Are Air Force 1's still poppin???

Originally Posted by MNadel

Who cares if air force ones are popular or not?  Do you people only buy the sneakers that are socially accepted?  Get a grip, buy what you like and be an individual.
I can give you 1,000,000 dollars and a months worth of time and tell you to replicate my collection and you couldn't.  Give me 5 minutes and ebay and I'll replicate yours.

As corgi says, be an individual.  This thread is ******ed.
People do buy what they like, but sometimes shoes just go out of fashion and thats what happened to these to the majority of the sneaker world, NOT JUST NT, ISS ETC, but the high school kids who know nothing about collecting. THESE HAVE TRULY GONE OUT OF STYLE TO THE MAIN POPULATION......DENVERAIRFORCE, its true though, HS kids do laugh, but I didnt care, I still wore my AF1s well into 2010 and thats the same pair from 04. Dont be an HB, but buy what you like. There's no point in wearing something that may not really like. Being cool isnt up to everyone else, if you know you look dope, then thats what matters.

160jordansdeep, this is what happened to BAPE
[url=http://hypebeast.com/2011/02/wwd-nigo-opens-up-about-bape/]http://hypebeast.com/2011...igo-opens-up-about-bape/[/url]

Originally Posted by MNadel

Who cares if air force ones are popular or not?  Do you people only buy the sneakers that are socially accepted?  Get a grip, buy what you like and be an individual.
I can give you 1,000,000 dollars and a months worth of time and tell you to replicate my collection and you couldn't.  Give me 5 minutes and ebay and I'll replicate yours.

As corgi says, be an individual.  This thread is ******ed.
People do buy what they like, but sometimes shoes just go out of fashion and thats what happened to these to the majority of the sneaker world, NOT JUST NT, ISS ETC, but the high school kids who know nothing about collecting. THESE HAVE TRULY GONE OUT OF STYLE TO THE MAIN POPULATION......DENVERAIRFORCE, its true though, HS kids do laugh, but I didnt care, I still wore my AF1s well into 2010 and thats the same pair from 04. Dont be an HB, but buy what you like. There's no point in wearing something that may not really like. Being cool isnt up to everyone else, if you know you look dope, then thats what matters.

160jordansdeep, this is what happened to BAPE
[url=http://hypebeast.com/2011/02/wwd-nigo-opens-up-about-bape/]http://hypebeast.com/2011...igo-opens-up-about-bape/[/url]

Originally Posted by BIGBEN1986

That's nike's best selling shoe of all time.

People seem to forget this.

Nike releases hundreds of these every year for a reason.

Yes the GR's suck, material and quality wise, but they occasionally drop gems from time to time.

Hopefully in 2012 they will bless us true AF1 heads with some jewels, literally.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by BIGBEN1986

That's nike's best selling shoe of all time.

People seem to forget this.

Nike releases hundreds of these every year for a reason.

Yes the GR's suck, material and quality wise, but they occasionally drop gems from time to time.

Hopefully in 2012 they will bless us true AF1 heads with some jewels, literally.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I still wear my AF1s when I'm going to the gym before I change to my actual game kicks. Otherwise I don't wear them anymore. The silhouette is too bulky for fitted clothes. The denim and crackled patent leather are looking real nice though.

I still wear my AF1s when I'm going to the gym before I change to my actual game kicks. Otherwise I don't wear them anymore. The silhouette is too bulky for fitted clothes. The denim and crackled patent leather are looking real nice though.

forces are still dope if executed properly..problem is nike is droppin garbage unless theyre supremes not to mention the leathers and suedes used today are just as bad as jordan brand.

forces are still dope if executed properly..problem is nike is droppin garbage unless theyre supremes not to mention the leathers and suedes used today are just as bad as jordan brand.

I love the shoe and what it represents but they have died down a bit with mainstream buyers like anything that becomes mass produced. I still wear my Fragment AF1's though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I love the shoe and what it represents but they have died down a bit with mainstream buyers like anything that becomes mass produced. I still wear my Fragment AF1's though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i guess people realized they were paying 84.99 for air force ones
sheeds will always be worn though until theyre beat.

(white/uni blues anyone 
nerd.gif
 )

i guess people realized they were paying 84.99 for air force ones
sheeds will always be worn though until theyre beat.

(white/uni blues anyone 
nerd.gif
 )

A well designed Supreme AF1 will always collect a demand.  Everything else is cyclical.
That, sir, is an oxymoron...

and also exactly what is wrong the air force 1 today.

A well designed Supreme AF1 will always collect a demand.  Everything else is cyclical.
That, sir, is an oxymoron...

and also exactly what is wrong the air force 1 today.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by maxpapic

i dont understand the 'nike pushed em too hard'. could you explain?
In '07, there were like 100+ pairs released that year alone. There were some really, really, really nice models too. However, the prices also started to increase. I paid $275 for those high top Sheeds that had his face on the side. I paid $250 apiece for the LeBron's and Kobe's with their faces on the side. Basically, they were releasing too much fire too close together and for too much money. I eventually had to throw in the towel myself. Currently, I still cop Forces, but only rare/older stuff...

well, that is the extreme example. dont you think? i mean, that was the 25th anniversary so the shoe did deserve something. and fwiw, i think 07 white-on-whites were great quality.

Originally Posted by AirForce1King

Originally Posted by maxpapic

i dont understand the 'nike pushed em too hard'. could you explain?
In '07, there were like 100+ pairs released that year alone. There were some really, really, really nice models too. However, the prices also started to increase. I paid $275 for those high top Sheeds that had his face on the side. I paid $250 apiece for the LeBron's and Kobe's with their faces on the side. Basically, they were releasing too much fire too close together and for too much money. I eventually had to throw in the towel myself. Currently, I still cop Forces, but only rare/older stuff...

well, that is the extreme example. dont you think? i mean, that was the 25th anniversary so the shoe did deserve something. and fwiw, i think 07 white-on-whites were great quality.

I still have two pairs for casual wear(06 pixies, white/yellow mids from 03). And two pairs for doing yard work/physical labor. But dude hit on the head when he said they don't really suit themselves well to the fitted look.

I still have two pairs for casual wear(06 pixies, white/yellow mids from 03). And two pairs for doing yard work/physical labor. But dude hit on the head when he said they don't really suit themselves well to the fitted look.

I havent brought a pair of AF1's in about 3 years but im still sitting on 6 pairs of all white lows.

Back
Top Bottom