Bars making rules to not allow black ppl in unappreciation

Dudes in here sound like they wear tuxedos to buffalo wild wings.

A lot of 'em do. These are cats who put on a full suit with some nice shoes to go to a college lecture. :rofl: Constantly takin' pics of themselves in fits to post online for other men to critique. Takin' more time getting ready than a female. :lol:

Well, I emailed the local newspaper on Sunday about my issues and they just got back with me saying that I definitely have a story. Getting the ball rolling..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never understood that dressing better thread.

Personally, that thread is appreciated for posting sales and specials going on.
However, some dudes just don't know when to turn it off.
There's nothing wrong with wearing basketball shorts and being comfortable.
I wear basketball shorts to bars all the time.

This whole shorts to bars biz sounds crazy. In SF, it's just never that hot where you can see this. You always have to come correct......with a zip up hoody or something.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Never understood that dressing better thread.

It's all good, those dudes can dress however they want, but it is always someone from that thread who comes around talking about wearing ballin shorts is wrong, or sneakers are for kids, or clothes somehow automatically turn someone into an adult. Lotta posters over there spend their whole paychecks on outfits, but wanna' come around calling people immature for wearing shorts and tee shirts.

This whole shorts to bars biz sounds crazy. In SF, it's just never that hot where you can see this. You always have to come correct......with a zip up hoody or something.

No fitteds, tees or shorts allowed in bars in SF? I know that virtually all clubs abide by these rules, but strip clubs and bars should let people wear whatever they want.

Agree with all of this. Just something about Nters taking selfies for other dudes to co-sign seems super goofy to me.

It's very annoying...

Its a ******g dive/college bar for christ sakes and you're making it seem as if you're doing me some sort of favor by "allowing" me in with cargo shorts on.

The no fitted thing although annoying I can deal with.. except for when I go inside and see white dudes with hats on.. **** is disgusting :smh:

I am CRYING at them asking dude for 4 pieces of I.D :lol:

Last edited:
Oh the struggle is real. I can't go anywhere on Washington ave in Houston. One of the bouncers turned my down for wearing sneakers then tells me, "straight up, you're going to have a hard time getting in anywhere with dreads..."

Eff it, can't have any fun with a bunch of cowards anyway..
That's why I don't uck with Washington ave like that
Pretty much go to grand prize bar, mongoose vs. cobra, or Leon's lounge or just go to the village( ginger mans,Woodrow's, or go bar hopping down the strip on westheimer were buffalo exchange is) haven't been clubbing in years
Austin you really don't have to worry about this because you are usually one of five black guys in the bar anyway lol
Same for the bay
I used to get angry but now it's whatever
It's a white mans world "kanye shrug"

Happened to my boy one night here in Pittsburgh, he had a long sleeve button up on, length was decent, not too long, not too short. Bouncer told him his shirt was too long and he couldn't get in even if he tucked it in.

It's very annoying...

Its a ******g dive/college bar for christ sakes and you're making it seem as if you're doing me some sort of favor by "allowing" me in with cargo shorts on.

The no fitted thing although annoying I can deal with.. except for when I go inside and see white dudes with hats on.. **** is disgusting :smh:

basically, people out here don't realize how the NorthEast is.

it's PACKED, every bar is a private business trying to separate themselves by being more elite than the last one.
and if you don't play their game you're stuck to these ghetto bars with toothless broads.

it's not like out in the sticks where you only have chain restaurants with no dress codes.

It's very annoying...

nah no fitted = i aint supporting em. just like that time we wanted to play beer pong I said this spot is trash im not holding my fitted the whole night and we bounced to a better establishment.

nah no fitted = i aint supporting em. just like that time we wanted to play beer pong I said this spot is trash im not holding my fitted the whole night and we bounced to a better establishment.

Can't blame you one bit at all. If I'm going to spend my hard earned money at in establishment I'm not going to inconvience myself to cater to douchebag bouncers nitpicking off of any little thing. Granted the place will get other people's money and business but as long as it doesn't get support from me then I'm content.

If I know a spot is upscale, and has a strictly enforced dresscode beforehand then I know what I'm dealing with and have no problem dressing accordingly.

