Bachelor Pad.

laugh.gif

What did you have in mind then?

I'm not a fan of the curtains, but a room divider or bookshelf or entertainment unit could provide you with that separation you want.

I think I'm going to just have to bite the bullet and pay more. I imagine I'll be having people over most weekends I'm in town and girls will be over quite a bit lol.

Yeah, if that's the case you need  that privacy of a real bedroom.

I could get away with a studio if I had too, but if you will have multiple people all crashing there and you want your privacy with women, nothing will beat an actual room with walls 
laugh.gif

Yeah, if that's the case you need that privacy of a real bedroom.

I could get away with a studio if I had too, but if you will have multiple people all crashing there and you want your privacy with women, nothing will beat an actual room with walls :lol:

Yeah I'm moving to Santa Monica and 1 bedrooms start at 1650ish whereas nice studios are 11-12.

Most my boys live in OC which is about 45 mins w/o traffic so they will be crashing. Presame, bars and then girls back to crib wouldn't work with a studio. :evil:

Yeah I'm moving to Santa Monica and 1 bedrooms start at 1650ish whereas nice studios are 11-12.

Most my boys live in OC which is about 45 mins w/o traffic so they will be crashing. Presame, bars and then girls back to crib wouldn't work with a studio.
devil.gif
How often are your buddies realistically going to be staying over?

I ask because you could do a lot with that extra ~$500/month and it's not like they'll be crashing every night. Of course it all depends on the layout of the studio(s) vs. the one bedrooms, but having lived in a couple studios before I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for the right spot/price.

My boys can deal with it if I'm smashing
laugh.gif
 only problem for me is that I have entirely too much stuff for most studios now.

I ask because you could do a lot with that extra ~$500/month and it's not like they'll be crashing every night.
Take this into strong consideration. You're paying an extra 6k a year so that other people can freeload. I know they are your "boys" but I'm sure they'll manage if they had tp stay over.

Best advice I received regarding getting a place is to not account for visitors when deciding on a spot. You are paying that premium even when they aren't there, and its not like they are helping you pay it.

A 1 bed apartment is huge step up from a studio. it depends on included amenities, like a lot of these studios I've seen see don't really have kitchens, small bathroom sink & 2 ft of counter space, no space for a stove... it's ridiculous, maybe even have to use a mini fridge? that's gotta be difficult if you store meat, fruit, drinks, frozen food etc. there's also street parking vs. private parking which is a pretty big deal in West LA.

I think it will depend on the person & the features they need from an apartment/studio.

Took me 28 years (age when I bought my first house) and a brand new tub to take a shower without a mat.

I gotta a weird disorder or something. Hate water on my feet but knowing it was new and only mine to shower in made it easier.

Till this day, I get grossed out when people walk in puddles of pool water. Barf
I cannot stand this. The main reason why I won't go to a water park. So gross.

I ask because you could do a lot with that extra ~$500/month and it's not like they'll be crashing every night. Of course it all depends on the layout of the studio(s) vs. the one bedrooms, but having lived in a couple studios before I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for the right spot/price.

My boys can deal with it if I'm smashing :lol:  only problem for me is that I have entirely too much stuff for most studios now.

I realized I'm going to be gone almost every damn weekend until November! Honestly trying to have a roomie since a studio would come out the same as a 2 bedroom with a roomie.

Take this into strong consideration. You're paying an extra 6k a year so that other people can freeload. I know they are your "boys" but I'm sure they'll manage if they had tp stay over.

Best advice I received regarding getting a place is to not account for visitors when deciding on a spot. You are paying that premium even when they aren't there, and its not like they are helping you pay it.

Well they aren't "freeloading". Isn't like they are staying over during the week, only on the weekends when we go out and they can't drive home.

A 1 bed apartment is huge step up from a studio. it depends on included amenities, like a lot of these studios I've seen see don't really have kitchens, small bathroom sink & 2 ft of counter space, no space for a stove... it's ridiculous, maybe even have to use a mini fridge? that's gotta be difficult if you store meat, fruit, drinks, frozen food etc. there's also street parking vs. private parking which is a pretty big deal in West LA.

I think it will depend on the person & the features they need from an apartment/studio.

You know how expensive LA is bro lol. Studio seems to small but I just have to figure it out.

I do love that style of chaise sectional, but not that exact fabric/color. Some of the other styles and colors look a little better to me.

You know how expensive LA is bro lol. Studio seems to small but I just have to figure it out.

If your having guests over 2-3 weekends, get the 1 bed, then ask each guest to pay $20 to sleep over. mitigates the cost and it's fair.

I like the MCM style, but I'm not a fan of how puny the arms look on that specific couch. I can't really put my finger on it beyond that, but it just doesn't look right to me.
If your having guests over 2-3 weekends, get the 1 bed, then ask each guest to pay $20 to sleep over. mitigates the cost and it's fair.
laugh.gif
 C'mon man... Who seriously asks their boys to pay a cover to crash at their place?

Bought a bed frame from Walmart... My lord was this thing horrible

Thought things didn't get cheaper than Ikea :lol:

For $95 though, if it last me 1-2 years I'm good :pimp:

Last edited:
Do y'all seriously ask your good friends to pay money whenever they crash at your place because they're too drunk to drive home? :rofl:

I can just imagine what that sounds like when y'all get out the cab at your place :lol:

Last edited:
Do y'all seriously ask your good friends to pay money whenever they crash at your place because they're too drunk to drive home?
roll.gif

I can just imagine what that sounds like when y'all get out the cab at your place
laugh.gif
smh... people like this exist?

I would never be crew with anyone who did this. 

Back
Top Bottom