August Alsina said Will Smith told him he could smash Jada if he wanted to...

Chris Rock did it live because Netflix paid him more to do it live. Also, Chris secured the bag but not doing any interviews about the topic and simply waiting to cover it on stage.

i knew dude was getting the bag and obviously I see the payoff for Netflix being the main outlet to get what he has to say

but it’s Netflix.. who cares if it’s live the whole point of your platform is convenience

and pretty much all these specials are taped and then edited.. just pull a chapelle and take away everyone’s phones so the content doesn’t leak

if you screw up a joke, that’s the benefit you have

lol yall throwing me off

with yall logic youll go to jail for slapping somebody back... and the person that slapped you first would be free as a bird..

its ok to get slapped up and not do anything because you're mature

but then go on a live netflix special and keep running off at the mouth about the stuff that got you slapped up a year prior

chris got a lot to say almost a year after you got smacked up and everybody was feeling sorry for you

but yall got it lol

Haven't watched, but I'm still not mad at Will :lol:

other than the people involved, not sure why anyone would be mad

well the people of the people involved

but even like Chris rock, dude secured the bag off of this.. Or a bigger bag

other than the people involved, not sure why anyone would be mad

well the people of the people involved

but even like Chris rock, dude secured the bag off of this.. Or a bigger bag

There are no real losers in the situation, maybe Will Smith damaged his career a little bit but it seems like he's gotten things back on track and of course Chris Rock has made millions off of this.

It's bizarre that a 50-year-old man with adult children chooses to slap somebody over (What I consider to be) a pretty mild-mannered joke. People have been clowning will and Jada over there entanglement, cheating drama for years and Will had said and done nothing but Chris makes a joke about his wife being bald and all of a sudden he's beating his chest talking about "keep my wife's name out of your mouth?"

I wouldn't even say I have an issue with it so much as it's just a bizarre reaction that seems rooted in other things, not Chris's joke

lol you are a bozo... drawing all those conclusions based of my assessment of the events that occurred...

never been to jail in my 32 years... OFFICER ATL FINEST lol

i would love to meet some of yall in real life for real... that would explain a lot

Why is a grown man on a message board talking about wanting to meet up in person so we can fight?

There are no real losers in the situation, maybe Will Smith damaged his career a little bit but it seems like he's gotten things back on track and of course Chris Rock has made millions off of this.

It's bizarre that a 50-year-old man with adult children chooses to slap somebody over (What I consider to be) a pretty mild-mannered joke. People have been clowning will and Jada over there entanglement, cheating drama for years and Will had said and done nothing but Chris makes a joke about his wife being bald and all of a sudden he's beating his chest talking about "keep my wife's name out of your mouth?"

I wouldn't even say I have an issue with it so much as it's just a bizarre reaction that seems rooted in other things, not Chris's joke

It might be mild mannered to you.. but it ain’t your wife

we don’t know what will is going through and what struggles he has seen of his wife

Will was the nominee, they are typically the targets of the jokes.. which was the case of everyone else spoken of prior to jada

reading comments on social media then going to watch little excerpts of that joke is nasty

lol yall throwing me off

with yall logic youll go to jail for slapping somebody back... and the person that slapped you first would be free as a bird..

its ok to get slapped up and not do anything because you're mature

but then go on a live netflix special and keep running off at the mouth about the stuff that got you slapped up a year prior

chris got a lot to say almost a year after you got smacked up and everybody was feeling sorry for you

but yall got it lol
chris rock is frail. he's not gonna fight will smith when he can make 40 m's and embarrass him even further.
will smith embarrassed him on national tv this retaliation from a comedian seems 100% appropriate

Chris rock ain’t fighting no one you could see how shook dude was

Think pretty much everyone is surprised apparently will, will

1678137198165.gif

Just watched this over with my parents…

My Mom, “forget Jada, she been wearing her hair like that since she was doing the booty wit G-Money in the grass, gone” 😂
Mom: “if he was a victim, he would’ve sued the 💩 out of Will” 😂

My mom was all for it, but understood what I was getting at. The mindset you watch the show with matters. I paid more attention to his demeanor at first. Felt a lil different wantching with my parents. Remind me of days we use to watch Eddie Murphy stand-ups when I was a kid.

So is the special funny or nah. Yall in here talking about Megan Markle, wth???

probably typical Chris rock at this point in his career

I thought the will/jada stuff would be hilarious but really wasn’t

I’ve probably seen like 20 mins at this point and don’t really feel that moved to see the rest.. if something else comes up, I’ll check that out

I thought the special was cool. it had it's moments. the Will/Jada stuff was pretty mid considering how long it's been. I feel like if he dropped a special shortly after the slap, the bit woulda hit harder. The fact that he's been crafting the bit for a whole year and THAT's all he came up with was kinda disappointing.

I thought the special was cool. it had it's moments. the Will/Jada stuff was pretty mid considering how long it's been. I feel like if he dropped a special shortly after the slap, the bit woulda hit harder. The fact that he's been crafting the bit for a whole year and THAT's all he came up with was kinda disappointing.

and a crap ton of people been making jokes about the august stuff for almost 3 damn years

hell dude could have come in this thread and get better material on the subject matter

if dude really wanted to hit will and jada he coulda made some Tupac jokes

The whole August/Jada part and its delivery did not come out smooth. It just seemed angry.

Plus it just wasn't as creative as it could've been. The other parts not being clipped and posted all over Twitter were much better but you'd have to actually watch the special to know that.

I don't know what some of y'all in here are on.

Last edited:
The whole August/Jada part and its delivery did not come out smooth. It just seemed angry.
It was angry. For some, the transition from hurt to anger can take a long time. He unleashed his anger during the show. Wouldn’t be surprised if he speaks on it his next show and delivers better. In the end, all you can do is laugh and move on. Hopefully that’s his next phase.

You've spent more time typing than about this than the special lasted.

and I actually watched it.

You're the one who need to do some self evaluation.

A comedian making jokes about something that happen to them isn't something that started in 2023 no matter what the internet tries to tell you. Just like how he talked about his mom visiting his daughter in France and showing the pic at the end of the special, of course you didn't see that :lol:

Again

All I said was that it’s surreal an icon like Chris Rock is giving it up like this…and this prompted you to want to “defend” him :lol: why? I didn’t say he was wrong just simply that’s wild he’s talking like that lol. Why are you responding as if I’m criticizing him. Chris Rock didn’t land on you you landed on Chris’s Rock :lol:

Back
Top Bottom