and we're done

Just copped tix to the 2nd Knicks @ Nets game, still wanna go to the 1st but these were cheaper (for now). StubHub, clutch as always.

Lol you realize 90 percent of what he did was slap Brooklyn on the jersey. The slurping is funny. If they stayed in jersey nobody would care about his "savy moves"

He is much better than the FRUMPSTER but that's setting the bar super low

Last edited:
Great pickup with Sheed.  

Anyway, the Knicks will win 50 games this season at least (assuming no major injuries).

I mean come on, the Knicks get so much hate in the media and from everyone, to the point that even their own fans are sippin from the same Kool-Aid 
grin.gif

We gon act like the Knicks didn't start off the season last year like this...

Douglas

Fields

Melo

Amare

Tyson 

Bibby

Jeffries

Shump

Bill Walker

Balkman

sick.gif
 (Why were they expected to win anything?  It's Melo, Amare, Tyson, and a great rookie)

To starting this season with....

Felton

Brewer

Melo

Amare

Tyson

Kidd

Shump

JR

Novak

Camby

Sheed

Prigioni

Thomas

Plus a full training camp for the first time.  And Amare is healthy.  And no lockout.  And 3 point guards that can distribute the ball...no Tony Douglas or Melo being forced to play point forward.  And no Jeremy Lin and Landry Fields.  Too many folks are sleepin...and that's cool.  Let em 
wink.gif

if sheed could give us 20 minutes a game at his highest level, we should be alright. idk what to expect from him, though, if anything.

Last edited:

He looks like he's in better shape than he was that whole season with the Celtics before he retired.

A little confused by the signing though. I imagine Sheed is more useful at center at his age. With Camby and Chandler getting those minutes, he has to play back up PF - a position I thought could be held down by Melo/Novak. I like the signing, just wondering how they are going to fit and if Sheed is actually expecting minutes. But with Jason Kidd, Tyson Chandler, Kurt Thomas, and Rasheed Wallace - the NYK locker room and effort every night should be rock solid. Good vets to have (unless bad Sheed comes out).

I would like to think Sheed is still a good post defender. Expect a few bad threes and baseline fadeaways. Might be the first bench player to lead the league in techs also.

^ told u before, always check with gameworld on fordham, store with all the fitteds. they always sell early but will never tell u over the phone ........

I just want some NYK colored Sheeds

This. :smokin

Looks like that's what we're getting

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/e...asheed-wallace-agrees-to-join-new-york-knicks

Report: Rasheed Wallace agrees to join New York Knicks

By Matt Moore | Senior Blogger

September 29, 2012 6:51 pm ET

0 | Comment

Rasheed Wallace will reportedly join the Knicks Monday.(Getty Images)
The New York Post reports that after a week of speculation, Rasheed Wallace has informed the Knicks that he will accept an offer to join the team on a veteran minimum contract.

The 6-foot-11 Wallace, who worked out with the Knicks over the weekend, retired two years ago after a disappointing season with the Celtics. The Knicks are expected to announce the signing Monday at Media Day. The first practices begin Tuesday.

The tempestuous Wallace, 38, will become the fifth Knick over the age of 35, joining Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas and Pablo Prigioni.

Though contracts haven't been signed, there are indications Wallace has participated in voluntary workouts in Westchester across the past few days. Pending results of a physical he took Wednesday, Wallace will become Amar'e Stoudemire's backup at power forward.

(via Rasheed Wallace to sign with New York Knicks Monday, back up Amar'e Stoudemire at power forward - NYPOST.com)

CBSSports.com reported on Friday that the Knicks were weighing the addition of Sheed while maintaining concerns about his conditioning. Reports elsewhere had indicated that if he was coming back, he was only going to come back with the Knicks.

With Sheed joining that special and especially old crew of reserve players, I have a nickname for that reserve unit in particular. Kidd-Prigioni-Thomas-Camby-Sheed: The Jurassic 5. Pass it around.

It's a no-lose proposition for the Knicks, who would have only used the spot on a player possibly from the D-League who would get no time. If Sheed contributes to the locker room culture or makes a few plays in a few games, great. If not, it's such a minor investment it's not going to hurt them. Granted, the Knicks spent the money to acquire the hybrid affiliate rights to a D-League team in the Erie Bayhawks, and are now instead using a roster spot on a man who's been out of the league for more than a year, but still. No-lose proposition.

The Knicks are going to be fascinating this season, once again.

Tags: Jason Kidd, Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby, Pablo Prigioni, 2012 Free Agency, Boston Celtics, New York Knicks, NBA

JR almost has to start out of necessity, somebody needs to stretch the floor.

Brewer/Melo/Amare/Chandler spacing on offense might be :x. Good defenses will just clog everything down.

JR starting means less shots for Melo/Amare, he is fine off the bench with 20 minutes, too erratic. All he does is shoot jumpshots and does not get to the free throw line, ball movement stops once he touches the ball (we have enough of those already).

Wish Shump were 100%.

Last edited:
Yall shoulda already knew though. Our best sg is JR if you want someone to stretch the floor a bit. If not you can see the pros and cons, better defense but the offense focuses back on Melo and STAT.

its not a matter of "should", we have no choice....

I mean with my third kid on the way, it'll be hard for me to travel and stuff..

Back
Top Bottom