Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

I'm almost thirty years old and outside of Hakeem Olajuwon no other great player has done more with less.

To even debate this is stupid.

LeBron stans and Heat "fans" are the disease that infest the S &T section of NT.

In summation, what we've learned today is that because Dirk isn't LeBron James, he's not worthy of praise. Cool.

LeBron stans and Heat "fans" are the disease that infest the S &T section of NT.

In summation, what we've learned today is that because Dirk isn't LeBron James, he's not worthy of praise. Cool.

Want to see my boy PEJA get a 'Chip
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Either him or Bibby will be the only one with a 'Chip from that 2000-2002 Kings teams....

Want to see my boy PEJA get a 'Chip
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Either him or Bibby will be the only one with a 'Chip from that 2000-2002 Kings teams....

Dude I'm not even saying that. I gave the man his due praise but people are making it seem like he's the second coming of Bird when he's not.

Dude I'm not even saying that. I gave the man his due praise but people are making it seem like he's the second coming of Bird when he's not.

Originally Posted by EvansST

Who said he was the second coming of Bird?
laugh.gif

I'm a die hard Mavs fan from the DFW now living in AZ for the past 5 years. Honestly, the Mavs are one of if not, the least popular team in the NBA. There is no such thing as a bandwagon Mavs fan. Everybody I talk to about NBA all say they're fans of just about every playoff team but rarely do I come across a Mavs fan. Used to irk me but now I actually kind of embrace it since it kinda shows how real and legit Mavs fans are. 

I remember hanging at Buffalo Wild Wings that night of the Mavs-Lakers gm in March where things got physical. I was literally the only Mavs fan in there. Then, I had to take it from everybody; hearing how the Mavs are too soft and a bunch of pretenders. We all know how that story ended 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Then when this West Finals started, everybody in my area was rooting for the Thunder which is understandable since Durant and his crew are a young and exciting team but still no love for the Mavs. Feels damn good though to see Dirk tearing it up and pretty much pissing all over any misconceptions about him being soft and coming up short in the postseason. Granted he still has 4 more wins to get to fully shed the label but my man is just on some next level @#@ right now 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm a die hard Mavs fan from the DFW now living in AZ for the past 5 years. Honestly, the Mavs are one of if not, the least popular team in the NBA. There is no such thing as a bandwagon Mavs fan. Everybody I talk to about NBA all say they're fans of just about every playoff team but rarely do I come across a Mavs fan. Used to irk me but now I actually kind of embrace it since it kinda shows how real and legit Mavs fans are. 

I remember hanging at Buffalo Wild Wings that night of the Mavs-Lakers gm in March where things got physical. I was literally the only Mavs fan in there. Then, I had to take it from everybody; hearing how the Mavs are too soft and a bunch of pretenders. We all know how that story ended 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Then when this West Finals started, everybody in my area was rooting for the Thunder which is understandable since Durant and his crew are a young and exciting team but still no love for the Mavs. Feels damn good though to see Dirk tearing it up and pretty much pissing all over any misconceptions about him being soft and coming up short in the postseason. Granted he still has 4 more wins to get to fully shed the label but my man is just on some next level @#@ right now 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Who said he was the second coming of Bird?
laugh.gif

You were thinking it. And please don't pretend you know anything about Larry Bird.

Until I see him drop 30+ 5+ assists 5+ rebounds and lock the bestplayer on the other team in the final seconds of the game I willrefrain from giving him top 10 worthy praise.
Translation: Unless he's LeBron I'll refrain from praising him. This despite the fact that Dirk has been just as good, if not better than LeBron these playoffs.

You were thinking it. And please don't pretend you know anything about Larry Bird.

Until I see him drop 30+ 5+ assists 5+ rebounds and lock the bestplayer on the other team in the final seconds of the game I willrefrain from giving him top 10 worthy praise.
Translation: Unless he's LeBron I'll refrain from praising him. This despite the fact that Dirk has been just as good, if not better than LeBron these playoffs.

How many people have said he's the second coming of Bird?

How many people aside from Rick Carlisle have said he's Top 10 all-time?

In this very thread, you've said he's a glorified role player, he's exclusively a scorer and does NOTHING else well on a basketball court, and he's a Top 20 player of all-time...

How many people have said he's the second coming of Bird?

How many people aside from Rick Carlisle have said he's Top 10 all-time?

In this very thread, you've said he's a glorified role player, he's exclusively a scorer and does NOTHING else well on a basketball court, and he's a Top 20 player of all-time...

Wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Dirk a top 20 player of all time?????

What are these stupid words I just read on this page?

I'm outta here

I can't take this

Wtfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Dirk a top 20 player of all time?????

What are these stupid words I just read on this page?

I'm outta here

I can't take this

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by JD617

Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.
laugh.gif

Lebron's numbers weren't as good as Dirk's in '07, plus his team won 17 less games in the weaker conference. That MVP is in the right hands.
Stop it. LeBron had better numbers.
Did he?

2jadz74.jpg

I'll take 25 & 9 with 50/42/90 shooting percentages.
grin.gif

Also note that he did this in 5 less minutes per game than Lebron, which is reflected in the per 36 minutes numbers.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by JD617

Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.
laugh.gif

Lebron's numbers weren't as good as Dirk's in '07, plus his team won 17 less games in the weaker conference. That MVP is in the right hands.
Stop it. LeBron had better numbers.
Did he?

2jadz74.jpg

I'll take 25 & 9 with 50/42/90 shooting percentages.
grin.gif

Also note that he did this in 5 less minutes per game than Lebron, which is reflected in the per 36 minutes numbers.

I wouldn't mind Dirk, Marion, and Kidd getting a ring, but I sure as hell don't want Stevenson and Terry winning one. At this point, I think the latter sentiment outweighs the former. 
grin.gif

I wouldn't mind Dirk, Marion, and Kidd getting a ring, but I sure as hell don't want Stevenson and Terry winning one. At this point, I think the latter sentiment outweighs the former. 
grin.gif

who said he is equal to bird?
dirk is having a great play offs and people are merely acknowledging his performance

you are just hating cuz he is getting the recognition he deserves

who said he is equal to bird?
dirk is having a great play offs and people are merely acknowledging his performance

you are just hating cuz he is getting the recognition he deserves

Back
Top Bottom