and we're done

They already got paid, they're the favorites to win a second straight championship, and they're having fun, I'm not predicting the fall of the Heat anytime soon.

I don't think a lot of people understand what the new CBA is going to do to teams like Miami. You guys need to look at it in a micro sense.

Lebron, Bosh and Wade all took pay cuts to come play together. In reality, Lebron is heavily UNDERPAID if you consider the kind of production he brings in respect to his contract. Lebron knows it, the Heat know it and anyone who's familiar with the current NBA salary cap landscape knows that he can make a HELL of a LOT more money in his next re-up and will take it.

Only way Lebron stays in Miami is if Wade and Bosh both take a pay-cut. My guess is that Wade will take one, because he's on the decline and his health is going to catch up to him.

Bosh on the other hand will not. Dallas is going to offer him a MAX deal and he will take it. Dude's ego is probably taking the biggest hit too. Like I've said before, he's probably knows as the "lesser" superstar amongst the big three. You know he's out to prove his worth.

You guys can put me on record saying that the Heat will NOT have a "super team" after 2014. Monetarily, logically and emotionally it all makes sense.

I can guarantee that this topic will pick up SERIOUS headway half way into next season. Very few people know about what's about to happen, because ESPN hasn't touched on this topic yet.

Last edited:
I could see it going either way for the Heat to be honest. On one hand yes they all have mad money so why not take less to keep trying to win Championships. But at the same time. They have their title already, and Wade prolly only has 1 more big payday left in him. Bron and Bosh easily have 2 or 3 3 year contracts left in them barring any kind of bad injury. So they could wait it out but idk if Wade can

I could easily see Wade going somewhere else for that payday. And if he leaves, what reason does Bron have to stay when he could try to patch things up with Cleveland. IDK what Bron is thinking. But is Miami where he wants to make his legacy? Bosh would prolly stick around with a Max. But him as the star isnt anything to worry about.

Its all Wade's decision. If he stays they stay. If he leaves its prolly over.

Last edited:
I think you're confusing people not knowing about it with people knowing about it and just disagreeing your prediction of Bosh taking a max and leaving.

I know the CBA, I know the contract situation, and I know what I read when I'm in Miami.

But I'm with BigJ, that Heat team will not dismantle themselves anytime soon. You'd be a certified fool to even come close to guaranteeing such a thing. 2014 is one year from now, assuming everything goes to "plan", the Heat would be fresh off a 3-peat. They took payouts before to make history and that's exactly what they're going try to continue doing, until there contracts run out in 2016.

Now in 2016, you'd have a better argument, but please, spare the guarantees homie. I'm more worried about who the Knicks can pick up in these upcoming summers to go against and stop the Heat, rather than just assume they'll dismantle themselves.

Last edited:
Mickey Alison is stupid wealthy. Not rich. Wealthy. He won't break them up. Now bosh couuld def leave. That's not under the owners contro though

Mickey Alison is stupid wealthy. Not rich. Wealthy. He won't break them up. Now bosh couuld def leave. That's not under the owners contro though
Yup, dumb wealthy. Doesn't care about making money. He cares about making history, that's exactly why he's kept Pat Riley on his lap for the past 20 years. Dude is trying to turn the Heat into the Lakers of the East Coast, Pat Riley's mind with Arrison's IDGAF attitude about money. Trying to completely copy the Laker blueprint. That's there goal.

That's why I don't go on cruises and never will, I'm not paying Arrison a dime. Do not condone.

Just to give you an example of how crippling it would be to keep this big three if all of them got max deals:

The Salary Cap would increase from $58.04m to $69.65m and the Luxury Tax threshold would increase from $70.3m to $84.4m.

Lebron is eligible to get a contract of 5 years worth $115 million. Wade and Bosh are all eligible for the same deal. If this happens, that means in the beginning of the 2014-2015 season, all three of those players will account for around $69 million.

Now if you add the current Heat roster whose contracts are present in 2014-2015....

Miami still has an amnesty left, and they will probably use it on Miller. So, $4.2 million will be on the books with Joel Anthony's $3.8 million and Norris Cole's $2.15 million.

