Bachelor Pad.

da hell is that?
nerd.gif
the future in home heating & cooling, it learns what temp you like your house & i think you can control it through wifi, amazing stuff really.

You would need something more than just a pair of air conditioners to set that up tho....or nah?...I can't see how that little thing would control my ACs and my heater in the winter...lol

How difficult was that to install? Also I'm curious to see how it effects your utilities bill

It took me less than 10 minutes with a power drill.

You would need something more than just a pair of air conditioners to set that up tho....or nah?...I can't see how that little thing would control my ACs and my heater in the winter...lol

I don't have AC :\ I wouldn't know.

But i control the joint from my phone.

Installed my Nest today.

15zp7ib.jpg
I got the Ecobee3 on Friday, but ran into a problem with installing it. I have a common wire in the wall, but it's not hooked up to anything at the furnace. Gotta get somebody out to get that hooked up...my furnace doesn't appear to be as straightforward as most, and there isn't a lot of room to see what all the wires are hooked up to and where they go.

I got the Ecobee3 on Friday, but ran into a problem with installing it. I have a common wire in the wall, but it's not hooked up to anything at the furnace. Gotta get somebody out to get that hooked up...my furnace doesn't appear to be as straightforward as most, and there isn't a lot of room to see what all the wires are hooked up to and where they go.

At some point i need to get my house re wired.

They quoted me at $10,000 :x

At some point i need to get my house re wired.

They quoted me at $10,000 :x
Jesus man, that's insane. Seems like you could get a complete re-wire to the thermostat plus a new furnace and AC unit for that much. Granted, where I'm at we have central AC and heat...not sure about wherever you're at. I'm sure it gets a little more expensive if the units aren't centralized like mine are. I have a pretty good idea of what I need done to make mine work, just don't trust myself enough yet to make it happen (especially with this furnace since I can't clearly see where the wires are connected). Last thing I want to do is short out some wires and have to pay to get things redone.

I'm gonna be on the road for about 15 straight weeks though...unfortunately all of these wifi enabled thermostats seem to need a C wire to operate properly. I want to be able to operate my thermostat remotely, so I guess that's an expense I'm going to have to take on at some point.

Studio apartment NT'ers what ya doing about where you sleep?

Got an actual bed, sleeper sofa, futon?

Any places you guys would recommend?

Studio apartment NT'ers what ya doing about where you sleep?

Got an actual bed, sleeper sofa, futon?

Any places you guys would recommend?
I do a sleeper sofa and I love it.

I also do a room divider to turn it into a 1 bedroom 
laugh.gif

Both purchased from Ikea. Unless you own your place I swear by Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20262369/

Mattress quality is decent, but I am not a light/picky sleeper

I tried doing the mattress and sofa thing separate and it soaked up way too much room...That look when you bring a girl over and she like I wish you had a bed, and you tell her hold up 
pimp.gif

Please let me know if you have any other questions/suggestions. I love studio life.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom