and we're done

yall really want dwade broke as on this team? hell no! and ya lebrong aint coming... more realistic expectations would be rondo, kevin love, marc gasol or lamarcus aldridge in 2015... and i agree melo aint leaving... he did too much to force himself here which gutted the team and gave the knicks 0 flexibility
I think the guys were saying Melo could do what D-Wade did (Get Lebron and Bosh on his team aka picking his teammates) not acquiring D-Wade.....

Last edited:
amare is like the modern day h20... i still have faith in dude if he can stay healthy... he added a lot to his game so now he wont have to rely on his athleticism as much... i still think if the knicks have any hope for a championship amare has to be healthy and has to start

Im here to make 2 bold statements:

1) Melo is not leaving the Knicks

2) Lebron is not coming to NY......ever

I don't think Melo is leaving either. It's either Lebron stays in MIA or go back home

Beno Udrih would be a great signing. BUT would he take the min

Last edited:
Slightly off topic while slightly on topic, Bron vs. Melo: High School Edition

Last edited:
It's more likely to see LeBron go back to Cleveland than NY. Sheeet, I think LeBron's going back to Cleveland anyways :lol:

Would love to see 'bron go back to Cleveland. If he didn't come here before, why would he now? Some of y'all need to let this go.

IDK if Bron is coming to NY next year. But there is a very big difference between now and then. Now he has Melo and basically an entire payroll to get together and pick their teammates for the next 3 or 4 years. Before, we had Wilson Chandler and Felton as his best options. Amare didnt sign until we lost the Lebron sweepstakes.

So while im not gonna sit here and guarantee Lebron is a Knick next year. It does make it a little more enticing to come here this time around.

As for actual stuff happening this year. Ill take Beno for the Vets Min. Dude would be nice off the bench as the 3rd PG. Hes not gonna challenge Felton or Prigs for a starting spot. But he would definitely be better than alot of other teams backup PG.

After that we have what? 1 more roster spot if we get Beno?

Last edited:
I could see Udrih challenging Felton because he actually is a better PG than he is . 10 and 6 in 27 minutes on an awful Magic team is nothing to snooze at. BigJ what's your take on Udrih ? I know you seen way more of him than us last season

Can somebody explain to me why all the hate for Felton?? I thought he did a very good job last season.... Who do you guys want here? I don't think the Celtics are going to trade Rondo to the Knicks.. The Knicks have no assets to offer them... Maybe next year when Amare is expiring that's about it.... For now I think Felton is a very good option as a starting PG....

so we're expecting Lebron and Melo to NOT opt out after this year? Our big contracts come off the books after the 14/15 season.

I could see Udrih challenging Felton because he actually is a better PG than he is . 10 and 6 in 27 minutes on an awful Magic team is nothing to snooze at. BigJ what's your take on Udrih ? I know you seen way more of him than us last season

It's a solid signing if they could get him, absolutely. I don't know about challenging Felton, but if Ray went down a little time, Udrih could handle the starting role for a bit. He shot well from downtown for Orlando but his FG% was pretty bad.. of course his role would be different on this team so I'm not as worried about his FG%.

Very good backup who could step up if Felton gets hurt.

Copy that , is that Space Jam 2 ad real ? Let's be honest though I loved Space Jam as a kid and now because of the nostalgia factor but its an AWFUL movie :lol: I can't watch it for more than 10 minutes without turning it off .

Knicks in discussions with Ivan Johnson
By Jared Zwerling

Amid their search for a young big man who could provide interior scoring, rebounding and defense, the Knicks are having discussions with free agent Ivan Johnson, a player source told ESPNNewYork.com.

The 29-year-old Johnson, who became an NBA player in 2011 and has played for the Hawks, was initially campaigning for a mini mid-level contract. But with remaining attractive free agents like DeJuan Blair and Antawn Jamison in the veteran's minimum financial ballpark -- Blair signed with the Mavericks for that amount -- the free-agent market is quickly changing.

"I think the mini mid-level will be tough to get at this time," the source said.

So it's likely that the 6-8, 255-pound Johnson will be financially accessible to the Knicks. The question is: could it mutually work out?

The source said, "I think it would be a great fit for Ivan to get big minutes [in New York] and further prove he can play in this league."

Johnson is known for his high motor, finishing ability and being a tenacious defender, who has good hands and timing to deflect balls and grab rebounds. Sometimes, however, he can be a little out of control. In 2012, the Hawks fined him for "conduct detrimental to the team" and later for making an obscene gesture.

Johnson could bring versatility to the Knicks' frontcourt. Carmelo Anthony is still mostly an outside facilitator even when he's at the 4 position; Amar'e Stoudemire will play limited minutes because of his surgically-repaired knees; Tyson Chandler missed 16 games last season and is now one year older and needs more support; Andrea Bargnani only played 66 games in his past two injury-riddled seasons; and Kenyon Martin has had serious injury issues in the past and he's turning 36 this December.

Johnson can play forward and center, which would fill a need for the Knicks.

"That would be a nice get for the Knicks," another source said. "I like him."

Another big man the Knicks had "strong interest" in, according to a player source, was Kris Humphries -- if the Celtics carried out their potential plan to buy him out. Humphries was also interested in playing for the veteran's minimum in New York. But a source familiar with Humphries said a buyout is unlikely at this point, as the Celtics, who acquired Humphries in the Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Jason Terry trade this summer, envision a key role for him next season.

Other bigs on the Knicks' radar include (via sources): Cole Aldrich, Hamed Haddadi, Jerome Jordan, Gani Lawal, Shavlik Randolph, who was waived by the Celtics on Thursday, and Henry Sims. Jeremy Tyler, who played on the Knicks' summer league team, has received a training camp invite.

JANNERO PARGO IN THE PICTURE: According to a player source, the Knicks are now in conversations with Pargo, a veteran point guard who played for the Wizards, Hawks and Bobcats last season.

Pargo, 33, is known for his transition playmaking and spot-up shooting, but he's not great at getting in the lane and creating his own shot. However, he works well off of pick-and-rolls, and his court vision and quick reaction time enable him to see passing lanes through traps.

The Knicks also remain interested in point guards Beno Udrih and Bobby Brown, according to a source familiar with the Knicks' thinking. The Knicks have until Aug. 15 to decide on an offer for Brown, who has an opt-clause on that date in his upcoming contract with Chinese basketball club Dongguan. Regarding Delonte West, he's unlikely to be considered, according to a player source.

The Knicks will also invite Toure Murry and "a few young developmental point guards to training camp," according to a source.

Looking ahead, the Knicks have three roster spots remaining, so even if they sign a free agent soon training camp invites, such as Murry and Tyler, could still receive guaranteed contracts at the minimum.

You can follow Jared Zwerling on Twitter.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...-yorkknicks&id=47491&city=newyork&src=desktop

Get Beno and Ivan and I couldn't have been happier with our off season up to this point. Got back everyone I wanted and got rid of everyone I thought we needed to get rid of (except glass knees McGee, but we all knew that wasn't a possibility)

We are better than last year so hopefully that translates on the court and we can make a finals appearance/lift the trophy. ECF at the worst

Get Beno and Ivan and I couldn't have been happier with our off season up to this point. Got back everyone I wanted and got rid of everyone I thought we needed to get rid of (except glass knees McGee, but we all knew that wasn't a possibility)

We are better than last year so hopefully that translates on the court and we can make a finals appearance/lift the trophy. ECF at the worst

repped and quoted for mfasis.

Back
Top Bottom