Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

I'm a Suns fan, but Dirk has made me a fan. Always been a Marion/Kidd fan too. For the duration of this season I will be rooting for the German Sheppard

I'm a Suns fan, but Dirk has made me a fan. Always been a Marion/Kidd fan too. For the duration of this season I will be rooting for the German Sheppard

Originally Posted by Cels The YoungGod

Originally Posted by DubA169

it's either root for Dirk or the princesses who likes a rigged game.
Yea....So I'll root for Dirk

Basically
tumblr_llq3xsgnze1qiaw26o1_400.png

Love Dirk...but people I dislike immensely in the media will be happy if they win so I gotta root for the heat.

Love Dirk...but people I dislike immensely in the media will be happy if they win so I gotta root for the heat.

I want the Heat to win since all the world want to act like %#!!%@* over something (free agency) that I don't see as a big deal at all, plus to stick it to crybaby #+* owners

I want the Heat to win since all the world want to act like %#!!%@* over something (free agency) that I don't see as a big deal at all, plus to stick it to crybaby #+* owners

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I want to see the Mavs win for two reasons:

1. Dirk/Kidd get a ring
2. Stern gets to hand the trophy to Cuban, who will probably say something disparaging into the mic and get fined $1 million
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

I want to see the Mavs win for two reasons:

1. Dirk/Kidd get a ring
2. Stern gets to hand the trophy to Cuban, who will probably say something disparaging into the mic and get fined $1 million
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.
laugh.gif
  First off those first and second team all defense awards mean nothing. He's an average defender, a fine passer, average rebounder, and makes his teammates way better. I don't know what planet you're living on where the undisputed best power forward in the league is overrated. His rebounding is about where it should be for someone who spends most of his time on the perimeter.

And his passing is one of his most underrated skills. Just because he doesn't rack up assists like a guard doesn't mean he isn't a good passer. Post passing, passing out of double teams, hitting open shooters off the dribble/post-up, and swinging the ball from strong to weak side are all aspects of passing where Dirk excels. Then again I wouldn't expect someone calling Nowitzki a role player to know anything about basketball.
laugh.gif

I never said Dirk wasn't great because he is. But being average in these attributes that I highlighted in your post doesn't = greatest player in the NBA right now. He's a great offensive threat and is one of the best scorers ever but he isn't in the top 10 of all time. He's in the top 20 but because he lacks in other areas of his game especially defense he wont ever reach top 10 status.

Until I see him drop 30+ 5+ assists 5+ rebounds and lock the best player on the other team in the final seconds of the game I will refrain from giving him top 10 worthy praise.

Is this guy serious, reading through this and this guy must just be a troll
indifferent.gif

Ya top 20 of all time is just a role player according to you?
So if the Mavs played the Bulls if the Bulls had won, you would only give him praise if he locked down D-Rose?

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.
laugh.gif
  First off those first and second team all defense awards mean nothing. He's an average defender, a fine passer, average rebounder, and makes his teammates way better. I don't know what planet you're living on where the undisputed best power forward in the league is overrated. His rebounding is about where it should be for someone who spends most of his time on the perimeter.

And his passing is one of his most underrated skills. Just because he doesn't rack up assists like a guard doesn't mean he isn't a good passer. Post passing, passing out of double teams, hitting open shooters off the dribble/post-up, and swinging the ball from strong to weak side are all aspects of passing where Dirk excels. Then again I wouldn't expect someone calling Nowitzki a role player to know anything about basketball.
laugh.gif

I never said Dirk wasn't great because he is. But being average in these attributes that I highlighted in your post doesn't = greatest player in the NBA right now. He's a great offensive threat and is one of the best scorers ever but he isn't in the top 10 of all time. He's in the top 20 but because he lacks in other areas of his game especially defense he wont ever reach top 10 status.

Until I see him drop 30+ 5+ assists 5+ rebounds and lock the best player on the other team in the final seconds of the game I will refrain from giving him top 10 worthy praise.

Is this guy serious, reading through this and this guy must just be a troll
indifferent.gif

Ya top 20 of all time is just a role player according to you?
So if the Mavs played the Bulls if the Bulls had won, you would only give him praise if he locked down D-Rose?

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

30t6p3b.gif
@ This pity party going on. Eff all that "They deserve a ring". You know who deserves rings? The players on the best team in an 8 month season
mark-madsen-dancing_o_gifsoup-com.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

30t6p3b.gif
@ This pity party going on. Eff all that "They deserve a ring". You know who deserves rings? The players on the best team in an 8 month season
mark-madsen-dancing_o_gifsoup-com.gif

I was implying that the exaggerated praises are similiar, not the two players. Also, I'm not saying Dirk isn't great and my "glorified role player" phrase was my poor attempt to be satirical when describing his game.

He is great but the praise he's receving right now is exaggerated and until he wins a ring I won't think he's worthy of it. That's all I'm saying.

Ya I guess Charles, Malone, Stockton, etc. Deserve less praise because they didn't win a ring. What does 1 ring signify?
If they had joined a team as the 9th man late in their career and won a ring, would they get more praise?
And if so, why?

I was implying that the exaggerated praises are similiar, not the two players. Also, I'm not saying Dirk isn't great and my "glorified role player" phrase was my poor attempt to be satirical when describing his game.

He is great but the praise he's receving right now is exaggerated and until he wins a ring I won't think he's worthy of it. That's all I'm saying.

Ya I guess Charles, Malone, Stockton, etc. Deserve less praise because they didn't win a ring. What does 1 ring signify?
If they had joined a team as the 9th man late in their career and won a ring, would they get more praise?
And if so, why?

Back
Top Bottom