Are Air Force 1's still poppin???

AF1's are, and will forever be a classic in my eyes.  Sure, I wish Nike "made them like they use to be" but like 99.8% of the classics Nike (and JB) retro, those days are long gone.

Does that mean I cave in and buy newer releases that I feel like are built of poor quality/shape just because it's an AF1, no.  I save that money, and I hunt out older releases.  Sure, that can get pricey, but so can buying every Foamposite or Lebron that's deemed cool by the "community."  Not saying that I don't think some of those are nice releases, but I feel like way too many people are buying into these type of releases just because they saw their favorite sneaker blog post it over and over and told them how they couldn't miss out on them.

Long story short, it's all very simple, refer to a saying that's been said a million and one times, but never seems to sink in with most...

Buy what YOU like.

Code:
                                                                    :':`                                                                                               :'+++;,`                                                                                           .'+#+'''':`                                                                                        `';++'''''';`                                                                                       ,''+'''''''+'`                                                                                      ;++#''''''''+;`                                                                                    `;'+++''''''''+,                                                                                    :'''+';'''''''+'                                                                                   `'''+';''''''''++`                                                                                  ,'''''+''''''''''                                                                                  :''''''+'''''''''':                                                                                `'++++'''++''';''''':                                                                            `,,,''++'''+'+'';;'''''':                                                                           ,''';''''''+',..,;''''''';`                                                                         ;''''''''''';,,. `'''''''';`                                                                       `'''''''''''''+#+':'+'''''''',                                                                      ,'''''''''''''+#+''+'''''''''';`                                                                    ;'''''''''''''+#+'++'''''++''''',`                                                                 `''''''''''''''##''+'''''++'++++'';,`                                                               .'''''''''''''+##''+''+'+++++++''+++';:.`                                                           .'''''''''++''+#+''+'++'++++++++'++''''+'`                                                           '++++''''''''+#+'++''+++++++''''++++''++,                                                          .''++++++++'''##+'+''+''++'''+'''++++''+#;                                                         .:''''+'''+++,:#+''++''''+++'''+''''''''+#;                                                        ,'''''''''''++, `.``+++''++''''+'++'''''+#+:                                                       ,;+''''';;''+++';,..;++++++++'++++++++++'+#':                                                     `:;'''''''';;'+++''''++++++++++++++++++++'+#+':                                                   `;'';;''''''''''++''''''''''''''''++++++++++++'',                                                  `;'''''';;;'';;''+''''''''''''''''+'+++++++++#''',                                                 `,'+'''+;;;''';;'+'''''''''''''''''++++++++++++''';                                              `,';;''';;;;;''''''''''''''''''''''''''+''+++++++'''';                                             .;'';;'';;;;''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''+++++++''''';                                           `.;'''';'';;;'';;;'''''''''''''''''''''''''+++'++';''''''`                                        `:;;;''''''';;'';;''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''+':`,+++'''`                                       `:+'''+';;'';;'';,,''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';,````;'+++'.                                     `,,;'''';;;;;;'''', .'''''''''''''''''''''''''';,`````.;++++++,                                    ,'';'+'';;;;;''''',  .''''''''''''''''''''''';,``````,;++++++'+,                                  `:''';''';;;'''';;':   .'''''''''''''''''''':.``` ``.:'+++++++++':                                 :''''''+'';''';;;;;;`   `'''''''''''''''':,``    ``:'+''''+++++++':                               `:'''''''''''';;;;;;'`     ,''''''''''':,``      `,;'''''''++++++++';                              .;''''''';'''';;;;;;;:       .:;;;;:,.``        .:'''''''''''+++++++''                             .;''''''''''';;;;;;;''.                 ``    `,;''''''''''''''++'+++''                          `.:;''''++''';;;;;;;;;;''`                  `` .:'''''''''''''''''''''++''                        `,;;;'''+'''';;;;;;;;;'''''`                  `:;''''''''''''''''''''''''+++`                   `.,:;;''''''''''';;;;;;;;;''''',                .:'''''''''''''''''''''''''''+++`               `.,:;;;'''''''''''''';;;;;;;;'''''';`            .:;'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''++'.          `.,:;;;;'''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;''''''';`        .,;''''''''''''''''''''''''''''+'''++'.      `.,:;;;''''''''''''''''''';''';;;;;;;'''''''''':.`..,:''''''''+''''''''''''''''''''''+++'++''.     :;;;'''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''++++++'''''`   `:''''''''''''''''''''''';;''''';;;''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''++++++'''''    :''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''+++'''''';   ,''''''''''''''''''''''';;;;;;;;;''''''''''''''''''''+'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''',   ;''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';,   .'''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;;:::,,...`````   .'''''''';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;'';;;;;''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''';;::,,,......````       ``````````    `,:;''''''';;;;;;;;;;'''''';;;'''''''''''''''''''''''';:,..`                 ```````````````````   `    ``.,,:;;;;;;;;;;;;;;''''''''''''''''''''''';:,,``              ```   ``````              ```     `           ``..,,,:::;;;;'''''''''';;;;::,.``          `                                 `````                                 ```````             `                                        ``````                               `       `   `  ``                                                ````                                                                                               `````                                                                                      `     ````````                                                                                           `````````                                                                                            ````````                                                                                           `````````                                                                                 ` `  ` ` `````````                                                 `    `      `    `      `      ` `    ` ` ` ```

