and we're done

It's either J.R. or James White lol. And I highly doubt James White is starter material at this point, so get ready for crossovers to nowhere and stepback j's from 20 feet out :pimp:

But in all seriousness, J.R. will be alright.

Last edited:
I honestly don't mind JR starting. Dudes paid his dues and is talented enough. If he can maintain his defensive effort and intensity from last year and tone down the jacking since he'll be in the game long enough to not worry about getting his shots and touches it can work out.

I'm gunna be a typical offseason super optimistic fan and proclaim that this will be the year he finally puts it together and reaches his all-star level potential :pimp: :lol:

And while I'm at it:

Amare will start playing defense and getting rebounds

Novak will make shots off the dribble

Shump won't miss a step when he gets back

Jeremy Lin will be the d-league mvp

Camby Thomas Kidd and Sheed won't just be "locker room guys"

Lebron will get a minor injury that will keep him out for only the extent of the Knicks-Heat series

We're running all-star weekend Novak 3 pt contest, Flight White dunk, trick shot Sheed in shooting stars

The nets will miss the playoffs

Melo scoring champ and finals MVP

:lol: I just had a dream in which we traded Iman Shumpert for Kendall Gill....I woke up very confused just now LOL

Last edited:
I honestly don't mind JR starting. Dudes paid his dues and is talented enough. If he can maintain his defensive effort and intensity from last year and tone down the jacking since he'll be in the game long enough to not worry about getting his shots and touches it can work out.
I'm gunna be a typical offseason super optimistic fan and proclaim that this will be the year he finally puts it together and reaches his all-star level potential :pimp: :lol:
And while I'm at it:
Amare will start playing defense and getting rebounds
Novak will make shots off the dribble
Shump won't miss a step when he gets back
Jeremy Lin will be the d-league mvp
Camby Thomas Kidd and Sheed won't just be "locker room guys"
Lebron will get a minor injury that will keep him out for only the extent of the Knicks-Heat series
We're running all-star weekend Novak 3 pt contest, Flight White dunk, trick shot Sheed in shooting stars
The nets will miss the playoffs
Melo scoring champ and finals MVP

Optimism? Or completely delirious? :lol:

Nice monologue tho

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 30, 2012

Allan Houston Hopes to Bridge Gap Between Knicks and D-League Affiliate

Hoping to add a bit of Big Apple flavor to the Erie BayHawks, the Knicks' D-League affiliate hosted open tryouts at Baruch College in New York City on Saturday.

Over 60 participants packed the gym, each one aiming to prove their worth and earn a shot playing professional basketball. With the D-League representing the best chance for young prospects to reach The Association, each player had a simple long-term goal: make it to the NBA.

Knicks Assistant General Manager (and BayHawks G.M.) Allan Houston was present at the tryouts, and he too certainly had his own goals in mind.

The Knicks legend and current executive told KnicksJournal.com that he hoped to help the BayHawks embrace the Knicks' already present culture and mentality. What's more, in the interest of bridging the gap between the NBA squad and its D-League affiliate, Houston also said that newly hired BayHawks head coach Gene Cross had already met and talked with Knicks head coach Mike Woodson.

With the Knicks' roster growing older and older with each acquisition (presumedly for the better, of course), the BayHawks stand to play a vital role in helping the Knicks monitor, grow, and develop young talent.

The idea of the open tryouts is clearly to see if D-League staffs can spot a diamond in the rough or two. That said, when considering the roster in its entirety, Coach Cross said he anticipates having some talent, currently on the Knicks' training camp roster, joining Erie at some point as well.

With media day to take place Monday and training camp to officially start on Tuesday, the Knicks will bring 20 players into Westchester (should Rasheed Wallace sign by then, as expected). Six of those players will play on non-guaranteed contracts.

As a rule, an NBA team can "protect" up to three players, that they end up cutting from training camp, for their D-League affiliate to sign. Surely the Knicks and BayHawks already seem on the same page, with regard to utilizing such an opportunity.

Prokhorov can't compete with front office guys like Pat Riley, Kupchak, Presti, etc, who actually know what it takes to put a championship team together.  And neither can his roster.
Considering that you're comparing an owner to presidents/GM's...yeah, I would think that there's no competition.
He is better than Dolan ever would be that's for sure.
Word.
tired.gif

haters gonna hate?

got the game been playing all day, tyson was about to pop on someone in the crowd :lol:

Last edited:
He looks like he's in better shape than he was that whole season with the Celtics before he retired.
A little confused by the signing though. I imagine Sheed is more useful at center at his age. With Camby and Chandler getting those minutes, he has to play back up PF - a position I thought could be held down by Melo/Novak. I like the signing, just wondering how they are going to fit and if Sheed is actually expecting minutes. But with Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler, Kurt Thomas, and Rasheed Wallace - the NYK locker room and effort every night should be rock solid. Good vets to have (unless bad Sheed comes out).

let sheed cook, we will need his attitude at times during this season especially when we play the heat and boston

The New York Knicks and the Brooklyn Nets.

In the first year of the Nets’ existence in Brooklyn, there has been a lot of trash talk leading up to the start of the regular season. Most of it has been amongst fans, but some players have taken part in it, as well. A few days ago, Andray Blatche tweeted the following:

andray blatche
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@drayblatche
NYC the nets is yours no longer the Knicks
28 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
Tonight, a couple Knicks took action. First, Iman Shumpert countered:

Iman Shumpert
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@I_Am_Iman
Bold tweet.......#gnite. Training camp in the am #post90s instagr.am/p/QOZfOCprfA/
30 Sep 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
Then, JR Smith slammed it home:

JR Smith
[emoji]10004[/emoji]
@TheRealJRSmith
Thought you played in #DC RT @drayblatche: NYC the nets is yours no longer the Knicks
1 Oct 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
If you’re not aware, Andray Blatche, and the $23 million remaining on his contract, was amnestied by the Washington Wizards this off-season.

Sly trash-talking, JR. Little things like this get me even more excited for the NBA season ahead.

http://theknickswall.com/2012/10/01/iman-shumpert-jr-smith-andray-blatche/

:lol:

Woody: "I went that route of young teams (w/ #Hawks) & it didn't work. Vet teams is what wins. We can stay healthy we have a shot." #nyk

Woody: "I mix up some low-post stuff w/ open court. If (Amare) is committed to working post what better guy to learn from than Hakeem." #nyk

Glen: "Houston made a commitment to him (Lin) that we wern't prepared to make. But we're very excited about what we're building."

Glen: "You have a lot of irons in the fire. We felt Felton was better option & we'r every happy w/ that decision. We're not disappointed."

Glen: "We don't look at like getting older. We got better. Vet teams win. Look at the #Mavs. When they won they had avg. age over 30." #nyk

Last edited:
Woody on hiring shooting guru: "We were 2nd in shooting the 3. But we want to enhance that even more." #nyk #knicks

@MarcusCamby23 "Feels great to be back home. Happy to be back in front of the great Garden fans." #NYKMEDIADAY

Melo: "At the end of the day all that matters is winning. Everybody knows I can score. Now it's about trusting teammates." #nyk #knicks

Melo: "I'm done trying to score 30. Everybody knows I can do it. But if I have to sacrifice (scoring) I'll do it." #nyk #knicks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom