Team nekkid or with a case?

• Team nekkid

Votes: 119 26.0%
  • Case

Votes: 282 61.6%
  • Nekkid with occasional case

Votes: 57 12.4%

• Total voters
Picked up the 8 256gb because the plus is too big and I can't get into Face ID on the X. I don't want to look at the phone every time I want to open it. I like Touch ID a lot. But I did the Apple iPhone upgrade program so I'll get the next X version next year if I want to. Have a 6S currently.

hopefully the same retailers that are getting the 8 get the X :nerd:

i doubt it for release day

apple was very stingy with the jet blacks everyone i knew who ordered from the apple store got theirs before me i ordered mined str8 thru verizon day pre orders opened got it 2 months latee

T-Mobile doesn't actually handle the repairs/replacements themselves. They use a third party company called Assurant that handles it, but they have a history of sending refurbished phones as replacements. Their deductible is actually really high compared to Apple Care.

Found that out after the fact and I've been using a crapped out iPhone 6 that only gets worse. Would avoid paying for their insurance and just go with Apple Care.

Premium Protection from Tmo includes Apple Care

Premium Protection from Tmo includes Apple Care
Sprint said the same thing last night. Their protection plan now is with apple care. $13 a month is still a hefty price tag but this includes,
I can take the phone to any apple store to get fixed
and it covers lost or stolen with sprint.
@ $156 a year, is it worth it?

Where do y'all be preordering from? I feel like the last few releases you could walk into an Apple Store day of and cop

Grabbed the 7S plu...errr, 8 plus. :lol:

Upgrades were significant enough for my usage to warrant a purchase, although I don't really need it. Kinda miffed that I had to go up to 256 gigs though. Apple really got everyone used to 128 and then pulled the rug from underneath us, huh? :smh: Bastards.

Btw, I pity all you cats going after the X. What a glorious ****show that'll be.
doilookscared.gif

Straight from apple.com. I work in manhattan, much easier to have it shipped to my office and activate it online rather than going through the bs at the apple stores on launch day.

Damn, nobody buying the 8. Going be impossible to find the X! Seen somewhere saying it can be backed up as long as mid march 2018.

Last edited:
Is apple care included in with the X? I read somewhere that it's $199, so that's $1200 for the 64gb before tax which will be another $100+ son...

Dropped my 6 and obliterated my screen this morning. After three years, hundreds of drops, all naked :smh:.

Thought it might have been God telling me to go ahead and get the 8 but nah.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/15/kgi-iphone-x-supply-demand-balance-2018/

While the iPhone X launches November 3, with pre-orders beginning October 27, reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple's high-end smartphone won't achieve complete supply-demand equilibrium until next year.

iphonexcameradesign-800x321.jpg

In his latest research note with KGI Securities, obtained by MacRumors, Kuo said customer demand for the iPhone X won't be fully met until at least the first half of 2018 due to supply constraints.We believe the fullscreen design and facial recognition features will drive replacement demand for the iPhone X. However, due to supply constraints, we expect market demand won't be fully met before 1H18. We revise down our forecast for 2017F iPhone X shipments from 45-50 million to around 40 million units, but we therefore revise up our 2018 iPhone X shipment estimate to 80-90 million units.In fewer words, getting an iPhone X in your hands may prove especially challenging this holiday shopping season.

In addition to supply constraints, Kuo said the reason why iPhone X pre-orders won't begin for another six weeks is likely because Apple doesn't want to cannibalize sales of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.

iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus pre-orders began at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time today. The devices launch Friday, September 22.

Earlier this week, Kuo said Apple's iPhone X production was less than 10,000 units per day, but the yield may be increasing as Apple ramps up mass production. He anticipated the iPhone X will remain in "severe short supply for a while."

Kuo also anticipated that a gold iPhone X would encounter some production problems and initially be available only in "extremely low volume," or launch at a later date, but Apple said the iPhone X comes only in Silver and Space Gray.

In today's research note, he said the lack of a gold color echoes his production concerns, but he didn't elaborate if he still thinks the iPhone X will eventually be released in gold like the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/15/kgi-iphone-x-supply-demand-balance-2018/

While the iPhone X launches November 3, with pre-orders beginning October 27, reliable analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes Apple's high-end smartphone won't achieve complete supply-demand equilibrium until next year.

iphonexcameradesign-800x321.jpg

In his latest research note with KGI Securities, obtained by MacRumors, Kuo said customer demand for the iPhone X won't be fully met until at least the first half of 2018 due to supply constraints.We believe the fullscreen design and facial recognition features will drive replacement demand for the iPhone X. However, due to supply constraints, we expect market demand won't be fully met before 1H18. We revise down our forecast for 2017F iPhone X shipments from 45-50 million to around 40 million units, but we therefore revise up our 2018 iPhone X shipment estimate to 80-90 million units.In fewer words, getting an iPhone X in your hands may prove especially challenging this holiday shopping season.

In addition to supply constraints, Kuo said the reason why iPhone X pre-orders won't begin for another six weeks is likely because Apple doesn't want to cannibalize sales of the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.

iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus pre-orders began at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time today. The devices launch Friday, September 22.

Earlier this week, Kuo said Apple's iPhone X production was less than 10,000 units per day, but the yield may be increasing as Apple ramps up mass production. He anticipated the iPhone X will remain in "severe short supply for a while."

Kuo also anticipated that a gold iPhone X would encounter some production problems and initially be available only in "extremely low volume," or launch at a later date, but Apple said the iPhone X comes only in Silver and Space Gray.

In today's research note, he said the lack of a gold color echoes his production concerns, but he didn't elaborate if he still thinks the iPhone X will eventually be released in gold like the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
They gonna rush to make these phones and because of that, a lot of things are gonna be faulty.

I can already see a lot of you being very disappointed with this iPhone X

Sprint said the same thing last night. Their protection plan now is with apple care. $13 a month is still a hefty price tag but this includes,
I can take the phone to any apple store to get fixed
and it covers lost or stolen with sprint.
@ $156 a year, is it worth it?

With Tmo my 8+ will be $12/Mo for Apple Care which is $144/yr. It's actually cheaper I think, I forgot how much Apple Care is.

wait, thats a fact? cause I pay for tmobile insurance

As long as you have Premium Device Protection or above, Apple Care is included.

Is apple care included in with the X? I read somewhere that it's $199, so that's $1200 for the 64gb before tax which will be another $100+ son...

No Apple care is $199 extra like you said

So in the end most will be paying $1300 for the 64gb which is what's bothering me

Don't think the phone is worth $1300 then again I also want the 256gb so...

This might be the first time I don't even upgrade

Back
Top Bottom