and we're done

I'm really hoping his relationship with the guys on the team and Woody keep him here.:\

What's our situation with him? We haven't got his early bird rights yet? Can we offer him the full mid-level?

Carmelo Anthony scored a team-high 24 points in the Knicks' win over the Celtics on Sunday. The numbers were hard to miss.

On the white board in a back corner of the Knicks' locker room, "50" was written in blue marker, big enough for everyone to see.

Under the number was the word "goal" -- written in big blue letters.

Nothing subtle about it.

"Anytime you can get 50 wins in a season, it's huge," Kenyon Martin said. "We're trying."

The Knicks haven't won 50 games in 12 seasons, but they are well within reach after Sunday's win over Boston.

And Rasheed Wallace wanted his teammates to know it after the win.

So he sent the message by writing it on the white board during the Knicks' win over the Celtics game.

"We came in here and that was up there," Steve Novak said. "Once we were in the huddle and broke (Wallace) kind of stopped everybody and said, 'Hey, the 50's up there' and he explained it. He's right."

The Knicks have 46 wins with 10 games to play. Of course, no one in the Knick locker room would be satisfied with a 4-6 finish to the season.

But 50 wins would be a significant accomplishment for a franchise that floundered for most of the 2000s.

"It means a lot," Raymond Felton said. "To have guys out like we do and have guys banged up throughout the year to get a 50-win season is really big and says a lot for our team."

I'm really hoping his relationship with the guys on the team and Woody keep him here.:\

What's our situation with him? We haven't got his early bird rights yet? Can we offer him the full mid-level?

No bird rights, player has to be on a team contractually for 3-4 years before Bird rights. Our situation? Who knows.

Maybe we can trade Camby, Novak, or Kidd when the seasons over, get more money to sign JR. JR is def going to want 7-10 million per year for a couple years.

Then again, it's JR Smith, he lost 2 million dollars in China because he couldn't follow simple rules. He could surprise us and not care about the money. I doubt it tho, JR is def the type of dude you know can go broke when his career is over, he needs to cash in. I'm sure his agent will tell him that much.

JR is definitely going where the money is

knicks gotta be ready

I rather not be thinking about this now, though

Last edited:
The only thing that helps us retain JR is the fact that he's become a house hold name since coming to NY, he has to know that's its because its NY.

Outside endorsements can compensate for any money he leaves on the table.

Yea, I don't think there's anywhere else he wants to play, and Ion think he's trying to break the bank on us...

Can it just be playoffs already?

Last edited:
:nerd:

I can see a t.v. Show. Fashion/modeling gigs, guest appearances.....

....club hosting? :lol:

Iono...

That nonsense won't equal the 7 million dollars he could make extra, each year with a different team. Fashion/modeling? Club Hosting? A TV show? Really bro? Since when is he the type of star to be marketed like that? Haha

Maybe you can catch JR doing voice overs for Queens Blvd Certified Pre-Owned Toyota Center on the ESPN radio or Hot97 in the future, but my man, thats where the line is drawn.

Last edited:
I really meant reality show.

And the rest was just thrown in as fillers.

But I can definitely see high end designers wanting to use JR in shows.

I'm not full heartedly believing he could make up 7+ mil in endorsements, but NY can make JR a legend if he's loyal, playing at this level and here for long enough.

That nonsense won't equal the 7 million dollars he could make extra, each year with a different team. Fashion/modeling? Club Hosting? A TV show? Really bro? Since when is he the type of star to be marketed like that? Haha

Maybe you can catch JR doing voice overs for Queens Blvd Certified Pre-Owned Toyota Center on the ESPN radio or Hot97 in the future, but my man, thats where the line is drawn.

:rofl: Teddy Nissan, the huggable dealer. SAS pushes that **** hard. :lol:

I have a random question are we still paying bibby and baron? Cuz I saw they were fa on march 29

Can't see us paying Bibby still. Don't know what the hell Baron is doing, he might be getting paid because he's always around.

I'm fine with cutting James White and having Baron suit up for the playoffs :lol:

Last edited:
or we can just have some cake

then prostitutes jump out for an orgy

You wouldn't be able to get Chris Paul under any circumstance.

You guys can't do a Sign and Trade. And whatever team he signs with, will not trade him in the first seasons of the deal...

Only way to sign CP3 is to unload on the cap that's tied up. Or you can offer CP3 $1 million or whatever his minimum is this year and give him $30 million the following year :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom