Being Broke Unappreciation

Originally Posted by tim teufel

steven ding was the first to pm me enjoy 
pimp.gif
damn...and im the one that made the thread...I aint even mad tho...good deed bro

yo guys...
been a while since I chimed into anything non jewelry related... I read all of this and let me just say

I was broke and I mean as broke as you could be at ages 21 and at 27. completely ran out of funds and was too proud to let anyone else know.

1st time I sorta relied on my friends for meals and rides at times to save money, couldn't afford insurance on my car and didn't want to ask anyone for the money; a few months later the car was stolen. I ended up getting $2000 for the frame and bought a hooptie and later that failed on me and sold it for $1000.... I was broke for over a year.... worked my way up and started stacking, but also started to spend... I came into a real nice job, but I was dumb and stupid and I was living beyond my means and I even had a meal expense and travel/gas expense credit card.... and still in the red. once I left the corporate job, I got into credit trouble and was overwhelmed in debt. so at 27, I had to move in with my sister.... took about 4 months I think and I got my weight back up, but I gave up or lost pretty much everything I had, from a 2 bedroom apt filled with everything from tv's to real arcade game machines and tons of fancy furniture and clothes, I was left with only my records, turntables, some kicks and my clothes. sold my motorcycle and had to lease a car.

what I'm saying is my spending or my eyes were waaay bigger than my pockets. 

use the system if you can, lower gas bill/electric bill, every little helps. TRUST! 

I never looked back ever again, was never too proud to sell kicks, barter everything in my life and learn to be a master at it. trust me there were mad costco days or ramen bowl days for weeks etc.... just had to have some sort of faith (not a religious person) 

but I worked very hard to get where I am today. I never slacked off after the 1st time around becoming broke because I didn't know how to be a productive stoner or I prioritized weed over bills and necessities.

in my line of work, there aren't many jobs for untrained people. so each year I feed the poor, I have a non profit organization in seattle and I donate clothes or money when I can.

I'm sorry to hear y'all aren't doing so great. I never got really any assistance because the times I was broke, I was already a grown man and out of the house and my parents don't make jack for a living, pops made $26,000 to $30,000 a year for a career and it just was never enough to LIVE live off of. my moms had good runs, but you already know, for the last 15 years, she's made very little money, but she saved. 

what I'm ideally saying is that I've been there before a couple times and it sucked and nobody was there to help me. it worked out for me, I hope you guys pull through

peace

this is Ben Baller

btw, #NT since 2001

p.s. I'm thinking of a summit. I just don't know what yet, even if it's me taking everyone to a game and pay for the food and drinks or just pay for the all you can eat seats and some gas. I don't know. I gotta figure it out. 

yo guys...
been a while since I chimed into anything non jewelry related... I read all of this and let me just say

I was broke and I mean as broke as you could be at ages 21 and at 27. completely ran out of funds and was too proud to let anyone else know.

1st time I sorta relied on my friends for meals and rides at times to save money, couldn't afford insurance on my car and didn't want to ask anyone for the money; a few months later the car was stolen. I ended up getting $2000 for the frame and bought a hooptie and later that failed on me and sold it for $1000.... I was broke for over a year.... worked my way up and started stacking, but also started to spend... I came into a real nice job, but I was dumb and stupid and I was living beyond my means and I even had a meal expense and travel/gas expense credit card.... and still in the red. once I left the corporate job, I got into credit trouble and was overwhelmed in debt. so at 27, I had to move in with my sister.... took about 4 months I think and I got my weight back up, but I gave up or lost pretty much everything I had, from a 2 bedroom apt filled with everything from tv's to real arcade game machines and tons of fancy furniture and clothes, I was left with only my records, turntables, some kicks and my clothes. sold my motorcycle and had to lease a car.

what I'm saying is my spending or my eyes were waaay bigger than my pockets. 

use the system if you can, lower gas bill/electric bill, every little helps. TRUST! 

I never looked back ever again, was never too proud to sell kicks, barter everything in my life and learn to be a master at it. trust me there were mad costco days or ramen bowl days for weeks etc.... just had to have some sort of faith (not a religious person) 

but I worked very hard to get where I am today. I never slacked off after the 1st time around becoming broke because I didn't know how to be a productive stoner or I prioritized weed over bills and necessities.

in my line of work, there aren't many jobs for untrained people. so each year I feed the poor, I have a non profit organization in seattle and I donate clothes or money when I can.

I'm sorry to hear y'all aren't doing so great. I never got really any assistance because the times I was broke, I was already a grown man and out of the house and my parents don't make jack for a living, pops made $26,000 to $30,000 a year for a career and it just was never enough to LIVE live off of. my moms had good runs, but you already know, for the last 15 years, she's made very little money, but she saved. 

what I'm ideally saying is that I've been there before a couple times and it sucked and nobody was there to help me. it worked out for me, I hope you guys pull through

peace

this is Ben Baller

btw, #NT since 2001

p.s. I'm thinking of a summit. I just don't know what yet, even if it's me taking everyone to a game and pay for the food and drinks or just pay for the all you can eat seats and some gas. I don't know. I gotta figure it out. 

im stretching for cash too. im about to be out of school for the summer tho and really wanna get my weight up. time to take life to the next level, ya know.
Anybody know of any licks in ATL, lemme know.

^ nice post from Ben Baller too.

im stretching for cash too. im about to be out of school for the summer tho and really wanna get my weight up. time to take life to the next level, ya know.
Anybody know of any licks in ATL, lemme know.

^ nice post from Ben Baller too.

Man, i always say I'm never going to go broke. but always end up going back.

