Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

Originally Posted by EvansST

^ I bring it up because that's his legacy, as of right now, in my eyes. These playoffs, though, he has been an offensive assassin and he's worthy of praise for this season. But some of it is exaggerated.

The praise he's getting reminds me when Baron Davis was getting called the best PG in the game the same year they beat the Mavs in the first round.

Until Dirk wins a ring I'm not getting caught in the moment because as great Dirk has been in his career he still is ringless.
The problem with that analogy is that Baron Davis was an All Star caliber PG but never had any consistency in his career, Dirk has been consistent his whole career and you are implying everything on 1 series about hi legacy. One Series failure does not make his career a failure or would not diminish any accomplishments he may have had in his career.

Lololol!!!

The Memphis Grizzlies are a much better 8th seed than that Warriors team in 07.

The Spurs are about to do a complete re haul of their roster because they are getting older. The catalyst of their team, Tim Duncan, is old! So I expected them to loose to Memphis.

Also Dirk was MVP and had "way better stats than Lebron that year." If he was so much better that year why did he loose in the first round?

Anyway Dirk has a chance to erase that past when the finals begin. If he does I will gladly give him praise.
yea i get it
eli manning > dan marino    
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

ps. i am a giants fan

On one hand, being from the Bay I would love to see JKidd get a ring. Dirk deserves one too IMO. Like others have said, I think both of those guys realize this is their last shot at a ring. But on the other hand, I would like to see Lebron/Wade & Bosh win (if they get past Chicago, which looks to be the case) because I don't think anyone saw them winning their first year together.Either way I really think a Dallas v. Miami matchup has the potential to be great, w/Dallas winning in 6 or 7.

On one hand, being from the Bay I would love to see JKidd get a ring. Dirk deserves one too IMO. Like others have said, I think both of those guys realize this is their last shot at a ring. But on the other hand, I would like to see Lebron/Wade & Bosh win (if they get past Chicago, which looks to be the case) because I don't think anyone saw them winning their first year together.Either way I really think a Dallas v. Miami matchup has the potential to be great, w/Dallas winning in 6 or 7.

Lololol!!!

The Memphis Grizzlies are a much better 8th seed than that Warriors team in 07.

The Spurs are about to do a complete re haul of their roster because they are getting older. The catalyst of their team, Tim Duncan, is old! So I expected them to loose to Memphis.

Also Dirk was MVP and had "way better stats than Lebron that year." If he was so much better that year why did he loose in the first round?

Anyway Dirk has a chance to erase that past when the finals begin. If he does I will gladly give him praise.
yea i get it
eli manning > dan marino    
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

ps. i am a giants fan

I was implying that the exaggerated praises are similiar, not the two players. Also, I'm not saying Dirk isn't great and my "glorified role player" phrase was my poor attempt to be satirical when describing his game.

He is great but the praise he's receving right now is exaggerated and until he wins a ring I won't think he's worthy of it. That's all I'm saying.

I was implying that the exaggerated praises are similiar, not the two players. Also, I'm not saying Dirk isn't great and my "glorified role player" phrase was my poor attempt to be satirical when describing his game.

He is great but the praise he's receving right now is exaggerated and until he wins a ring I won't think he's worthy of it. That's all I'm saying.

I like Dirk and Kidd...two of the most unique players to ever play in the NBA. Let's be real, we're probably not gonna see another player like Dirk again. A legit 7 footer that can score and shoot like a guard. We might see big men with 3-pt range like Mehmet Okur but in terms of being the overall matchup nightmare that Dirk is...forget about it. And Kidd is the purest of PGs, where else are you gonna find a legit passing PG that can control the tempo like a quarterback, rebound like a forward, and can guard the 1, 2, or 3? There's a reason why Kidd has never lost in international competition - he's the perfect PG to put on a team full of stars that plays uptempo, full court

I like Dirk and Kidd...two of the most unique players to ever play in the NBA. Let's be real, we're probably not gonna see another player like Dirk again. A legit 7 footer that can score and shoot like a guard. We might see big men with 3-pt range like Mehmet Okur but in terms of being the overall matchup nightmare that Dirk is...forget about it. And Kidd is the purest of PGs, where else are you gonna find a legit passing PG that can control the tempo like a quarterback, rebound like a forward, and can guard the 1, 2, or 3? There's a reason why Kidd has never lost in international competition - he's the perfect PG to put on a team full of stars that plays uptempo, full court

The praise to this point is not exaggerated, but without a Championship this year his memory will fringe more on being very good than great.

The majority of people in this thread simply wish to give credit where credit is due and would like to see Dirk finish out this run so that in the end, he is in fact, relevant. I see guys posting who are admitting that they haven't been Dirk and/or Mavs fans, but are really enjoying this run and the performances.

Also, let's not forget OP's initial post. Aside from Dirk, there is still a unique dynamic to this team that sways the favoritism. Kidd, Marion, Cuban, Carlisle, etc....This makes it even easier to cast a vote for the Mavs and naturally the praise goes straight to Dirk, but he circumstances surrounding this particular run (including the ultimate heels in the Heat) allow people the opportunity to root for Dirk's Mavs.

The praise to this point is not exaggerated, but without a Championship this year his memory will fringe more on being very good than great.

The majority of people in this thread simply wish to give credit where credit is due and would like to see Dirk finish out this run so that in the end, he is in fact, relevant. I see guys posting who are admitting that they haven't been Dirk and/or Mavs fans, but are really enjoying this run and the performances.

Also, let's not forget OP's initial post. Aside from Dirk, there is still a unique dynamic to this team that sways the favoritism. Kidd, Marion, Cuban, Carlisle, etc....This makes it even easier to cast a vote for the Mavs and naturally the praise goes straight to Dirk, but he circumstances surrounding this particular run (including the ultimate heels in the Heat) allow people the opportunity to root for Dirk's Mavs.

You're making things up and putting them in quotes.
laugh.gif

No one said "way better," just better.

And you keep harping on the one year Dirk underperformed in the playoffs like that's some yearly thing. 4 guys in history have averaged 25 & 10 in their playoff careers: Bob Pettit, Elgin Baylor, Hakeem, and Dirk. Pretty good company.

You're making things up and putting them in quotes.
laugh.gif

No one said "way better," just better.

And you keep harping on the one year Dirk underperformed in the playoffs like that's some yearly thing. 4 guys in history have averaged 25 & 10 in their playoff careers: Bob Pettit, Elgin Baylor, Hakeem, and Dirk. Pretty good company.

i do.

anyone but miami. and dirk/kidd/terry are playing like they found the fountain of youth.

and i'm tired of seeing john amechi screaming after every basket he makes.

i do.

anyone but miami. and dirk/kidd/terry are playing like they found the fountain of youth.

and i'm tired of seeing john amechi screaming after every basket he makes.

as much as id love to see dirk get a ring, i dont mind seeing the heat win if that happens. cuban annoys me, but i respect his passion for winning 

as much as id love to see dirk get a ring, i dont mind seeing the heat win if that happens. cuban annoys me, but i respect his passion for winning 

Back
Top Bottom