Basketball Thread About Nothing

I’ve seen this cat in person, he’s trash just get in his head and you got him off his game.

#NTExtremes

With the season he had in the Big 3 there is no objective way anyone can call him trash.

Why are we doing this?

#NTExtremes

With the season he had in the Big 3 there is no objective way anyone can call him trash.

Why are we doing this?
What you saw is glitz and glamor in the big 3, when I see him hoop in root square park in Houston man’s couldn’t do much of anything. He probably has gotten better.

oh he moving!

I use to do runs and play with some guys in their 60s and one was in his 70s, I think he stopped playing around 72ish after he needed his hip replaced.

They were sneaky quick when they wanted to be and could shoot lights out. They must have been very athletic when they were younger. And here I’m 37 and don’t even want to play ball anymore because of my knees 😭. Life ain’t fair.

I use to do runs and play with some guys in their 60s and one was in his 70s, I think he stopped playing around 72ish after he needed his hip replaced.

They were sneaky quick when they wanted to be and could shoot lights out. They must have been very athletic when they were younger. And here I’m 37 and don’t even want to play ball anymore because of my knees 😭. Life ain’t fair.

it sholl ain’t 🤣! some get lucky but also it’s easier if your never stop playing (definitely have to be smart about your limitations tho 😮‍💨) what happened to your knees tho?

it sholl ain’t 🤣! some get lucky but also it’s easier if your never stop playing (definitely have to be smart about your limitations tho 😮‍💨) what happened to your knees tho?

Degenerative knee ligaments since I was 21. It really got bad around 28 and had to stop playing because of how unfun the game became plus i was working full time plus grad school so i sort of fell out of it. As Chuck went “you know it’s time to retire when the guy you’d give 40 to is now giving you 30” 😭

Before Covid I did play in a work league tho and did some other runs and I actually played fine for what i was. Was shooting lights out certain days but the lack of first step or the ability to jump just made it frustrating.

Part of me wants to continue playing with my knees feeling a little better now but again the lack of those things makes it frustrating. I guess I can’t accept Father Time.

Alright curious if y’all have any thoughts on this 😆

My only thing is we know you can’t shoot it and get it (air ball, nba rules). The question is what is considered a shot…. Obviously they’re saying that’s not a shot…
But I can’t “shoot” a 3 pt’er that floats 5 feet in front of me and go get it and continue my dribble so what’s the difference between that and this? And hypothetically say my pivot didn’t leave the ground if that matters.

Also I’m not really sure this “new pump fake” has any actual new advantage

Alright curious if y’all have any thoughts on this 😆

My only thing is we know you can’t shoot it and get it (air ball, nba rules). The question is what is considered a shot…. Obviously they’re saying that’s not a shot…
But I can’t “shoot” a 3 pt’er that floats 5 feet in front of me and go get it and continue my dribble so what’s the difference between that and this? And hypothetically say my pivot didn’t leave the ground if that matters.

Also I’m not really sure this “new pump fake” has any actual new advantage

no real advantage, just an embellishment of the catch-pump-go…there’s literally no difference but because it looks different/weird w/going directly out of the shot flick people call shenanigans 😂 rather than deeping the inherent rudimentary concept

the only difference in an actual shot attempt and starting the dribble with the same sort of high far lob out i guess would be the perception of the ref but technically it shouldn’t make difference, in high school you can ‘rebound’ your own shot which is more inline with the dribble rule

no real advantage, just an embellishment of the catch-pump-go…there’s literally no difference but because it looks different/weird w/going directly out of the shot flick people call shenanigans 😂 rather than deeping the inherent rudimentary concept

the only difference in an actual shot attempt and starting the dribble with the same sort of high far lob out i guess would be the perception of the ref but technically it shouldn’t make difference, in high school you can ‘rebound’ your own shot which is more inline with the dribble rule
I think for “pick up” generally people want to follow nba rules aka no catching an air ball

😆
When your teammate makes a weak ahh call but u gotta walk with him so u can get that W lol

Also blatant carrying to gain no advantage is crazy lol

🤣🤣🤣 strength of personality carried (😏) that call because that was most certainly a weak call…

🤣🤣🤣 strength of personality carried (😏) that call because that was most certainly a weak call…
Lol I ain’t mad at it

But yea there’s always that one dude that will never not get his call. Will just get louder until the other team gives in.

Til he meets the other guy who also never loses a call smh. I seen 2 dudes like this literally argue for 45 mins. Typa cats that when they walk in the gym, u see folks go straight to the weight room

Back
Top Bottom