Bachelor Pad.

Yea i definitely feel what you people are saying but for what I'm paying in NY, I don't care to dump a few hundred on floor to make me happy

I went to Home Depot, vinyl sheets would probably run me no more than $200 for where I need it... Well worth it

Its really the only thing bothering me
You're right in this case after reading it. Kind of like paint.

You're right in this case after reading it. Kind of like paint.

Yea exactly, its the only thing I have to do... They just painted the whole apartment also so I dont have to worry about that

The whole apartment is 392 sq ft, at least 300 sq ft needs the new flooring... I found the wood floors for $1.19/sq ft... So it comes out to about $357

They just said yesterday that they would pay half plus her husband will install it :pimp: :pimp:

Win for me

Yeah, I mean people are mostly right, it's not wise to invest in a rental, but if it'll come out to less than 200 bucks and it'll make you happy in the apartment, then go for it. 

It's not a large amount of money or any labor involved for you, so not the end of the world.

A little progress pic... Hopefully today we'll be done with the floor

Thanks grizzlyboy grizzlyboy

Finally done with all the open space... Not that bad, took 2 days between 3 of us(of course not working it straight) :lol:

Today, we're doing the kitchen and hopefully the moldings... Almost done!

shipping container homes are awesome but they are harder to get zoning approval for...id love to live in one but most of them are used as "cabins" type out in woods

Brookland section of DC has a few container apartments that opened up within the last year, but the neighbors weren't necessarily thrilled, I'm a fan though, but i don't like the shutters/doors on the edge...
what the rent look like?

Any ideas where to buy a nice contemporary sofa for around $1000? Something similar to West Elm
I purchased my West Elm sofa on Craigslist for $500. I would stay away from Ikea if you can afford to. I also think CB2 has some dope stuff.

Anything yall can think of to snazz up the wall besides painting it? I hate my walls but I don't want to paint.

Also been looking at some DIY projects to spice up the spot. I'm getting all new furniture for the pad (moved from VA to GA) so I wanna do some cool man **** to feel good about myself :lol: :pimp:

Anything yall can think of to snazz up the wall besides painting it? I hate my walls but I don't want to paint.

Also been looking at some DIY projects to spice up the spot. I'm getting all new furniture for the pad (moved from VA to GA) so I wanna do some cool man **** to feel good about myself :lol: :pimp:
Get some nice frames and hang some photos/art

I plan on that but I was looking on Pinterest and saw where some had gotten like some kind of tape and put patterns on their wall. Thought about doing something like that and wondered if anyone had ever done something similar.

^I agree. Wife and I bought a sofa from there and it was very uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom