Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 25.9%
  • Case

Votes: 283 61.7%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
I just took my phone into Apple to get my sleep/wake button fixed. Took them about 5 days and works great now. They offer a loaner phone too as you wait for yours to get back from repair. Wanted to get this fixed so I can sell it with no problems.

Can you just walk in or you getta set a appointment.

Forgot to mention my volume down button doesnt work too.. Smh

Last edited:
This dude Zyzz is really in his feelings and still gonna get the phone? Apple won

my issue isnt with the phone

its with the rumors of dropping a whole new flag ship phone then giving us less.

its not about the money but before, it was everyone went for one model because thats all there was. now you are bringing a whole new model and its not even fully loaded? SMH

thats the point, the consumers.

Brah, you're one of the types of consumers Apple is targeting with the 5.5 joint lol. The "gotta have the best" crowd. You're gonna be *****ing and moaning walking out of the store with it. Annnnnnnd Apple wins again. :lol:

well im not shelling out $700 for a product that isnt even the best being released. thats my point

$700 is a lot of money, you would think that that price point it would be top of the line, am i right?

Man the iphone 5 had alot of issues, my turn on/off button dont work, phone dies at 20%
they are doing free battery replacements for the 5 thru apple and in apple stores

thats if your phone is the VERY small quantity of phones that are affected
It's not a small quantity
It's the iphone 5's sold from sept 2013 - January 2013
I got mine in dec 2012
i plan to get my battery replaced

Man the iphone 5 had alot of issues, my turn on/off button dont work, phone dies at 20%
they are doing free battery replacements for the 5 thru apple and in apple stores

I got mine in dec 2012

check the link posted or theres anothr one somewhere

apple said themselves VERY small amount of affected phones. and they have a serial checker to tell you if your phone is eligible or not.

I got mine in dec 2012

check the link posted or theres anothr one somewhere

apple said themselves VERY small amount of affected phones. and they have a serial checker to tell you if your phone is eligible or not.
Yeah I checked my serial number yesterday I'm eligible
But I'm a wait a couple more months to replace it
Soon as the 6 drops my 5 will be an iPod just like my other iPhones

Can you just walk in or you getta set a appointment.

Forgot to mention my volume down button doesnt work too.. Smh

Yup, just walk in and make an appointment. I got mine within 20 minutes but it depends on how busy they are. Could be sooner. They will test your phone to see if all the functions work (flash, vibrate, camera, etc) You will probably have to pay to get your volume buttons fixed since it's not part of the repair program.

This dude Zyzz is really in his feelings and still gonna get the phone? Apple won
my issue isnt with the phone

its with the rumors of dropping a whole new flag ship phone then giving us less.

its not about the money but before, it was everyone went for one model because thats all there was. now you are bringing a whole new model and its not even fully loaded? SMH

thats the point, the consumers.
Brah, you're one of the types of consumers Apple is targeting with the 5.5 joint lol. The "gotta have the best" crowd. You're gonna be *****ing and moaning walking out of the store with it. Annnnnnnd Apple wins again.
laugh.gif
well im not shelling out $700 for a product that isnt even the best being released. thats my point

$700 is a lot of money, you would think that that price point it would be top of the line, am i right?
And that is exactly my point.  Apple wins, because now you're going to shell out more than $700 to have the best, right?

What's "best" though?  Screen size?  Is bigger always better?

A super retina screen?  Because how much more retina can it really get at this point?  It's all marketing now.

A bigger battery (to accommodate a bigger screen, thus somewhat evening out battery life between the 2 different models)?  

A slightly faster processor (to accommodate that bigger screen) that the average user won't even notice?

A few more megapixels for the camera to use?  

A sapphire display to replace the already pretty damn strong screen?

The point is that all these things are incremental upgrades and some are there simply to accommodate the larger screen.  Apple isn't going to eat their own by making the 5.5 joint some uber-beast of a phone and crippling the 4.7.  If all those minor things = best to you, it's all good man.  I just don't see it though.  Besides the handset size, the rest of that **** is just marketing hype to get folks to pay more for a phone b/c my guess is that they'll essentially be the same phones and provide almost identical end-user experiences.  

As far as pricing goes they have to be competitive so I think the most expensive phone they'll offer (with a 2 yr upgrade) will be $499 which will presumably be the 5.5 in. I don't think the 5.5 will come with different gigs either, it'll just come in 64 gig only. The 4.7 will be the model with different gig options starting at 16 then 32 then 64 at $199, $299 and $399.

I also don't think they'll be an S model this time around

:wow: are you a wizard? Like how does that happen? My battery wasn't even that good when it was brand new.
:wow: are you a wizard? Like how does that happen? My battery wasn't even that good when it was brand new.

Haha im not doing anyting about it, just charge once a day. Maybe you got a defective unit man. Anyways, cant wait for the 6! Hopefully the aux port is still normal or i might jump to the s5 or note3/4

alright guys quick question:

My dad upgraded to the 5s at the end of May/early June.

he just told me he put it in the washer cuz he left it in his pocket.

My question is, can we go back to ATT and get a new one since it hasn't been 90 days yet or can Apple replace it at all?

Any info is appreciated.

My question is, can we go back to ATT and get a new one since it hasn't been 90 days yet or can Apple replace it at all?

Any info is appreciated.

iWBJ4KrtSYtq2.gif

Any info is appreciated.

you gonna have to buy a new phone at full price unless your dad purchased insurance on the phone through ATT

The battery life on my old 4 was better, but it didn't have LTE either. For me LTE is the culprit, the building I work in has weak LTE signal strength so my phone is constantly looking for it. Since I've been turning LTE off when I'm not on the internet, I make it through the workday with 25% percent remaining where normally I'd be charging at my desk. Apple needs a setting option for this, because unless I'm browsing or streaming I don't need LTE on.

Back
Top Bottom