Saving is honestly the best thing to do, but when you get a hold of that money all you want to do is spend it.

Right now I'm okay, but I started doing this plan that for every dollar I spend, that same amount will go into my savings

that way later on when I always say "if i hadn't spent that much i woulda had this much" I can actually have that much.

Saving is honestly the best thing to do, but when you get a hold of that money all you want to do is spend it.

Right now I'm okay, but I started doing this plan that for every dollar I spend, that same amount will go into my savings

that way later on when I always say "if i hadn't spent that much i woulda had this much" I can actually have that much.

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

I like this, things you want are gonna seem more expensive when you think like this too, cuz everything costs double

Originally Posted by Clevereddie

I like this, things you want are gonna seem more expensive when you think like this too, cuz everything costs double

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

pimp.gif
damn...and im the one that made the thread...I aint even mad tho...good deed bro

If you really need it, give me your paypal and I'll give you 20

pimp.gif

BenI have clowned on you a bit, but that's a real post
pimp.gif

PHONE CHECK HOMEY wrote:

completely ran out of funds and was too proud to let anyoneelse know.

Thisright here is me, I mean I have family that can help me out, but I feel like asucka having to borrow money. Plus thinking of all the hard ships my parentshave had to go through back home, and coming over here with only $100 with meand my brothers. They did whatever jobs they could get even though they werewell over qualified (3 Degrees between them) just to make sure me and my brothershad something to eat. They made it, so I know I just gotta keep on pushing and things will get better.

pimp.gif

PHONE CHECK HOMEY wrote:

Thisright here is me, I mean I have family that can help me out, but I feel like asucka having to borrow money. Plus thinking of all the hard ships my parentshave had to go through back home, and coming over here with only $100 with meand my brothers. They did whatever jobs they could get even though they werewell over qualified (3 Degrees between them) just to make sure me and my brothershad something to eat. They made it, so I know I just gotta keep on pushing and things will get better.

Originally Posted by TripleXL Vol 2

pimp.gif

PHONE CHECK HOMEY wrote:

to be fair though, that was when America was land of opportunity not a poor opportunity

pimp.gif

PHONE CHECK HOMEY wrote:

to be fair though, that was when America was land of opportunity not a poor opportunity

Originally Posted by triplekrown

pimp.gif

PHONE CHECK HOMEY wrote:

so damn true. the world is a totally different place now. I have enough to buy a house cash, but can't get a loan for 1/10th of my savings. too many people _raped_ the country and I just watched that movie "INSIDE JOB"
my key was this, and this is hard to do when you are swimming in debt. but once I seen my 1st real paper, I put away 80% of any profit I made. only spent what I had left, some exceptions were made, but that's how I am now.

who the hell would ever think I would buy a prius? I'm not ashamed at all. just filled up the car for the first time and it was $34 and I got 500 miles to the full tank.

meanwhile, the gas on my v12 is $98 and I get like 175 miles to a full tank if I'm lucky.

all the unnecessary toys are gone, anything in my crib that I got other than things I actually use like the TV or nice furniture now is worth something. I know for sure I can sell my art or collectibles.... but kix are totally worthless to me, so damn weird since I'm on NT and probably had the biggest collection on here, but everyone says I got out when it was good. 

I'm very lucky to not have to buy clothes almost ever and shoes even and on top of that, get a check for wearing the gear/kicks.....

even that money goes away for whatever. I've become a miser with fears of becoming broke again.

my mentor told me, I didn't get rich by giving my money away. but I do help and he's the guy who showed me where to feed the homeless on skid row and I'm telling you. it sucks, but I promise you, you have it better than these folks I see on a regular driving to work.

when I drive from Beverly Hills all thru the worst parts of LA, it's a wake up call daily.

you have internet and a cpu, these peeps have whats on them or whats inside a refrigerator box

Originally Posted by triplekrown

pimp.gif

PHONE CHECK HOMEY wrote:

so damn true. the world is a totally different place now. I have enough to buy a house cash, but can't get a loan for 1/10th of my savings. too many people _raped_ the country and I just watched that movie "INSIDE JOB"
my key was this, and this is hard to do when you are swimming in debt. but once I seen my 1st real paper, I put away 80% of any profit I made. only spent what I had left, some exceptions were made, but that's how I am now.

who the hell would ever think I would buy a prius? I'm not ashamed at all. just filled up the car for the first time and it was $34 and I got 500 miles to the full tank.

meanwhile, the gas on my v12 is $98 and I get like 175 miles to a full tank if I'm lucky.

all the unnecessary toys are gone, anything in my crib that I got other than things I actually use like the TV or nice furniture now is worth something. I know for sure I can sell my art or collectibles.... but kix are totally worthless to me, so damn weird since I'm on NT and probably had the biggest collection on here, but everyone says I got out when it was good. 

I'm very lucky to not have to buy clothes almost ever and shoes even and on top of that, get a check for wearing the gear/kicks.....

even that money goes away for whatever. I've become a miser with fears of becoming broke again.

my mentor told me, I didn't get rich by giving my money away. but I do help and he's the guy who showed me where to feed the homeless on skid row and I'm telling you. it sucks, but I promise you, you have it better than these folks I see on a regular driving to work.

when I drive from Beverly Hills all thru the worst parts of LA, it's a wake up call daily.

you have internet and a cpu, these peeps have whats on them or whats inside a refrigerator box

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

pimp.gif

Dang NT really looking out...im good tho man...triplekrown just hit me with 20 and I aint trying to just be taking peoples money like that...but I really do appreciate the offer

Back
Top Bottom