dude sounding like Reggie Miller when he came to play at the garden :lol:

Last edited:
Prokhorov: Knicks are NYC's second team
September, 28, 2012
SEP 28
11:40
AM ET
By Mike Mazzeo | ESPNNewYork.com

Mikhail Prokhorov just can't help himself.

The charismatic Russian owner of the Brooklyn Nets took another shot at the rival New York Knicks on Friday morning, calling them the "second team in New York."

Asked during a television interview on FOX5 if the Nets were ready to take on the Knicks, Prokhorov jokingly responded, "Excuse me, what is that name?

"Ah, oh, Knicks. Yes, I've heard about this second team in New York."

Prokhorov then said in a more serious tone: "I think we're getting to where we will have an epic rivalry. It will be great for the fans, for the basketball. I think really, the coming of the arena and team to Brooklyn, we can put finally put New York on the map. It's about time."

The Nets played in New Jersey for 35 years before moving. They will make their regular-season debut as the Brooklyn Nets on Nov. 1 -- against the Knicks -- at the $1 billion Barclays Center.

Clearly, Prokhorov enjoys needling his franchise's East River rivals.

Recently, he referred to Knicks owner James Dolan as "that little man" during an interview with New York Magazine.

After buying the Nets in 2010, Prokhorov claimed that he was going to "turn Knicks fans into Nets fans."

That summer, a massive billboard appeared across from Madison Square Garden that featured Prokhorov and minority owner Jay-Z, along with the slogan, "The Blueprint for Greatness."

The Nets haven't made the playoffs since 2006-07, but Prokhorov allowed GM Billy King to spend around $330 million to turn the team from a pretender into a contender.

The Barclays Center opens up on Friday night with the first of eight sold-out Jay-Z concerts.

That summer, a massive billboard appeared across from Madison Square Garden that featured Prokhorov and minority owner Jay-Z, along with the slogan, "The Blueprint for Greatness."

image.jpg

:lol:

The Rasheed move is chemistry more than anything I hope. Just another good vet in the locker room.

I think Melo is going to have a big chip on his shoulder this year. The hate for him is at an all-time high, its funny how lowly some people have come to regard him. Lot to prove this year and I have undoubted faith that he'll have an awesome year.

Amar'e is obviously the x-factor. If he resembles the Amar'e of two years ago, ECF...If he doesn't first, another first round exit prolly.

Anthony said his motivation to change his game comes from his focus to buy into the team system. Anthony said he's been inspired by his veteran teammates, such as Jason Kidd, who's taken the leadership role in pre-training camp, Marcus Camby and Kurt Thomas, who he said are all working harder than ever in the gym. He even included free-agent power forward Rasheed Wallace, who's been recently training at the Knicks' practice facility.

"We go up there and you'd be surprised the work that the older guys put in, from Camby to Jason Kidd to Rasheed," Anthony said. "The work that the guys are putting in, you would think that they were still in their early 30s or something like that."

I really don't see how we can't be the 2nd, 3rd seed in the east . shrugs.

Every team has its ifs, but we will see.

Camby, Wallace, and Kidd.

I dont know how I feel about this.

Well i rock with Camby, but Kidd and Wallace is bout as confusing to me as it gets. Sheed aint going to help anything with the locker room either.

Last edited:
we dont need wallace but he wont play any considerable minutes, only to give tyson or Amare a quick breather.... Kurt will see more minutes if anything.... KIDD should see 16- 18 a game.... dont know if the Argentinean will get any burn behind Felton and kidd.. maybe on the second unit with Smith, but smith should be our starting 2 until shump comes back. I dont know I dont like the fact he's out until Jan and we still dont have enough swing men.. we need another shooter outside of STEVE and JR.. one more gunner would do us justice, hopefully SHUMP comes back with a new rifle

Back
Top Bottom