Angelina Jolie to play Cleopatra Vol. smh

^Oh word?
I always thought that Angela had a queen like aura about her.That's too bad.

^Oh word?
I always thought that Angela had a queen like aura about her.That's too bad.

Y'all do know that Cleopatra was Macedonian and not Egyptian/African, right? So she should look Albanian/Greek/Bulgarian/serbian/etc.

Sooooo why exactly would Angela Basset make sense? Who looks more Macedonian? Angela Bassett or Angelina Jolie?

Cleopatra should be more fair skinned...

Y'all do know that Cleopatra was Macedonian and not Egyptian/African, right? So she should look Albanian/Greek/Bulgarian/serbian/etc.

Sooooo why exactly would Angela Basset make sense? Who looks more Macedonian? Angela Bassett or Angelina Jolie?

Cleopatra was never black
laugh.gif

How come people claim to want to live in a world where color of skin were never an issue, but then feel the need to make it an issue whenever they have an opportunity to complain about something?

How come people claim to want to live in a world where color of skin were never an issue, but then feel the need to make it an issue whenever they have an opportunity to complain about something?

I think what ppl are trying 2 say is why cast her & not some Egyptian actress as Cleopatra but I guess some are correct bout it making more money like how they got Jake to play Prince of Persia or what we call it Prince of Pennsylvania

I think what ppl are trying 2 say is why cast her & not some Egyptian actress as Cleopatra but I guess some are correct bout it making more money like how they got Jake to play Prince of Persia or what we call it Prince of Pennsylvania

Originally Posted by dreClark

I understand your argument. I wouldn't want either or those choices. I'm wondering why they didn't find an actress of Middle Eastern descent. I would like more diversity when it comes to my movies. I know why they cast her but movie stars don't matter as much now of days compared to the 80s or 90s and Jolie is not a guaranteed box office draw. She only has two types in her roles: either as a Tomb Raider action type and the seductress thing she did in Alexander and Beowulf. So I don't know why they would cast her other than to get financing.

I understand your argument. I wouldn't want either or those choices. I'm wondering why they didn't find an actress of Middle Eastern descent. I would like more diversity when it comes to my movies. I know why they cast her but movie stars don't matter as much now of days compared to the 80s or 90s and Jolie is not a guaranteed box office draw. She only has two types in her roles: either as a Tomb Raider action type and the seductress thing she did in Alexander and Beowulf. So I don't know why they would cast her other than to get financing.

Originally Posted by Bugz moran

Originally Posted by Bugz moran

Back
Top Bottom