Anyone here who doesn't eat 3 meals a day?

Originally Posted by three6mafia

I only eat when I'm hungry. 2-3 meals/day.

Don't know how people eat like 5-6 meals. Id be stuffed.

same here....idk either i get the bubble guts rather quickly.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

For me yes. Lunches in itself around the financial district in SF can run about $8-10 a day. That's $50 a week right there and that is minus coffees and breakfast that I get on occassion as well. And most people that I know that eat 2 meals a day are all trying to lose weight. Granted I am 30 years old and usually everyone my age doesn't have the metabolism they used too, so those added meals between breakfast, lunch and dinner are pretty unnecessary.

You're exactly like me. LOL  But I always wanted to live and thrive in San Fran.  I've read and asked about it here.  The cost of living is very high. LOL
Is the water chlorinated like LA?  If you don't mind, want to talk via PM or something?

Care to share more?  How's the job market really like for the financial sector side?  What is the district?

Cost of living isn't really the hard part in SF. What you have to suffer (if any) is what you get for you pay for. I know people that pay about what I pay with rent in areas outside SF (I pay about $1025) but they get a full 1 to 2 bedroom apartment whereas I get a studio that is about 300 square feet. But what you lack in space, you gain in the environment in SF. Part of living out here is experiencing the culture which pretty much consists of eating, drinking, and checking the festivals, concerts and other things going on here. It's a fun place for sure but it should be temporary living unless you got a great job and don't mind throwing all your money away to rent.

As far as jobs, there are a lot but there are still politics with it all. People are not paying what they used to and getting a job requires you to have a lot of experience and education. It's that whole wrap of "how do people get experience if they can't get a job?" But that is where college education comes in. If you have a degree, it gets you that interview for sure and if you get the job, you will get a decent salary. People without it will have a harder time but can get a job if they have the gift of gab.

And the water? I think it tastes fine. SF is a great city though. You just sacrafice some things but it's worth it. I did this all to late though. I am 30 and everyone my age is buying houses and getting married. I am still living a sporadic lifestyle but it suits me fine.

I understand corporate culture, but I figured SF has a lot more 'asians' and the culture seems to embrace different races a lot better.  In terms of owning a home, are these homes affordable?  Or are your friends buying homes WAY WAY OUTSIDE the city?  Btw, is commute hell? LOLZ  My research has told me, real estate there is still pretty high and one of the few cities actually seeing some gains in price.

The financial sector has been hit hardest, and I'm not sure how it is for SAN FRAN right now.  If I'm not mistaken, Wells is a pretty big employer there.  I've had a few years of experience post college, but am looking for that next step.  Not sure how corporate culture is in these big cities, or if things are purely black and white.  Thinking about obtaining a CFA.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I understand corporate culture, but I figured SF has a lot more 'asians' and the culture seems to embrace different races a lot better.  In terms of owning a home, are these homes affordable?  Or are your friends buying homes WAY WAY OUTSIDE the city?  Btw, is commute hell? LOLZ  My research has told me, real estate there is still pretty high and one of the few cities actually seeing some gains in price.

The financial sector has been hit hardest, and I'm not sure how it is for SAN FRAN right now.  If I'm not mistaken, Wells is a pretty big employer there.  I've had a few years of experience post college, but am looking for that next step.  Not sure how corporate culture is in these big cities, or if things are purely black and white.  Thinking about obtaining a CFA.

SF is really multi cultural and we’re one of the most liberal cities out there but you will find that the corporate world is run by the “white man

Originally Posted by ps2child

I don't eat breakfast. Occasionally I can skip lunch. Then I can eat a big dinner. Repeat.
breakfast is the most important meal, then lunch, then dinner
laugh.gif
 smh

Just for the discussion purposes I'm going to say that fasting is the healthiest form of dieting.
laugh.gif

Also, snacking all day or eating more frequent smaller meals is bad for your teeth. Keeps a constant flow of bacteria building on your teeth/in your gums. Unless you want to floss/brush 4 or 5 times a day.

Originally Posted by buggz05

Just for the discussion purposes I'm going to say that fasting is the healthiest form of dieting.
laugh.gif

Also, snacking all day or eating more frequent smaller meals is bad for your teeth. Keeps a constant flow of bacteria building on your teeth/in your gums. Unless you want to floss/brush 4 or 5 times a day.

this

and there was an research somewhere that eating 4-5 meals is worst than eating 2-3 meals a day
i didnt remember the website though

lots of dudes that lift/care about their health say 2-3 > 4-5

Checks McGee wrote:

4 small meals is actually better than 2 big meals tho famb

i'm trippin... i was thinking yall were on some sit down, three course meal steez...
i can dig it though...

me personally... i eat when i get hungry...

5'11" 190 lbs athlete, doe... 2.8 miles a day...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

3 meals a day (sometimes might skip breakfast if I got somewhere to go in the morning) and 1 or 2 snacks in between

laugh.gif

ummmmmm dat tootbrush?????

laugh.gif
Looking forward to my second fast .. To afflict your soul like that can be quite profound and humbling

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

laugh.gif
Looking forward to my second fast .. To afflict your soul like that can be quite profound and humbling

can you drink something that isn't water when your fasting? 

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

laugh.gif

Some people only consume liquids. I've heard of people drinking smoothies quite commonly. For me, other than spiritual reasons, fasting is about using up the least amount of energy needed to digest food so that that energy can go towards other biological means. That and not introducing new calories so that your body will feast on the fat stores and toxin stores that have caloric worth already inside you.
10 lbs of fat is equal to about 35,000 calories, which should last you about half a month on a 1800 calorie day.

Some people only consume liquids. I've heard of people drinking smoothies quite commonly. For me, other than spiritual reasons, fasting is about using up the least amount of energy needed to digest food so that that energy can go towards other biological means. That and not introducing new calories so that your body will feast on the fat stores and toxin stores that have caloric worth already inside you.
10 lbs of fat is equal to about 35,000 calories, which should last you about half a month on a 1800 calorie day.

i thought that muscles are the first to go when you're fasting, then fat?

During summer it's so hard to eat right. I feel full all the time from the heat. I haven't eaten for the past 4-5 days. I think I have eaten like 3 sandwhiches , a yam, and some salad in that time.

laugh.gif
Some people drink fruit juice or even tea.. I might do the former (as opposed to just water) my next time around.

Back
Top Bottom