Bachelor Pad.

My ikea bedframes have done me well over the years and I recommend them to everyone if they see a style they like. Your mattress can be bought from somewhere else.

They're fabric couch selections aren't that great. The backs aren't high enough for me and offer no support. They felt like I was sitting in a lecture hall or something.

My ikea bedframes have done me well over the years and I recommend them to everyone if they see a style they like. Your mattress can be bought from somewhere else.

They're fabric couch selections aren't that great. The backs aren't high enough for me and offer no support. They felt like I was sitting in a lecture hall or something.
good to hear. i'm picking up an ikea bed frame in the near future.

With ikea bed frames, they're likely not an investment in your future.. especially if you get a cheaper set.

I found a set that felt solid enough and for the price... if I get 3-4 years out of it I'm thrilled and it was a good value. The frame, a dresser, and nightstand cost me less than 300 total.

I don't have an Ikea mattress but it still fits and feels good. My next frame and mattress will be one I hope to have for many years, so I'll spend the money on a great frame and improved mattress, but some are solid enough.

Couches, on the other hand, really don't feel great from Ikea. There's a few that aren't bad, but I don't think I've found one of their fabric sofas that I've liked.

I have a casper, not sure if I could recommend it though.

It's kinda too soft

Just got a temporary twin size bed... Now I need the frame, was browsing Ikea and the cheapest is like $175

Didnt think it was going to cost me that much for a twin size frame

Anyone have an alternative? Just looking for something simple but at the same time I dont want those metal frames :lol:

I used an ikea bed frame for about 7 or 8 years, which includes moving across multiple states, without issue. For less than $200 I'd say I got my money's worth.

Just got a temporary twin size bed... Now I need the frame, was browsing Ikea and the cheapest is like $175

Didnt think it was going to cost me that much for a twin size frame

Anyone have an alternative? Just looking for something simple but at the same time I dont want those metal frames
laugh.gif
Try Overstock.com http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Beds/Twin,/size,/2013/subcat.html

what mattresses do you guys have? 

was thinking of getting a latex foam mattress
I bought a Sterns & Foster Luxury Firm mattress it is a hybrid spring and memory foam, felt great in store I will have to update how it is after a month of use.

Have a Beauty Rest mattress for my guest room and I don't like it at all have only had it for 8 months

Last edited:
Anybody own one of those Tuft & Needle mattresses? Probably going to be getting a new one in the next 12-18 months and that price point is enticing.

Just got put on to the rubber mats for the bathtub :wow: can't believe I never experienced this before :smh:

If you don't clean them sure. When you clean your tub/shower, throw the mat and the shower curtains in the washer.

sick.gif
 I'd prefer to not put shower liners and bath tub mats in my washer. I clean those items by hand, I don't use the mats anymore.

Took me 28 years (age when I bought my first house) and a brand new tub to take a shower without a mat.

I gotta a weird disorder or something. Hate water on my feet but knowing it was new and only mine to shower in made it easier.

Till this day, I get grossed out when people walk in puddles of pool water. Barf

Took me 28 years (age when I bought my first house) and a brand new tub to take a shower without a mat.

I gotta a weird disorder or something. Hate water on my feet but knowing it was new and only mine to shower in made it easier.

Till this day, I get grossed out when people walk in puddles of pool water. Barf
I feel the same way about people who walk around barefoot in gym locker rooms/saunas/showers... putrid

I feel the same way about people who walk around barefoot in gym locker rooms/saunas/showers... putrid

Yo I will never understand how people do that so comfortably. So cringeworthy.

The guy handling my one year walk through is a joke and he bout to get these hands. So I rode around my neighborhood yesterday and noticed every house has rain shutters except ours. So when it rains it's causing damage to the foundation in front of the house. Last time I saw him he tried to recommend something "i" can buy to stop it. :stoneface:

So this fool emails my girl yesterday asking her to close out the 1 year warranty order. Doesn't have the balls to email me.

So he's pretty much ducking me. I swear these people are jokes. The way houses are built today is sad. Nobody takes pride in their work. They hire millions of individual contractors to do every job on one house. Making this process so unorganized.

Quick question: Are studios easy to do up? I don't want to pay 1800 for a 1 bedroom out here but I want that separate room type vibe. I'll be having people over quite often who will crash after the bars and want my own sleeping space.

Back
Top Bottom