If my math is right, that means the Heat roster will have a salary of $79.15 million without even resigning Battier, Ray Allen or Birdman. Let's say they keep them all for the minimum that's another $4.2 million which brings the grand total of $83.35 million BEFORE they sign any rookies. Adding rookie contracts, that would be another $1.2 million depending on if they keep the 1st round pick. That would be the total years salary to around $85 million.

$85 million would bring them past the Luxury Tax Threshold and the Heat would have to pay around $46.05 Million ($85 million-$69.65 million=15.35x3= $46.05) THE HEAT WOULD PAY FOR THE YEAR!!!

That also means Arison is paying close to $130 million just for the roster :lol:

I don't care how wealthy you are, no one in their right minds is going to do that. He makes an annual net income of around $300 million a year (Insider info shhhh :lol: ) I've been around rich folk at work and know some rich folks personally, no way is someone putting in HALF of his income into an NBA team that barely makes a profit :lol: Especially with this revenue sharing business, Arison isn't making the bank you'd think he'd make with this team. Dude is worth $4.7 billion, don't forget that's not how much he has in his pocket, that account for all his assets. Which means not all of it is liquid and hasn't matured to it's full worth. Dude probably has around a good $2.2-2.7 billion liquid.

There is little to NO chance this team can be sustained past 2014. Only possibility is if they all take pay-cuts AGAIN. Which is VERY unlikely.

Lebron isn't going to take another pay-cut and neither will Bosh. They only dude who will this time is Wade and that's because his production will diminish so far down that he'll have no other choice. Bosh will take the max deal and go to Dallas. He want's to prove himself and he will.

I say Lebron goes to Cleveland again or wherever Howard goes.

Last edited:
He's been out since March 9th, which is a full month. He was projected to miss about 6 weeks, so he should be back around when the playoffs start. Which is coincidentally in 2 weeks :lol:

^ :lol:

I don't get all the talk about the Heat's cap situation in this thread. Seriously why is any fan in here concerned with what the Miami Heat are doing or will be doing in the future?!

^
laugh.gif

I don't get all the talk about the Heat's cap situation in this thread. Seriously why is any fan in here concerned with what the Miami Heat are doing or will be doing in the future?!
we got some heat fans on the low.  its like they r completely unaware of the history between these two franchises.  

^ :lol:

Ummm Because it directly effects us?

Exactly. No1 is forgetting that we are on a 12 game win streak. Or that our magic number for locking up the 2 seed is 3 and the division is 1. But its not like we are wondering what the Bobcats are going to do this offseason or the next.

If you want to talk directly about the Knicks. I dont want to see Amare on the court for extended minutes unless he learned to play D. Id rather his minutes go to K Mart and Cope because Cope learned to play a little defense with all that rotting on the bench he was doing early in the season. And he spreads the floor. And K Mart's offense is the same if not more than Amare because he crashes boards and his defense is infinity times better than Amare.

The guy was great when he was an offensive monster. But his offense now doesnt compensate for how bad of a defender he is. He would rather let his man go past him and try to make up the ground for a chase block than move his feet and stay infront of his man and defend.

That may work now because Tyson and K Mart can be aggressive and help on those plays because we have depth now. But I still think his minutes could be used better elsewhere.

He needs an extremely short leash at this point if he's healthy for the post-season. See if he gives you a spark on offense against Boston or Indiana (which very well may be needed) if he doesn't have it - no big deal, 10-15 minutes and that's it. He's in a groove, I'd let him go. I'm not sure he helps this team vs Miami at all.

I just hope woody doesn't put Tyson on bosh for extended minutes. He gives him fits. I honestly think amare does better against bosh

I bet Kenyon can handle bosh the best. Copeland has the physical tools to bother him too. Great length. Pause.

The whole season we've ben clowned for being "old" "too slow" "not athletic", blah, blah, blah, and we at 50. :pimp:

12 game winning streak, murked out the Heat, OKC, and the Spurs, and get no attention on ESPN. If we have Amare, Sheed, Kurt, and Kenyon for the playoffs, it will be the Miracle on 33rd St. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom