Anyone catching flack for not voting/being unenthused about voting?

iblink

Banned
Since I openly said I didn't plan on voting at a family function during the summer, I've been catching heat from my family. It got so bad, they told a friend of the family about hat I'd said and dude even called me up and laid on the whole "your constitutional right to vote... Not voting for one is technically a vote for the other". I could have debated, but I let it go. Now with time winding down, they've turned it up a notch. Today alone my grandmother's called me 6 times, no exaggeration, saying I should go vote early since I don't have anything to do On fridays. It's annoying as hell, especially coming from people who can't even pay attention to the debates, but watch every one of them. I asked a family member to explain the electoral college the other day. They couldn't do it, and claimed that I thought I was better than everyone else. Part of me wants to go vote unfavorably just to piss them off more. Part of me still couldn't care less about voting. Part of me wants to just lie and say I voted... But they legit requested that I bring back the "I am a Georgia voter" sticker as proof. :lol:

Anyone else been under pressure to vote from their family members or people you're close to?

Last edited:
My folks want the same "IM A GEORGIA VOTER" sticker too lol
idk if i can vote in ga to be honest tho cause i registered in mississippi while i was in school but now that i have graduated and moved back to ga idk if i have to vote absentee or not be allowed to vote my folks are hounding me because of that.

i was gonna opt-out of voting too..

but then i seen something that made me change my mind quick.

In attempt to not make this a political debate thread i will try to stay on topic.

I also am a non-voter. I have gotten all the stories. There was a man who's last dying wish was to vote because it was illegal in his country....all he wanted was to vote....and you have the chance and you aren't going to. People died for your right to vote you know?
My grandmother has been sending pro-Romney chain letter/propaganda emails for about 2 months now.

So i feel you OP. I wish people would just be like oh....ok that's fine. But i do have friends that are going to the polls to vote locally and are leaving president blank...or putting Mickey Mouse as a right in candidate. Which i can respect because local elections can actually be some what meaningful.

And here we go.
I purposely try to leave the race element out of it... And you take it there. Bravo my friend. Bravo.

right man makes me wanna see barack win even more just to see so many racists that much more pissed because he is still in office

My folks want the same "IM A GEORGIA VOTER" sticker too lol
idk if i can vote in ga to be honest tho cause i registered in mississippi while i was in school but now that i have graduated and moved back to ga idk if i have to vote absentee or not be allowed to vote my folks are hounding me because of that.

:lol: man it feels like the sticker is something so dang arbitrary for everyone else except me when it comes to my family.

is this enough for you?
/allthatnoiseyouposted
what does this have to do with anything?

Why do you always take it to this point? you're always trying to play 'victim'. its truly pathetic.

black people like you make me laugh

Last edited:
In attempt to not make this a political debate thread i will try to stay on topic.
I also am a non-voter. I have gotten all the stories. There was a man who's last dying wish was to vote because it was illegal in his country....all he wanted was to vote....and you have the chance and you aren't going to. People died for your right to vote you know?
My grandmother has been sending pro-Romney chain letter/propaganda emails for about 2 months now.
So i feel you OP. I wish people would just be like oh....ok that's fine. But i do have friends that are going to the polls to vote locally and are leaving president blank...or putting Mickey Mouse as a right in candidate. Which i can respect because local elections can actually be some what meaningful.

I can respect that. In fact, local matters are the only thing I'd take seriously if I were to make my way out to the polls. That's an impact you can actually measure.

Yeah...but then again, most of this flack comes from people who don't know what the Electoral College is, who can't name the 3 branches of government and their functions, who have no idea of how incestuous business and politics are with each other, and who don't know the Fed is a private company...so how much do their criticisms really mean?

EDIT: Local and state elections contain things like referendums, which the people can directly affect. It's also in the representatives best interest to serve the needs of their local constituency to keep their jobs, so there is importance in some of the smaller races. This post was more about the national election.

Last edited:
ohnoes guise, he said 'black people', get 'em!

Yes, the ones who constantly play the victim role, you make me laugh.

if you're offended by what i said, its because it most likely applies to you

Last edited:
Yeah...but then again, most of this flack comes from people who don't know what the Electoral College is, who can't name the 3 branches of government and their functions, who have no idea of how incestuous business and politics are with each other, and who don't know the Fed is a private company...so how much do their criticisms really mean?

Agree with you there. But when it comes to family, although most of them aren't as knowledgable as they should be, it's hard to just ignore their criticism when they're constantly around.

And here we go.

I purposely try to leave the race element out of it... And you take it there. Bravo my friend. Bravo.

So don't vote. Simple as that. Why coming *****ing to us about it?

what does this have to do with anything?

Why do you always take it to this point? you're always trying to play 'victim'. its truly pathetic.

black people like you make me laugh

Because lazy black folks think its "cool" to say Im not voting

Meanwhile people died for there right to do so.

Has anybody ever read a voting ballot 99% of it is about ACTUAL THINGS THAT AFFECT YOUR COMMUNITY

It's only takes 20-30 minutes b.

ohnoes guise, he said 'black people', get 'em!

if you're offended by what I said, then it probably applies to you. 
im offended because ive seen you and your gang post PLENTY of comparisons between gay rights movements and the civil rights movements...

ive seen YOU specifically, im numerous threads, comparing the two...

the op asked a question as to why people catch flack for NOT voting....

ask any black man above 40 why its so important to vote and theyll tell you its because people DIED to give us that right...

im not offended that you said black people..im offended that YOU of all people had the audacity to come in here, then say black people like that (dude kept it 100%) real make you sick...

maybe white people like you make me sick...white people that try to talk down on the 'struggle' that our forefathers went through...white people that think dude is playing the victim for posting that pic....idc if your white/blk/purple btw...

dude answered ops question the way EVERY BLACK MAN answers that question...we(todays youth) catch flack from the old heads, because people LITERALLY died for that right...

its not your place to brush all that under the carpet..like it didnt happen..THATS WHAT MAKES ME SICK!!

So don't vote. Simple as that. Why coming *****ing to us about it?

Sharing my experience and asking if anyone else on a message board if they shared a similar experience equates to *****ing?

Oh.

Ignore the troll VA. Let him sit behing that computer and stream his emotions on here all he wants. You know what's up and repped.

Back
Top Bottom