Bars making rules to not allow black ppl in unappreciation

this sort of happens around my way in Long Island.

Hofstra University is located in a black+hispanic/hood neighborhood. There's a strip of a bunch of college bars and one of the doormen once straight up said the reason all the bars ask for college IDs along with your license is because they want to keep black people and dudes from the neighborhood out.

personally, i don't think its racist to make the bar for students only, but if the dudes saying it's to keep black people out then its pretty sketchy.

Wow. After all of the messages and things that I posted on there fb wall and twitter anf the email responses where they just blew me off, now they wanna messages me on fb and schedule a sit down with me. The day after the paper contacts me about the incident. Coincidence??

I don't understand people sometimes. If a place I'm trying to spend money at doesn't want my money I'm not going to TRY to get them to take my money, I'm going to keep it moving and go somewhere that treats me like a patron and appreciates my business. Like if I'm in Nordstrom and get ignored by the sales rep I'm not going to cry about it I'm going to keep it pushing and cop my clothes from Neiman. You need to get a life. No adult (assuming you're 21) should be spending this much time crying he didn't get into a bar

I'm not trying to get back in to the bar. I already explained that. I'm trying to expose their bigotry. Maybe once your not allowed in to somewhere based off your skin color you would understand. It's just something that I'm tired of just ignoring. It's crazy how some of the people in this thread are trying to justify this. I wish some of y'all could spend a day as a minority.

They don't care because it doesn't affect them, or because the race card is pulled around here frequently for no reason, and they don't believe you. After hearing your story, I don't think that you are pulling the race card, it seems like you have a legitimate complaint. Put 'em on blast for it and let other people know not to spend their money there.

Thanks man. I really appreciate someone actually reading the thread and not judging. Props

Happened to my girlfriend last night. She had a t shirt like many girls wear and some designer's leggings. The bouncer told her and her friend (who was wearing a dress no where near slutty) that they have a strict dress code but wouldn't disclose what the problem was even after being asked. Then a cop nearby came over and backed up the bouncer by saying "he said no. So just leave " :lol:

They then went to a bar around the corner and apparently another cop (white) told them he thinks they may be racist.

My girl and her friend are black btw. The 1st cop, bouncer and the 2nd cop were all white.

I don't usually pull the race card but in Northern Kentucky there is indeed racism. Its not a huge issue but spotty. Especially considering they were letting girls in with booty shorts and anything else you can think of. What can you do, you know. Just go somewhere else.

A bar NOT letting a female in?

Jags_fan.gif

i have NEVER heard of any female getting rejected from a bar or club. that's like 90% of the reason dudes go to clubs in the first place, aka they bring in the business.

Went to a bar this winter and they didn't let me and my boy in because we had on Timbs. It was cold and rainy. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom