Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady Vol. #1 in Orlando

I agree that Penny was either the team you build around or a pivotal piece in a championship team. He couldve gotten a title with Yao. Mcgrady could not get out of the 1st round. Dont misconstrue this as me bashing Mcgrady. People in my neighborhood stopped listening to me when I said he was a better prospect than VC back in their TO days. The problem was he had all-around skills but seemed to always exert himself one-dimensionally when he was the star of a team.

I agree that Penny was either the team you build around or a pivotal piece in a championship team. He couldve gotten a title with Yao. Mcgrady could not get out of the 1st round. Dont misconstrue this as me bashing Mcgrady. People in my neighborhood stopped listening to me when I said he was a better prospect than VC back in their TO days. The problem was he had all-around skills but seemed to always exert himself one-dimensionally when he was the star of a team.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by realtalkjohnny

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

And TMAC wasn't an all-around player?
grin.gif
nope
come on johnny...lets have a realtalk
laugh.gif
 i respect tmacs game but i just didnt see his creativity of making plays compared to penny...

Originally Posted by anotherprodigy

laugh.gif
Penny couldn't even get a title with Shaq. 

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You do understand that your hypothetical statements can't be taken seriously right? So please stop making them

You do understand that your hypothetical statements can't be taken seriously right? So please stop making them

Like I said man, people are just throwing that Penny/Defense nonsense out there because they KNOW nobody really remembers. So that is why I am ignoring it for what its worth.

I wish Penny didn't have a doll, Tyra Banks, Steve Urkel, and great shoes and maybe this would be an unbiased discussion.

so true
laugh.gif

Like I said man, people are just throwing that Penny/Defense nonsense out there because they KNOW nobody really remembers. So that is why I am ignoring it for what its worth.

I wish Penny didn't have a doll, Tyra Banks, Steve Urkel, and great shoes and maybe this would be an unbiased discussion.

so true
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Penny has won more playoff games in his short career than Tmac will in his entire life, so...
So what? Is that what we use to determine which individual talent was better? Or is that what we would use when determining which player played on better TEAMS.

I am not seeing your point honestly.

Originally Posted by proper english

Penny has won more playoff games in his short career than Tmac will in his entire life, so...
So what? Is that what we use to determine which individual talent was better? Or is that what we would use when determining which player played on better TEAMS.

I am not seeing your point honestly.

Yeah, that's a fair point.
eyes.gif

One guy played with one of the most dominant players of all time and the other didn't.

After Shaq left Orlando, Penny won one more playoff series the rest of his career, and that was with Jason Kidd in his prime against a Spurs team that lost Duncan for the season a few weeks before the playoffs started.

Yeah, that's a fair point.
eyes.gif

One guy played with one of the most dominant players of all time and the other didn't.

After Shaq left Orlando, Penny won one more playoff series the rest of his career, and that was with Jason Kidd in his prime against a Spurs team that lost Duncan for the season a few weeks before the playoffs started.

Back
Top Bottom