Angelina Jolie to play Cleopatra Vol. smh

Maybe they cast her because she agreed to be topless and get pounded in the film.  I would cast her everytime.  
pimp.gif

These movie execs want a big name in every movie.  Even though movie stars don't always mean hit movies anymore.  Moviegoers are getting smarter and want quality movies instead.

Maybe they cast her because she agreed to be topless and get pounded in the film.  I would cast her everytime.  
pimp.gif

These movie execs want a big name in every movie.  Even though movie stars don't always mean hit movies anymore.  Moviegoers are getting smarter and want quality movies instead.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

So the Ptolemies were black now?
tired.gif
This.

I don't get the controversy. Hollywood has a history of taking roles away from minorities and giving them to white people but this isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

So the Ptolemies were black now?
tired.gif
This.

I don't get the controversy. Hollywood has a history of taking roles away from minorities and giving them to white people but this isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Y'all do know that Cleopatra was Macedonian and not Egyptian/African, right? So she should look Albanian/Greek/Bulgarian/serbian/etc.

Sooooo why exactly would Angela Basset make sense? Who looks more Macedonian? Angela Bassett or Angelina Jolie?

Cleopatra should be more fair skinned...

Came in to say this. I actually think Angelina Jolie is a pretty decent choice.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Y'all do know that Cleopatra was Macedonian and not Egyptian/African, right? So she should look Albanian/Greek/Bulgarian/serbian/etc.

Sooooo why exactly would Angela Basset make sense? Who looks more Macedonian? Angela Bassett or Angelina Jolie?

Cleopatra should be more fair skinned...

Came in to say this. I actually think Angelina Jolie is a pretty decent choice.

so they adopt some black babies and now she in the Black Fraternity. lol.....but real talk, not surprising by Hollywood though. But Cleo was Greek though

so they adopt some black babies and now she in the Black Fraternity. lol.....but real talk, not surprising by Hollywood though. But Cleo was Greek though

roll.gif
@ NTers assuming anything to do with Egypt is exclusively associated with "black" people.  

Cleopatra VII Philopator (in Greek, Κλεοπάτ

roll.gif
@ NTers assuming anything to do with Egypt is exclusively associated with "black" people.  

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

roll.gif

That is where it all started. NT please pick up a book, google is your best friend
pimp.gif

roll.gif

That is where it all started. NT please pick up a book, google is your best friend
pimp.gif

I doubt Cleopatra "looked black"

A lot of those royal lines married within themselves (
sick.gif
) so she probably looked like your average person of Greek ancestry

Hollywood does this %+++ a lot but this is not one of those cases

I doubt Cleopatra "looked black"

A lot of those royal lines married within themselves (
sick.gif
) so she probably looked like your average person of Greek ancestry

Hollywood does this %+++ a lot but this is not one of those cases

Originally Posted by got shoes

roll.gif

pimp.gif
At some point, I think Egypt was ruled by dark Africans but Egypt went through many ethnic changes as a result of migration and being conquered.

Originally Posted by got shoes

roll.gif

pimp.gif
At some point, I think Egypt was ruled by dark Africans but Egypt went through many ethnic changes as a result of migration and being conquered.

Originally Posted by BTK

replacing the main with a white person. 
mad.gif
This fact angers the living the %%#+ out of me. I mean seriously there are thousands of great minority actors that would better fit this part.
smh.gif

whats next? A Harriet Tubman movie with Julia Roberts as the lead?

-The Juice

Originally Posted by BTK

replacing the main with a white person. 
mad.gif
This fact angers the living the %%#+ out of me. I mean seriously there are thousands of great minority actors that would better fit this part.
smh.gif

whats next? A Harriet Tubman movie with Julia Roberts as the lead?

-The Juice

She's an A list actress who brings in more money than most other actresses in Hollywood. Bottom line.

Maybe you're the one with racist feelings.

She's an A list actress who brings in more money than most other actresses in Hollywood. Bottom line.

Maybe you're the one with racist feelings.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by Stixx

I remember awhile back I read that someone wanted to make a black James Bond...Will Smith & Jamie Foxx were mentioned 2 play the role...
Wud u b mad if they did that?
When everyone knows that James Bond was a white English/British man...

Who cares as long as she does the role justice...

In the books he was Scottish - but working in London. There weren't many black people in Scotland at that time. There still aren't many now.
Idris Elba would be one of the most badass James Bond choices ever.

By the way, Egyptians =/= Black. My entire family is completely egyptian, and a good deal of my fam has very light skin, as do most of the Egyptians I know.

Back
Top Bottom