If some middle of the pack bar wants to pretend its something its not and nitpick on stupid trivial stuff while picking and choosing who they nitpick on this stuff with then ill just go somewhere else.

Yes I may have wanted to go to that place originally but the impression their nitpicking would leave on me would make me never want to support that establishment again.

A lot of 'em do. These are cats who put on a full suit with some nice shoes to go to a college lecture. :rofl: Constantly takin' pics of themselves in fits to post online for other men to critique. Takin' more time getting ready than a female. :lol:

Lolll

pretty much.

its like the thread about where applebees turns into a club at night :lol:

where does that happen? in the boonies.

up here in civilization you have 2-3 bars per block.

everything needs its niche and clientele

Lol true also

laugh.gif
The hell?

I mean, what are you going to do? It sucks, but just find another/better place.

What town did this happen in?
Kalamazoo, Mi
fellow Michigander, waddup?

this is some bull, in all seriousness i dont dress urban in any way when i go out so if this ever happened to me im choppin heads

It's all good, those dudes can dress however they want, but it is always someone from that thread who comes around talking about wearing ballin shorts is wrong, or sneakers are for kids, or clothes somehow automatically turn someone into an adult.

You've been attacking straw men this entire thread. No one is saying it's wrong to wear any of that stuff. My point was that if you go out to a dining establishment/bar/lounge/club, you should consider dressing more formally (and I use that term loosely). If you really can't find any piece of apparel that you find comfortable enough to wear out that's not basketball shorts and flip flops, then I can't really argue with that. There are no rules in society that say that you can't or shouldn't wear what you want to, but when you're out in a place where one's dress affects or contributes to an ambiance, then I would generally not like to be the dude who ruins it.

If I'm rolling to McDonald's, a dive bar, the laundromat, grocery shopping, to the gym, then obviously I'll wear whatever. If I'm going out to any place where there's even some expectation of formality, then I try put in a little bit of effort (and this doesn't mean wearing a tuxedo or a suit). It literally usually means I will put on a pair shorts with pockets that fit or pants. If you think you're doing it big by rocking sweats and gym shorts and flip flops out to restaurants and to lounges and that you're the man because you're comfortable and no establishment can ever tell you what to do or whatever, then do you

Also, real talk, just put on a goddamn pair of pants, you'll have pockets and stuff for your keys and your wallet and cell phone and stuff.

Last edited:
Can't blame you one bit at all. If I'm going to spend my hard earned money at in establishment I'm not going to inconvience myself to cater to douchebag bouncers nitpicking off of any little thing. Granted the place will get other people's money and business but as long as it doesn't get support from me then I'm content.

If I know a spot is upscale, and has a strictly enforced dresscode beforehand then I know what I'm dealing with and have no problem dressing accordingly.

If some middle of the pack bar wants to pretend its something its not and nitpick on stupid trivial stuff while picking and choosing who they nitpick on this stuff with then ill just go somewhere else.

Yes I may have wanted to go to that place originally but the impression their nitpicking would leave on me would make me never want to support that establishment again.

exactly, this was a college dive bar near West 4th, Wicked Willies. People are playing beer pong in there for god's sake and they were making me hold my fitted in there :rofl:

I already said that people should know better than to roll up to a club in some shorts and a fitted. Your super slim suit and penny loafers still don't automatically make you an adult. I don't care if you wanna' dress like an extra from The Great Gatsby, why do you care if someone else wants to rock some ballin' shorts and a tee shirt? Plenty of grown millionaires walk around in ballin shorts and tees, while a lot of broke kids who live with their mom spend their entire paycheck on outfits walk around with tight highwater jeans and button up shirts with bowties. Clothes don't make the man. If we left it up to some you guys, all the clubs would be lookin' like this:

View media item 442886

Who is "us guys"? I don't know why you keep reinforcing your imaginary binary of dudes who wear shorts and tees versus people who own suits? Do you not own a well-fitting suit or a pair of nice shoes?

Plenty of millionaires also don't walk around in "ballin shorts and tees." What does one's wealth have to do with anything? I also just explicitly said that I think it's fine to walk around wearing whatever you want if you're just chilling or running errands and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom