Bachelor Pad.

What's up bros, in the process of buying my first house right now :pimp: In here for the inspiration, I'll have 3 bed/1.5 bath all to myself but I love seeing what some of you guys are able to do with 1 or 2 rooms. I'll be sure to contribute pics when the time is right as well.

What's up bros, in the process of buying my first house right now :pimp: In here for the inspiration, I'll have 3 bed/1.5 bath all to myself but I love seeing what some of you guys are able to do with 1 or 2 rooms. I'll be sure to contribute pics when the time is right as well.

Congrats bro. Share some pics of it so we can check out the new digs.

Last edited:
I will once I take possession and have it set up a bit. For now im just gonna soak in the past 50 pages for inspiration.

I will once I take possession and have it set up a bit. For now im just gonna soak in the past 50 pages for inspiration.
Take it one room at a time. Buy quality over quantity and TAKE YOUR TIME! Sell your old stuff on craigslist and put it towards the good stuff.

i thought we were all sleeping in bed together? :nerd:
hahaha. Oh and you wouldn't believe the deal I got on a Walton Sofa from West Elm. $500 from Craigslist. Lady said it wasn't her style anymore. Brand new.

Been in the new spot for about 4 months now. 3 bedroom townhouse upstairs and downstairs. It's a process of everything coming together. Hey how the hell do yall maintain your hardwood floors? It's kicking my ***. Going to do the wall with the kid painting with a dark olive accent color this weekend.

Last edited:
Moving to an apartment building that just opened in December 2014. 613 sq ft 1 bedroom in the downtown Dallas area. $1150 a month. 5 minute walk to the train. 5 minute drive from Uptown, KW Park..apartment had never been occupied since it just opened.

It has a dog park, dog grooming station, hair salon, bar, huge gym, yoga studio, art room, etc..

Decided to go with new furniture..Nebraska Furniture Mart :pimp:

Flourish

:pimp:

I copped from savvy shopper direct. Great prices and variety

Two big pictures, a couch and coffee table for 700 shipped...

Been in the new spot for about 4 months now. 3 bedroom townhouse upstairs and downstairs. It's a process of everything coming together. Hey how the hell do yall maintain your hardwood floors? It's kicking my ***. Going to do the wall with the kid painting with a dark olive accent color this weekend.

NC

:pimp:

How much you paying, famb?

And what are you going to do with all that space?

Last edited:
Fam got all that space, Midas whale put a stripper pole in there and get some instagram girls to bust it open like a pomegranate in the summertime

For those of you who have lived in studios. Please share your experiences. Found a nice one in Dallas that I like. It's divided by a wall but doesn't have a door.

thank u for the pictures. would.love to.see more.coffee tables, and small furniture for.intricate ideas

Finally had some time today to put up two images I had rasturbated. One's Van Gogh's Starry Night and the other is Bob Marley. :pimp:

Anyway, I said I'd put up a few pics but I haven't really had time to organize like I wanted to.

So far I still need to grab an TV stand, a dining table, and a chest of drawers. Debating on a coffee table but I'm not sure. Kinda digging the idea of the extra space. Been buying everything piece by piece. Truly doing it on my own for the first time. A lot of empty space to fill, but that comes along with it I guess. Here's a few pictures I snapped today.

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...1356B8D7-AF99-4E21-BFEB-9598024DCC2D.jpg.html

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...8365AFD6-6708-4349-B5C9-6F765B424E38.jpg.html

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...313BB96E-2C19-42AE-8D02-2C6E76D56CEC.jpg.html

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...F74FE4A7-5E88-4619-9478-6F4F69C71335.jpg.html

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...AE5A6990-C453-4433-B1BA-A18420328637.jpg.html

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...A52779CB-1F76-480C-8029-C378F62D142C.jpg.html

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...A45D82EF-B9B7-4A24-9DB2-40B4BC6BF68E.jpg.html

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/kh...A704FF52-F2C0-417B-ABAE-7AC0906FED69.jpg.html

It's crazy how time flies, man. Today will be my last day in this place. It's been a hell of an experience in this apartment. Stories for days. On to the next adventure though. :pimp:

NC

How much you paying, famb?

And what are you going to do with all that space?

with everything included it comes to about 1400.

bruh i hate a clutter house. it irks the living crap outta me.

so the first 2 bdrm are of course regular and the 3rd one will be a office/tv room.

alot of damn cleaning tho. alot.

Last edited:
That's still the plan at the end of the summer. On the job hunt now actually. It's between Charlotte and Raleigh now.

Where the invite to watch the Bucs beat down on the Panthers.... Nice place!!

Dope fridge, but it would drive me absolutely crazy that it protrudes so far past the cabinets.
Alonsogif.. Reminds me of the time I helped my cousin last summer install a over the range microwave and it had a gap that can be seen if ur coming down the stairs and staring at it.. My bed

Last edited:
i certainly dig smaller units and this one is decent looking (except those cabinets) but 
alien.gif
 at the price...

This 291-square-foot studio unit, which Curbed San Francisco identified as the tiniest condo for sale in the city, just sold for $415,000—after a bidding war that jacked up the price nearly 40 percent. 

The asking price was $299,000, and buyers instantly recognized this little cupboard's price point as a steal. An all-cash buyer won out and the home went from listed to sold in less than in a month.

The sales price doesn't only speak to how competitive San Francisco's market is right now; it also speaks to the ridiculously fast pace at which the city's home prices have grown over the past decade. Not even 12 years ago, this same unit was purchased for just $155,000. The home has nearly tripled in value during a decade that included one of the largest and deepest housing crises the nation has ever seen.

So what did the buyer get for all that cash?

Zero bedrooms, no real kitchen, one bathroom and less 300 square feet on the second floor of a 33-unit building; click here or on a photo for a slideshow. The unit itself is just one room (unless you count the bathroom, which does have a separate door!). The "efficient electric kitchen" touted in the listing is really scarcely even a kitchenette, just a tiny stove, fridge and sink squeezed into a wall. There's a Murphy bed that pulls down into the living room, and a built-in desk by a window.

But at least the overhead is small—just $289 a month goes toward the homeowner's association and the listing boasts that a bank of solar panels helps keep utility costs low—so maybe that somehow helps this owner or investor feel better about spending nearly $1,500 per square foot.

For the record, that puts the price-per-square foot in the same ballpark as Spelling Manor  or even Le Palais Royal in Florida  (currently on the market for $139 million), and those properties have acreage, to say the least.

Last edited:
Dope fridge, but it would drive me absolutely crazy that it protrudes so far past the cabinets.

I feel you man. We're gonna revamp the entire kitchen in about a year, new layout and cabinetry. The kitchen is probably my least favorite room in the entire home. The cabinets are straight doodoo. That angle is more drastic than head on.

Back
Top Bottom