August Alsina said Will Smith told him he could smash Jada if he wanted to...

I think he's taken chances acting, especially lately. Will has been Oscar hunting and it's hurt his career. I'm sure he agreed to do Emancipation, not knowing he was going to win for King Richard.

I liked King Richard, but I didn't love it.

And him continuously wanting to do the weird accents is just weird. See, if I do an accent they'll forget it's me and overlook my acting.

They really thought Concussion was Oscar worthy?

They should’ve gave will an Oscar for Ali, I can bet Chris wouldn’t have been smacked as hard.

They should’ve gave will an Oscar for Ali

they give out way too many Oscars for biopics, on the whole

but denzel shoulda have won for Malcolm X, it went to pacino for scent of a woman

But if you give it to will for Ali and so it doesn’t go to denzel for training day

means the black best actor winners in recent history are: will as Ali, Jamie as ray, forest Whitaker as idi Amin

austin butler is nominated for best actor for playing Elvis :emoji_eyes:

I think he's taken chances acting, especially lately. Will has been Oscar hunting and it's hurt his career. I'm sure he agreed to do Emancipation, not knowing he was going to win for King Richard.

And him continuously wanting to do the weird accents is just weird. See, if I do an accent they'll forget it's me and overlook my acting.

No the idea is that if an accent is done and it’s passable or decent enough then that is good acting and that somehow makes the performance better.

Almost all actors are told this and/or buy in to the idea of it.

The main reason why is British actors are so good at playing various types of Americans and they tend to win awards for those roles. That’s why American actors (black or white) be out here looking crazy doing African accents, Southern accents, Aussie accents, poor British accents, etc.

Will just doing like any other actor. I don’t think he’ll stop either. He has his blockbuster franchises and time to Oscar chase with a bunch of biopics or topical movies.

it’s poor choices.. it’s been poor choices for a while

whenever I think about dude, I think about Kevin smith’s Superman lives story which essentially explains wild wild west

if you want a recent example, id suggest watching jarrod Carmichael‘s last special rothaniel
I'd actually say his stand up prior to Rothaniel was more about hurt into laughs. Rothaniel I enjoyed a great deal...only saw it once, but a lot of it didn't feel like jokes...or stories to get a laugh. **** felt raw. It was just him and the mic.

8 feels like definite jokes but certainly from his pain. The last line? Sheesh..

I'd actually say his stand up prior to Rothaniel was more about hurt into laughs. Rothaniel I enjoyed a great deal...only saw it once, but a lot of it didn't feel like jokes...or stories to get a laugh. **** felt raw. It was just him and the mic.

8 feels like definite jokes but certainly from his pain. The last line? Sheesh..

Yea.. was just talking about rothaniel in regard to processing clear pain in a public way.. he had jokes, but you could see the pain in them

But my expectations from Chris rock was for him to roast will like how Jaime foxx did LL cool j

I thought Rothaniel was entertaining more than funny

and I think Jamie was speaking on it later, and his incident wasn't available to the public. I'm sure Jordan Poole's emotions and response to Draymond was heightened by the fact the world had to see it happened and that becoming a part of his Wiki page.

But that’s why I personal think Chris rock should have taped it and then edit the hell out of it.. you’re not afford that luxury performing live

Sick what they’re doing.

that’s why it ain’t hard to read any headline about Meghan markle and see where this going

I don’t give a damn about the royal family and don’t think it should exist.. hell as long as they’re around, make them pay reparations.. and all commonwealth countries need to follow Barbados

but i do read the news.. ain’t hard to see what’s being done and where it’s headed.. and the ramifications on the rest of us

:lol: @ denying interfaith marriages.

Look at the things that openly get said about Ilhan Omar and her faith

Also look at the little remarks that are said about certain Jewish people

Again, ain’t hard to see where this is headed

Seems like people literally expected Chris Rock to pull the microphone off of his tuxedo and fight Will Smith on live TV.
07512A86-E511-4DEB-B803-BA3A4F95FFAC.gif

But that’s why I personal think Chris rock should have taped it and then edit the hell out of it.. you’re not afford that luxury performing live
He did it that way cuz he got paid more to do it live.

Im sure months from now Netflix will release and extended version that's edited with extra material just like his last special.

Last edited:
It was a live broadcast. I don't think there's extra footage.

At best, some behind the scenes stuff.

You can always add more later.

He just gotta wear the same outfit.

I wouldn't be surprised if after the way it ended Chris came back out and talked to the audience some more. He's done it before.

On the BTS joint on YouTube, Rock said since it's a special he ain't exactly Gon tell but he def was Gon speak on the Will /Jada situation wit intensity

I def think he still mad about the way it turned out but he's been running these jokes for 5-7 months I don't think finally saying it live brought it in a raw new way

He did it that way cuz he got paid more to do it live.
Dudes main qualm about it being live is he messed up a joke he prolly wasn't gonna like.

Dudes main qualm about it being live is he messed up a joke he prolly wasn't gonna like.

Ain’t a qualm.. just pointing out the obvious, recording it allows you to review and edit it before putting it

Mess up a joke, it’s fixable.. not happy with something, it’s fixable

I don’t blame dude at all for messing up.. or for still being angry

He Did Several Shows At The Venue Leading Up To The Live Broadcast.

I Wouldnt Be Surprised If The Blunder At The End Of His Set Is Replaced With A Previous Recording.

Back
Top Bottom