Andre 3000 has just spit the verse of the year...

Yo...

3k's verse is nice. Very nice. But that guitar is unforgivably bad. A small step up from Wayne's guitar ability.

Jay's 3 Kings verse is average and not special.

I do like the 3 stacks verse a lot, but I am waiting for an album before I put him as one of the top rappers in the game.. Imagine if Hov or anybody else only came out with a verse every 6 months? 
mean.gif

the guitar part is dope as hell to me. I love distortion and electric guitars and amps and all that.

great song idea, great execution. this is a andre song narrated by rick ross.

I do like the 3 stacks verse a lot, but I am waiting for an album before I put him as one of the top rappers in the game.. Imagine if Hov or anybody else only came out with a verse every 6 months? :smh:

It seems like he's been more relevant now than in the past couple of years. .The Kesha track, the Beyonce track, Jeezy, Rawse, Frank Ocean, BOB......he's put some work in.

Meh, I wasn't feelin it. The entire song actually. I'll just act like a didn't even hear that solo.

To me though, just because you spit a long 2 min verse doesn't mean it's great. A lot of the time I feel rappers go for 2 min and folks think it's legendary.

the guitar part is dope as hell to me. I love distortion and electric guitars and amps and all that.

I know it's your opinion and all, but you seriously thought that was a good solo? That was complete garbage. One of the worst guitar solos on a major release in any genre. Seriously. :lol:

i just heard it today and fell in love with it... guitar solo was pretty bad tho... i LOL'd when Ross was like "AMAZING!"

Meh, I wasn't feelin it. The entire song actually. I'll just act like a didn't even hear that solo.
To me though, just because you spit a long 2 min verse doesn't mean it's great. A lot of the time I feel rappers go for 2 min and folks think it's legendary.

Sounds like half of Take Care, Thank Me Later, and loads of Wayne verses to me.

Dre has always been a beast so this didn't really stand out to me but some dudes r just goin to far w/ it. I was on youtube & a dude was like he might be better than eminem

lol andre 3000 dropped REAL LIFE RAP. He said the hood psudeo celebrates that right there is probably the realest thing that has come out of popular rap this year. Anyone can rap about how much money and cars they got Hovs verse is just childs play.

This is the worst "verse of the year" thread ever. Can anyone even verify all of his lyrics? No one has explained what makes this verse so great. I'm not saying it isn't, but it's mostly because Dre gives his verses with "style" to ears that have been trained to listen for "swag." To me ATLiens/Aquemeni "Dre" >>>>>>> 3 Stacks>>>>>> Most rappers at any point in there careers. All day, er' day. But I hold Dre to a higher standard and I still think he still has a lot to prove as a solo artist. He seems primed, but I'm waiting patiently to see where this goes. Nas is on fire right now, so I'm pretty sure the verse of the year has come or will come from him.

This is the worst "verse of the year" thread ever. Can anyone even verify all of his lyrics? No one has explained what makes this verse so great. I'm not saying it isn't, but it's mostly because Dre gives his verses with "style" to ears that have been trained to listen for "swag." To me ATLiens/Aquemeni "Dre" >>>>>>> 3 Stacks>>>>>> Most rappers at any point in there careers. All day, er' day. But I hold Dre to a higher standard and I still think he still has a lot to prove as a solo artist. He seems primed, but I'm waiting patiently to see where this goes. Nas is on fire right now, so I'm pretty sure the verse of the year has come or will come from him.

:rofl: :rofl: @ Camel warrior, the ish yall come up with for us Jay fans is crazy.

Catch me in the desert then cuz I got Hov in that #1 All Time spot, but i gotta admit that 3 kings verse was extra mediocre... heard it while driving and i was like oh let me hear my boy Hov go in .....and after its over i was disappointed like dam not 1 damb was given, he officially mailed that $#!+ in and i hope that pattern doesnt continue.

Im with the yall on this 1 tho Andre put this track in a bag, straight zipped it up...once i heard it i rushed home and burned this and a few others to a CD for the car and i havent done that in years.

Y'all in here talking about his verse, I'm more mad at the fact Andre's guitar playing is garbage.
For someone who's been playing since 02-03, that's damn near unacceptable to still be playing out of key.

First, I wish there was some type of analysis on the verses.

As for the second part I can't help but agree. I heard about these "lessons" he started taking. He inspired me to pick a guitar late in life. All I really learned was "Take off your cool." Sounds like we got to the same level. :lol:

Last edited:
Jay-z verse was almost like that verse on the Ha! Juvenile remix - weak
Although Mr. 3 stacks did his thing, Nas killed it with that triple beam verse...:x:x

Back
Top Bottom