and we're done

the russian owner talkin bout the knicks being the second ny team when his team has been irrelevant even with deron :lol:

Prokhorov is a casual/ignorant basketball fan that happens to have billions of dollars to play with.  I'm convinced everyone in the Nets front office knows this, but sucks up to him because he has all the spending power.  This is exactly why NJ will never be a contender.

He is pretty funny and seems to be much better than Dolan

Don't forget he woukd have bought the Knicks. We were his first choice. But Dolan said he needed to by the rocketts and rangers etc

Rasheed Wallace has told the Knicks he has elected to come out of retirement and join Monday's training camp, according to an NBA source.

I dont know how i feel about Sheed yet. Son needs to drop that gut though :lol: if he gets in shape. Were stacked :pimp:

Prokhorov is a casual/ignorant basketball fan that happens to have billions of dollars to play with.  I'm convinced everyone in the Nets front office knows this, but sucks up to him because he has all the spending power.  This is exactly why NJ will never be a contender.
You're wrong.

They said the same thing about the Russian billionaire, Roman Abrahmovich when he bought the Soccer team Chelsea FC in England (2003). Chelsea hadn't won a title in 50 years at that point and next thing you know they've won every major title since. Not saying the Nets will win a championship anytime soon because the NBA has a Salary Cap but just take a look at what he's been able to pull off.

A move to Brooklyn, Best Arena in Sports, signing Deron (he would have never stayed if it was the same old Nets), complete marketing transformation, and he alone had convinced Dwight Howard to come join. Although D12 didn't get traded to BK it just goes to show you how much power and influence has.

You don't understand these Russian billionaires who buy sports teams, these guys are ruthless. By any means necessary, they want to win and they'll spend every penny to make that happen. They don't care about turning profits they care about recognition. James Dolan is the complete opposite. If this guy had bought the Knicks ya'll would be loving him and his attitude.

2d949pu.jpg

You're wrong.
They said the same thing about the Russian billionaire, Roman Abrahmovich when he bought the Soccer team Chelsea FC in England (2003). Chelsea hadn't won a title in 50 years at that point and next thing you know they've won every major title since. Not saying the Nets will win a championship anytime soon because the NBA has a Salary Cap but just take a look at what he's been able to pull off.
A move to Brooklyn, Best Arena in Sports, signing Deron (he would have never stayed if it was the same old Nets), complete marketing transformation, and he alone had convinced Dwight Howard to come join. Although D12 didn't get traded to BK it just goes to show you how much power and influence has.
You don't understand these Russian billionaires who buy sports teams, these guys are ruthless. By any means necessary, they want to win and they'll spend every penny to make that happen. They don't care about turning profits they care about recognition. James Dolan is the complete opposite. If this guy had bought the Knicks ya'll would be loving him and his attitude.
The praise and envy of the Nets I've seen lately from some Knicks fans has been nauseating. Lets let them win before we sing their praises.

I mean damn, the arena is cool, but sheesh. This team didn't do very much to overhaul their roster other than overpaying Gerald Wallace and adding Joe Johnson who's notoriously been unable to lead his team past mediocrity. You make it sound like they added Dwight and Steve Nash.

Or maybe my hatred for the swamp rats won't allow me to see the amazingly wonderful job Prokorov have done building a championship contender from the ground up.

How many games do you objective Knick fans project your team winning this year in the regular season?
45-50. Age and injuries will play a factor and slow us down at times. If the team clicks and stays healthy I could see 55 at the most.

Last edited:
You're wrong.

A friend of a friend that worked on the project says that the concern actually is if things don't go right (win) Prokhorov will get bored very easily and lose interest.

Last edited:
You're wrong.
"These Russian billionaires" that I don't understand don't have some special power to raise the salary cap of their teams.  It doesn't matter how "ruthless" they are.  Signing Deron to a max contract? Great. Signing Joe Johnson to a max contract? Decent. Signing Brook Lopez to a max contract? Terrible.  I think Lopez is a good player, especially for a center-depleted NBA, but this is a perfect example of not spending your money in the right ways.  Those contracts will clog their roster for years to come and restrict their ability to make prominent, roster changing moves.  

Prokhorov can't compete with front office guys like Pat Riley, Kupchak, Presti, etc, who actually know what it takes to put a championship team together.  And neither can his roster.

Btw, I am not a Knicks fan at all. My team sent them home this year 
nthat.gif

"These Russian billionaires" that I don't understand don't have some special power to raise the salary cap of their teams.  It doesn't matter how "ruthless" they are.  Signing Deron to a max contract? Great. Signing Joe Johnson to a max contract? Decent. Signing Brook Lopez to a max contract? Terrible.  I think Lopez is a good player, especially for a center-depleted NBA, but this is a perfect example of not spending your money in the right ways.  Those contracts will clog their roster for years to come and restrict their ability to make prominent, roster changing moves.  

Prokhorov can't compete with front office guys like Pat Riley, Kupchak, Presti, etc, who actually know what it takes to put a championship team together.  And neither can his roster.

Btw, I am not a Knicks fan at all. My team sent them home this year 
nthat.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif

Prokhorov can't compete with front office guys like Pat Riley, Kupchak, Presti, etc, who actually know what it takes to put a championship team together. And neither can his roster.

He is better than Dolan ever would be that's for sure.

The praise and envy of the Nets I've seen lately from some Knicks fans has been nauseating. Lets let them win before we sing their praises.
I mean damn, the arena is cool, but sheesh. This team didn't do very much to overhaul their roster other than overpaying Gerald Wallace and adding Joe Johnson who's notoriously been unable to lead his team past mediocrity. You make it sound like they added Dwight and Steve Nash.
Or maybe my hatred for the swamp rats won't allow me to see the amazingly wonderful job Prokorov have done building a championship contender from the ground up.

The praise I'm giving him is solely from a business point of view (MBA student, like analyzing this stuff). Think about the Nets image 3 years ago, think about the image the Nets had even when they were in the finals, it was laughable. Prokhorov has done a fantastic job in the short amount of time. I'm just saying its something to admire, he's literally the complete polar opposite of James Dolan.

Thank god the Nets didn't get Dwight, that would have been the worst for Knick fans. It's just shocking that Prokhorov was one step away from making that happen, that would have never happened with the old Nets. The guy has some influence. But yea, the hate for the swamp rats may definatly be clouding the vision :lol:

This rivalry is going to be intense tho, the Nets have done a good job of making the Knicks and management seem inadequate. I can see these teams fighting for the 4-5th spot and meeting in the playoffs. We better not get embarrassed tho, we've been the laughing stock of the NBA for 10 years and I'm not trying to be out-shined and ridiculed by Brooklyn. I cannot remember a more important Knicks season since Jordan retired, this is it. Our 20$ million dollar duo better earn that check because it's all going to reign or fall on them.

Back
Top Bottom