Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

lets go mavs! love to see them win than those real housewives of dade county. 
laugh.gif

LOL @ LeBron haters pretending they want the Mavs to win because Dirk & Kidd "deserve a ring". Hahaha. You're fooling nobody.

LOL @ LeBron haters pretending they want the Mavs to win because Dirk & Kidd "deserve a ring". Hahaha. You're fooling nobody.

I effing hate the Heat. anything to keep em from winning. I think the Mavs are the only team that can stop em.

I effing hate the Heat. anything to keep em from winning. I think the Mavs are the only team that can stop em.

I put it on Twitter last night, I would LOVE to see Dirk get a ring.  I could care less about Kidd, Peja, Marion or the rest of those nobodies.  Dirk, I am all for. 

But then I look at Cuban, and it makes me queasy. 
laugh.gif

So I dunno. 

I'll look at it this way, my wife put $100 on the Mavs not winning with her brother, so in a sense, I'm rooting for the Heat.  But if I can see a transcendent series from Dirk so great that he can take Miami down, then I will be ok with that.  I'll lose the 100 bucks, but seeing Dirk move up a notch will be worth it.  And then of course, there is the matter of NT fanbases and what not to watch snipe each other with multiple bannings and what not. 
laugh.gif

I hope for a good series, 6-7 games as always, and hopefully not a free throw extravaganza for either team. 

I put it on Twitter last night, I would LOVE to see Dirk get a ring.  I could care less about Kidd, Peja, Marion or the rest of those nobodies.  Dirk, I am all for. 

But then I look at Cuban, and it makes me queasy. 
laugh.gif

So I dunno. 

I'll look at it this way, my wife put $100 on the Mavs not winning with her brother, so in a sense, I'm rooting for the Heat.  But if I can see a transcendent series from Dirk so great that he can take Miami down, then I will be ok with that.  I'll lose the 100 bucks, but seeing Dirk move up a notch will be worth it.  And then of course, there is the matter of NT fanbases and what not to watch snipe each other with multiple bannings and what not. 
laugh.gif

I hope for a good series, 6-7 games as always, and hopefully not a free throw extravaganza for either team. 

Originally Posted by OnionSlice

Dirk and Kidd are 32 and 38 respectively, have played at a high level for years, and are generally considered to be likable guys. Why wouldn't a casual observer want them to win over LeBron and company, a team that will no doubt be heavily favored? Besides, the world is a better place when the Heat are losing.

Dirk and Kidd are 32 and 38 respectively, have played at a high level for years, and are generally considered to be likable guys. Why wouldn't a casual observer want them to win over LeBron and company, a team that will no doubt be heavily favored? Besides, the world is a better place when the Heat are losing.

30t6p3b.gif

Mavs vs Heat- that's a lose/lose situation. In terms of the bigger picture, Heat fans will be far more intolerable than the Mavs fans, but I still don't want to see Dallas succeed.

30t6p3b.gif

Mavs vs Heat- that's a lose/lose situation. In terms of the bigger picture, Heat fans will be far more intolerable than the Mavs fans, but I still don't want to see Dallas succeed.

I would like to see LeBron get a ring, but Miami has at least a 4-5 year window, and he barely joined the Heat. Wade already has a ring and a Finals MVP and Haslem obviously has one. Only other guy I'd like to see have a ring is Bibby and maybe Spoelstra (just because he's half filipino). 
Dirk's been through failure after failure (losing first rounds when they were highly touted) and Kidd's been through so many teams in the league, just to be on a contender. Realistically, if the Mavs don't win it this year, it's tough for me to think that they would have a chance next season.

But like I said, if the Heat advance and they win in the finals, I wouldn't mind, but it would be tough to see two of the best players of our generation (one could even argue history) come up dry.

I would like to see LeBron get a ring, but Miami has at least a 4-5 year window, and he barely joined the Heat. Wade already has a ring and a Finals MVP and Haslem obviously has one. Only other guy I'd like to see have a ring is Bibby and maybe Spoelstra (just because he's half filipino). 
Dirk's been through failure after failure (losing first rounds when they were highly touted) and Kidd's been through so many teams in the league, just to be on a contender. Realistically, if the Mavs don't win it this year, it's tough for me to think that they would have a chance next season.

But like I said, if the Heat advance and they win in the finals, I wouldn't mind, but it would be tough to see two of the best players of our generation (one could even argue history) come up dry.

That's not it at all. Dirk and Kidd are two of the all time greats and I've loved watching them for years. This is probably Kidd's last chance, and who knows if Dirk makes it back for a third time. Most players don't get more than a couple chances. The only team I'd root for instead of the Mavs are the Bulls and it's not looking to great right now for them.

That's not it at all. Dirk and Kidd are two of the all time greats and I've loved watching them for years. This is probably Kidd's last chance, and who knows if Dirk makes it back for a third time. Most players don't get more than a couple chances. The only team I'd root for instead of the Mavs are the Bulls and it's not looking to great right now for them.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I would like to see LeBron get a ring, but Miami has at least a 4-5 year window

i don't know.. it all depends on how long wade's body can hold up.. and i'm really not sure he has 4-5 big years in him

with boston, they had a better supporting cast around the older guys.. and who knew rondo would develop into what he did.. also ray allen's skill set was more conducive to getting older unlike dwade's

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

I would like to see LeBron get a ring, but Miami has at least a 4-5 year window

i don't know.. it all depends on how long wade's body can hold up.. and i'm really not sure he has 4-5 big years in him

with boston, they had a better supporting cast around the older guys.. and who knew rondo would develop into what he did.. also ray allen's skill set was more conducive to getting older unlike dwade's

Back
Top Bottom