Are You Kidding Me!? Eddie Long crowned King

This dude truly has a cult following him. Does this make him a Christian-Rabbi? SMH at the people following him.

King of what... sucking teenage boys' +$@$%? Somebody needs to smack his kufi in front of his loyally dumb subjects.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

11glsth.jpg

I wanted to make this thread...but...you know...
grin.gif
laugh.gif

The comments on the video are funny though. stuff like "god wouldn't condone this..." or "hes not a man of god..." or "My god isn't like this..." or "i'm a REAL christian..."

People know when they're being fooled...but don't know when they're being fooled about being fooled...

This is why I say religious people aren't stupid...just ignorant. I think the distinction is clear. Indoctrination forces people to overlook a lot of obvious things, especially the earlier it occurs in life. This is really just cognitive dissonance. These people are fully productive members of society outside of religion. I'm sure many of them make great money and are well educated...but when it comes to religion, they resort back to that reptilian brain that was conditioned so young that they don't even take the time to iron out those details and automatically accept it as "true."

Its fascinating to see how people view OTHER religions when they're older but overlook their own. Clearly the alternatives are ridiculous, but they hold on to their personal stance as being infallible.

Imagine if you had learned everything about christianity for the first time as a 21 year old adult. Would your reaction be the same about the claims it holds? Be honest with yourself.

The ironic part about Eddie Long is that some of what he did is probably justified in the bible in some vague way that they always manage to contort
laugh.gif
. The bible is a strange, strange book. Thats why so many people got murked when they translated it English from Latin...it lost its..."poetic luster" ...
laugh.gif

Then theres the can of worms with the black church and the black community...
30t6p3b.gif

This is a mockery and a travesty.

Black people taking a religion used to enslave them and protecting a man accused of sexual assault and who settled out of court.

People disgust me sometimes.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Black people taking a religion used to enslave them and protecting a man accused of sexual assault and who settled out of court.

penn_state_logo.jpg

131937684_crop_650x440.jpg

pennstateriot.jpg

Does that ring a bell?

Cults are pretty fascinating when you look at them. 

I have no problem calling religious entities cults with more members and money. Thats all they really are in my eyes.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

I wonder what car he drives..

He definitely has at least one Bentley Flying Spur.
I've seen it.

In another life, If I didn't have the moral guilt, i'd adopt a religion so fast and rob all those suckers so blind... 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by sillyputty

I've seen it.

In another life, If I didn't have the moral guilt, i'd adopt a religion so fast and rob all those suckers so blind... 
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
good documentary about that

I've seen it.

laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by mrkane

I've seen it.

In another life, If I didn't have the moral guilt, i'd adopt a religion so fast and rob all those suckers so blind...�
laugh.gif
�
30t6p3b.gif
�

laugh.gif

I saw the flying spur in person a few years back. I don't know if he still has it or whatever but it was definitely a 4-door

Here is his actual bentley he has now I guess. I think the dudes driving the car are some of his: "spiritual mentees"
roll.gif

Here is also the news article that outlines it:

[h1]Bishop Eddie Long | Megachurch had modest beginning[/h1][h2]Ministry has included anti-gay crusade[/h2]

By�Larry Hartstein�

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

6:20 a.m. Thursday, September 23, 2010
When Eddie Long became pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in 1987, it had about 300 members.

Today the Lithonia congregation is 100 times as large, with a 240-acre campus, syndicated TV shows, an array of community programs and ministries, and satellite churches in other cities.

Born in North Carolina, Long, 57, worked as a manager at Ford Motor Co., then Honeywell, before pursuing the ministry. He got a Master's of Divinity degree from Atlanta's Interdenominational Theological Center in 1986.

The Christian magazine Charisma once described Long as on a mission "to reform our culture according to biblical standards. And he is not afraid to get in anyone's face to do it."

Long has crusaded against homosexuals and led a 2004 march against gay marriage.

The following year, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that a charity Long created -- Bishop Eddie Long Ministries Inc. -- made him its biggest beneficiary, supplying him with at least $1 million in salary over four years, a $1.4 million home and use of a $350,000 Bentley.

Long defended the compensation.

"We're not just a church, we're an international corporation," he told the AJC then. "We're not just a bumbling bunch of preachers who can't talk and all we're doing is baptizing babies. I deal with the White House. I deal with Tony Blair. I deal with presidents around this world. I pastor a multimillion-dollar congregation.

"You've got to put me on a different scale than the little black preacher sitting over there that's supposed to be just getting by because the people are suffering."

In 2006, Long was chosen by the family of Martin Luther King Jr. to officiate Coretta Scott King's funeral.

Long's first marriage ended in divorce, and he has used that experience as a way to connect with church members.

"I [use] my own personal struggles, what I'm going through, what I'm dealing with, what I've been through," he told Charisma magazine. "And so it immediately started getting folks to identify with me."

Long married the former Vanessa Griffin in 1990. They have four children.

This is my favorite part though:

[h1]
[h1]'Real Housewives' producers prepping 'Preacher Wives' reality show[/h1]
black-women-in-church-4x3-thumb-400xauto-25432.jpg

The�Real Housewives of Atlanta�better look out, there is a new Atlanta-based reality show in the works, called�Preacher Wives.

For those of you who thought it impossible for there to be another series about 'wives' of some sort or another, think again.

True Entertainment, the production company that brought us the�Real Housewives of Atlanta, is reportedly producing the new reality show which will feature the several 'first ladies' of the south.

The show is�said to air on�TLC, the same network that airs�Sister Wives, the reality show about a very religious Mormon polygamist family in Utah.

According to the�press release from�TLC, the show is described as a candid look into the holy worlds of "outspoken ladies who keep churches as smooth as southern-churned butter."

"We are excited to work with�TLC�to profile the lives of these strong-willed women,"�said Steven Weinstock, president of True Entertainment. "With most praise in religious communities directed towards male preachers, we are thrilled to give these remarkable ladies the spotlight they crave and deserve."

No word yet on who will make up the cast of�Preacher Wives, but it will interesting to see what kind of drama the 'first ladies' of Atlanta can stir up.

The show is�said to air�during the fourth quarter of this year.

Will you be watching?
[/h1]

Its funny because his wife had actually filed for divorce but had called it off...then called it back on...then called it off...all within 24 Hours.
roll.gif

I guess shes back in now that she can probably be on TV.
laugh.gif
...these women will do anything just to be second class citizens.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

+1 this is wrong on so many levels

Human beings in Mob...
Whats a mob to King...
Whats king to a God...
Whats a god to a nonbeliever... who dont believe in... anythaaang...

Back
Top Bottom