Any other non-Mavs fan want to see the Mavericks win it all this season?

I'm just tryna see J. Kidd win one because thats my fave ball player of all time and I wouldn't be mad at Dirk getting a ring either. he's put in a lot work.

I hate the Heat but my gut feeling before the CF's was they'll beat the Mavs in the finals

Originally Posted by EvansST

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Nope because the Dirk hype is going to go past hyperbole.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.
30t6p3b.gif

What are you watching out there?

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.
have you even been watching the playoffs this year? Dirk is better than he's ever been right now.. none of that stuff you're saying applies to the present-day Dirk Nowitzki.
i just don't want the Heat to win, thats all. if the Bulls make the finals i wouldnt care either way, but Kidd getting a ring would be awesome. 

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Nah there was talent on that 2006 team

Jason Terry
Josh Howard (a all-star the next year)
Devin Harris (all-star 2009)

All were not "scrubs."
That '06 team sucked. This team right now is clearly better and it's still not very good.
I agree.

Like I said if they win it all this year I will believe the Dirk praise.

Announcers are now saying things like "that's a Dirk shot" when Durant or others shoot.

Dirk is a great offensive scorer but in my eyes a glorified role player. He can't play defense, can't rebound, can't pass, doesn't make his teammates better, only shoot.
30t6p3b.gif

Maybe glorified role player is a little much because I agree that he's the greatest big man shooter ever but lets be real Dirk aint playing great on both sides of the ball.

Dirk is never a first team or even second team defense player, he's not a great passer, great rebounder, and he doesn't make his teammates better.

I seen this dude get punked by the 8th seeded Warriors in the 1st round! Also he was MVP that year when it should have been Lebron.

If he beats Miami this year I may revoke my statement of him being a little overrated but until then I stand by it.
have you even been watching the playoffs this year? Dirk is better than he's ever been right now.. none of that stuff you're saying applies to the present-day Dirk Nowitzki.
i just don't want the Heat to win, thats all. if the Bulls make the finals i wouldnt care either way, but Kidd getting a ring would be awesome. 

Jason Terry

All were not "scrubs."
That '06 team sucked. This team right now is clearly better and it's still not very good.
I agree.

Like I said if they win it all this year I will believe the Dirk praise.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
  First off those first and second team all defense awards mean nothing. He's an average defender, a fine passer, average rebounder, and makes his teammates way better. I don't know what planet you're living on where the undisputed best power forward in the league is overrated. His rebounding is about where it should be for someone who spends most of his time on the perimeter.

And his passing is one of his most underrated skills. Just because he doesn't rack up assists like a guard doesn't mean he isn't a good passer. Post passing, passing out of double teams, hitting open shooters off the dribble/post-up, and swinging the ball from strong to weak side are all aspects of passing where Dirk excels. Then again I wouldn't expect someone calling Nowitzki a role player to know anything about basketball.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
  First off those first and second team all defense awards mean nothing. He's an average defender, a fine passer, average rebounder, and makes his teammates way better. I don't know what planet you're living on where the undisputed best power forward in the league is overrated. His rebounding is about where it should be for someone who spends most of his time on the perimeter.

And his passing is one of his most underrated skills. Just because he doesn't rack up assists like a guard doesn't mean he isn't a good passer. Post passing, passing out of double teams, hitting open shooters off the dribble/post-up, and swinging the ball from strong to weak side are all aspects of passing where Dirk excels. Then again I wouldn't expect someone calling Nowitzki a role player to know anything about basketball.

Just so the Heat lose on the big stage. Not confident in it happening though.

Yeah, he's now carried a bunch of scrubs to a Finals appearance TWICE because he only does one thing well and doesn't make people better.

Dude please dont act like Chicago fans and claim that he has scrubs and CARRIED them to the Finals.
This is a legit TEAM.

JA the only respectable Dallas fan.

Just so the Heat lose on the big stage. Not confident in it happening though.

Yeah, he's now carried a bunch of scrubs to a Finals appearance TWICE because he only does one thing well and doesn't make people better.

Dude please dont act like Chicago fans and claim that he has scrubs and CARRIED them to the Finals.
This is a legit TEAM.

JA the only respectable Dallas fan.

30t6p3b.gif

Give the guy credit for once,i mean come on he's been doing his thing the rest of his career, consecutive 50 win seasons, playoff averages of  25+pts/game and 10+rebs in his career! only 3 other guys have accomplished such feat.

30t6p3b.gif

Give the guy credit for once,i mean come on he's been doing his thing the rest of his career, consecutive 50 win seasons, playoff averages of  25+pts/game and 10+rebs in his career! only 3 other guys have accomplished such feat.

Jason Terry

All were not "scrubs."
They're not scrubs but definitely not championship-winning supporting players. 99% of the time, in order to win a championship a team needs two Top-5 position players. Go back to the MJ/Pippen days. Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol, Shaq/Wade (Shaq was still a top-5 center in 2006 despite him getting older), KG, Pierce, and Ray in 2008. The exception being the 2004 Pistons and maybe some of the Spurs championship teams but Parker and Ginobili will be Hall of Famers someday. That's why Dirk doesn't have a ring and it's why LeBron and Dwight have had trouble too. Jason Terry has had a nice career as a combo guard but he's pretty much John Starks to Patrick Ewing, Mo Williams to LeBron. Josh Howard had a few good years but he started to become irrelevant before he even reached the age of 30. Definitely not championship caliber. Devin Harris was the one guy I thought they should have kept but he was only a role player on the 2006 team and definitely not the 20 ppg scorer he became with the Nets.

The one year they finally have a fringe top-5 center in Chandler, they've got a chance to win it all now. Chandler might be borderline top-5 overall but he's definitely a top-5 defensive center.Still don't know if it's enough to overcome the Heat's Big Three but you can see what kind of a difference having two top-5 position players has on a team.

Jason Terry

All were not "scrubs."
They're not scrubs but definitely not championship-winning supporting players. 99% of the time, in order to win a championship a team needs two Top-5 position players. Go back to the MJ/Pippen days. Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Gasol, Shaq/Wade (Shaq was still a top-5 center in 2006 despite him getting older), KG, Pierce, and Ray in 2008. The exception being the 2004 Pistons and maybe some of the Spurs championship teams but Parker and Ginobili will be Hall of Famers someday. That's why Dirk doesn't have a ring and it's why LeBron and Dwight have had trouble too. Jason Terry has had a nice career as a combo guard but he's pretty much John Starks to Patrick Ewing, Mo Williams to LeBron. Josh Howard had a few good years but he started to become irrelevant before he even reached the age of 30. Definitely not championship caliber. Devin Harris was the one guy I thought they should have kept but he was only a role player on the 2006 team and definitely not the 20 ppg scorer he became with the Nets.

The one year they finally have a fringe top-5 center in Chandler, they've got a chance to win it all now. Chandler might be borderline top-5 overall but he's definitely a top-5 defensive center.Still don't know if it's enough to overcome the Heat's Big Three but you can see what kind of a difference having two top-5 position players has on a team.

Back
Top Bottom