
http://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...-after-falling-while-filming-better-call-saul

To soothe most worries right away, it doesn't appear that Mark Margolis suffered any life-threatening injuries during his fall. According to a representative for the 77-year-old actor, doctors had to go in and perform a "routine procedure" to relieve some minor brain swelling, according to Radar Online. It's unclear how long it will take Margolis to heal, but his health and well-being is obviously of the utmost importance here.

Michael McKean was snubbed out of an Emmy nomination. SMH.

I was going to post this on Thursday, but NT went into read-only mode as I was writing my post.

Won't be back till 2018. Sheesh. Even though I'm following it, I'm going to have to binge once it's on Netflix.
Watched a few episodes of bb on amc today :pimp: still the coldest.

Just finished the last 3 episodes.

I don't understand why everyone goes straight to "Kim dies" because she's not mentioned in BB. Cant she just get a job in a different state and boom call it a day?

Why aren't people saying ignacio dies? All we do is here him by name in BB. He could be down in Mexico during that time for all we know.

I assume he's dead. Very few just get to walk away from that life.

With Kim, yes she can be alive. Main thing is to me she's not with Jimmy.

In his line of business it's not a stretch to assume he doesn't make it but Kim is a straight edge lawyer. I don't immediately jump to "she dies". Now the older brother IDK what's gonna happen to him...I kinda want to see him get better from his "condition" at least but of course they pull that move on us.

If he does he'll be ok. Looks like he is going to be doing bigger and better things with Spiderman franchise.

Yea with Kim I don't really see her being killed off. I could see them having Jimmy due something totally outlandish and wrong that completely turns Kim off. I mean she gets turned off by some of the more outlandish things he does, my guess would be he pulls a scam on either someone related to her or a person she highly respects.

Back
Top Bottom