Arian Foster Let It Be Known That He Is A Non-Believer

What started being humane or humanism?

Where did the morals come from?

Definitely not God I'll tell you that much. I've already given you a plethora of examples of God taken wet, cholera infested crap on humanity.

If you want to learn about the history of secular humanism, google is your friend. There's actually some decent info on wiki that can guide you to some founding philosophers.

Yeah I have an idea of what secular humanism is. I just want to know where the basis came from?

You think empathy is innate and not learned?

Empathy may or may not be innate, it depends on the context. There's a lot of information on the evolution of behaviors such as EMPATHY and ALTRUISM. These behaviors evolved for the greater good of our species.  For instance, would you want to live in a world were murder was totally legal? Laws condemning murder are about self preservation, and protection of my family.

Why don't animals (most animals) go around murdering each other. I say most cause there are some that murder for reasons beyond self preservation and food (eg. humans, some primates).

Some animals do go around murdering each other though. Its not right or wrong, it just is.

The Human race could survive if murder was legal. It would just be survival of the fittest

Empathy can be just relative, You can have empathy for your family or race but not other types of person.

Last edited:
Got a question for the atheists.

Have you considered the bible might be allegory? You know, like almost every other great work of fiction. I find when you have 2 extremes the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Like I said earlier I don't have a point

I really just want to understand your atheist mindset, that's why I ask so many "dumb" questions

this. I'm thinking maybe you g

God gave laws. They may or may not coincide with your own beliefs, ideals, values, ethics and morals, but, they are still his laws.

So you and Mr. Friendly all of a sudden want to become philosophers after he made that original dumb comment about how atheists know what's moral or not. Let's stop playing stupid. Morality can be blind and based on Ancient laws that are unquestioned and followed no matter what the consequences are. I used the example of slavery and I'll add rape in there for good measure. Morally speaking slavery is not wrong based on the bible. An atheist does not need a divine written code of ethics to evaluate whether or not slavery is wrong. An atheists moral principles are based on "humanism".

When has 'You may not agree with it, but they are his laws" ever been an excuse to justify inhumanity.

The word "Humane" is based on empathy/sympathy, compassion, benevolence, lack of cruelty, etc--Religion does not exclusively preach these principles.
What started being humane or humanism?

Where did the morals come from?
they came from a method of survival 

we are a social species and in order to survive we have to work together and get along

morals help us do that 

Got a question for the atheists.

Have you considered the bible might be allegory? You know, like almost every other great work of fiction. I find when you have 2 extremes the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
the bible can be anything you make it out to be

some people use it to preach kindness, others use it to justify evil

there is no one singular way to interpret the bible

if you're following the bible to impress god you have no way of knowing if what you're doing is actually what god wants. literally throwing stuff at the wall and hoping something sticks 

Last edited:
Was the Nazis attempted extermination of the Jewish race in Europe immoral at the time?

Or did it become immoral after the Nazis were defeated?

Was the Nazis attempted extermination of the Jewish race in Europe immoral at the time?

Or did it become immoral after the Nazis were defeated?
it was immoral to people who disagreed with what they were doing

im sure hitler didnt view it as immoral, which is why morals are a personal preference 

My answer about slavery is Google is your friend, Im not going to explain everything for you.

Is that an answer that satisfies you?

My answer about slavery is Google is your friend, Im not going to explain everything for you.

Is that an answer that satisfies you?

I know the answer about slavery from Google in the religious context, are you admitting to saying slavery is ok? If so, no further questions.

Dude is really spending pages defending inhumane acts perpetuated by the bible.

Show me when I mentioned the Bible first?

I would feel very insulted if someone told me that dinosaurs didn't exist :lol:

An incredible elasmosaur fossil was just found in Alaska btw

dudes believing that we lived with dinosaurs :lol:

or that the grand canyon is only a couple thousand years old.

Where was any of this said that I want you to do this? :lol:

Hey, I guess there's some things you're allowed to leave out and still be cool according to him. You take that up with him
I was referring back to my one foot one (in the world) one foot on walking with God response. That was the example. Nothing I stated would be cool with him period.

LOL I'm not gonna read the bible for you dude. :lol:

It's either you haven't (which wouldn't be surprising :lol: ) or you're just playing stupid.

I think ole boy is really setting up for some M Night shamalan type twist to bring everything he's saying together.

Back
Top Bottom