AF1's are classics. But Nike saturated the game with them. That and the decline of quality in recent years. I'm not even sure if they still use real leather on them.

AF1's are classics. But Nike saturated the game with them. That and the decline of quality in recent years. I'm not even sure if they still use real leather on them.

I never wore them... But I always thought they were
smokin.gif
Especially with the right colorway.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

can you imagine if the air force one was its only brand and had nothing to do with nike

it would be like how bape is today

on its last legs

So true.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

can you imagine if the air force one was its only brand and had nothing to do with nike

it would be like how bape is today

on its last legs

So true.

i'll say this much i wish i got a pair of the cartoon af1's that was released back in 2009 the lifestrongs or whatever they where called

i stopped buying sneakers when they released i could have got a pair a month ago for a nice price but it was not my size

i'll say this much i wish i got a pair of the cartoon af1's that was released back in 2009 the lifestrongs or whatever they where called

i stopped buying sneakers when they released i could have got a pair a month ago for a nice price but it was not my size

Originally Posted by maxpapic

i dont understand the 'nike pushed em too hard'. could you explain?
In '07, there were like 100+ pairs released that year alone. There were some really, really, really nice models too. However, the prices also started to increase. I paid $275 for those high top Sheeds that had his face on the side. I paid $250 apiece for the LeBron's and Kobe's with their faces on the side. Basically, they were releasing too much fire too close together and for too much money. I eventually had to throw in the towel myself. Currently, I still cop Forces, but only rare/older stuff...

Originally Posted by maxpapic

i dont understand the 'nike pushed em too hard'. could you explain?
In '07, there were like 100+ pairs released that year alone. There were some really, really, really nice models too. However, the prices also started to increase. I paid $275 for those high top Sheeds that had his face on the side. I paid $250 apiece for the LeBron's and Kobe's with their faces on the side. Basically, they were releasing too much fire too close together and for too much money. I eventually had to throw in the towel myself. Currently, I still cop Forces, but only rare/older stuff...

That's nike's best selling shoe of all time. i don't see them slowing down anytime soon, but it alln depends what colorways nike releases.

That's nike's best selling shoe of all time. i don't see them slowing down anytime soon, but it alln depends what colorways nike releases.

sooo blown i didn't scopp these from the ISS seller, my grails among af1's

edit:

wow, can't post the image, apparently s0le c0llector is a curse word according to NT.

sooo blown i didn't scopp these from the ISS seller, my grails among af1's

edit:

wow, can't post the image, apparently s0le c0llector is a curse word according to NT.

In my area, only hood dudes and chicks rock em. People here have moved on to Air Max (95/97/24-7/etc.), Griffeys, Foamposites, CMFT Jordans, and Retros

In my area, only hood dudes and chicks rock em. People here have moved on to Air Max (95/97/24-7/etc.), Griffeys, Foamposites, CMFT Jordans, and Retros

Back
Top Bottom