and we're done

JR Smith @TheRealJRSmith
Who cares! Ne never has anything to say good bout me so what! RT @RealThomasD: @FisolaNYDN going in on you why he hating? @TheRealJRSmith
11:33 p.m. Mon, Jul 15

Damn just seeing that video. I hope Melos shoulder reach 100% and dont get re-injured during the season.

Also osnt the patella tendon whatever the same injury that Azubuike had ?
The injury that takes foreverrrr to heal ? or am i wrong ?

My problem with this surgery is

1. The Knicks have been lying and covering injuries up. Why do it? It's disgusting.
2. Why didn't he get the surgery right after the playoffs? That **** was 4-6 weeks ago!

1.How did the Knicks LIE in this situation?

2. Think about the injury from JR's standpoint and the organization's standpoint. First if you are JR and you knew you were injured following the playoffs. Why would you or your agent want that info to come out? At that point it is no guarantee that you are coming back to the Knicks and you don't want to scare other organizations away who may be willing to pay more for you.

From the Knicks perspective IF they were aware of the injury they too have no idea that JR is 100% coming back so why would they make a player who opted out and is no longer under contract go and have surgery when he potentially could no longer be a part of the team?!

Assuming both sides were aware of the injury following the playoffs it makes perfect sense for JR to have had the surgery after he officially signed.

WTF in regards to this J.R Surgery, Surely he should of had the surgery as soon as we got eliminated by the Pacers, Now it leaves a hole until Late October - November :smh:

What hole? :lol: Yall forget when the season starts or do you want him in preseason games that bad?

Last edited:
What hole? :lol: Yall forget when the season starts or do you want him in preseason games that bad?

No but I wanted him to knuckle down and get serious after his Playoff melt down, Plus when he does come back it is going to take him a few months to get back in match fitness

I just want to know, was it JR who hid this injury? - I could understand why he would because of free-agency coming up.

Or was it the Knicks who hid this injury? - Which would have made absolutely no sense.

It smells like Dolan the dictator has struck again.

The Knicks knew about the injury, he was having knee issues last season. My thing is, why didnt they address earlier, and why are they addressing it now? Camp starts in a couple months.

JR Smith ‏@TheRealJRSmith 59m
Yes! RT @CwarBucks: @TheRealJRSmith did the Knicks know bout the injury before offering you the new contract?

JR Smith ‏@TheRealJRSmith 1h
I already do! !?RT @Yared_24: @TheRealJRSmith are you gonna miss Steve Novak?

Last edited:
jr surgery? so what.
look at it this way, he'll have plenty of time to rest and recover.
some of y'all are concerned with opening day, im thinking about play offs.

It's the way the Knicks handled the situation once again.

Happy Bday you ****
Thanks.:lol:

On the JR situation, this just seems to be another situation where the franchise holds information or plain ignores something until it absolutely has yo be addressed. Why couldn't this surgery happen weeks ago? Why does this come out the day we sign Ron Arrest and right after the Knicks are gone for the day from Summer League. It's another example of the lack of transparency and just plain idiocy that they put on display so often.

So now, once again, we go into training camp and probably our opener missing a key cog.

I'm not upset about the contract, I just hate how frequently it seems they mishandle injuries. And maybe I'm wrong, but with their history they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
well yeah you're right about that. they (the knicks pr team, i guess) seem to be real intent at witholding info and then dropping that kind of news when they think people aren't paying attention or when they think they can avoid answering questions, which brings up even more questions

real sketchy to mention something like "oh yeah and by the way, one of our main players just got surgery and will be out for four months" just as the press conference is ending and you're halfway out the door

still though the actual news of jr being out shouldn't be THAT big of a deal

1.How did the Knicks LIE in this situation?

I didn't say the Knicks lied about this. I don't know how much they knew or how much Earl told. They lied about injuries all of last year. Amar'e, Rasheed, Camby and so on. Knicks have earned a reputation is the point. That's why some of us are making this into a big deal.

I didn't say the Knicks lied about this. I don't know how much they knew or how much Earl told. They lied about injuries all of last year. Amar'e, Rasheed, Camby and so on. Knicks have earned a reputation is the point. That's why some of us are making this into a big deal.

Ok I can understand that but for those of you making it into a big deal I think it is best to look at each situation individually. IMO .The situation with JR is not the same as the other situations you mentioned.

^ if they didn't have that terrible track record, no one would be that upset about this. Then they announce it when they're on a plane from Vegas so no one can ask questions? It's the typical Knick way

^ if they didn't have that terrible track record, no one would be that upset about this. Then they announce it when they're on a plane from Vegas so no one can ask questions? It's the typical Knick way

Yeah but you guys are upset because you are factoring the past into the equation which isn't fair when judging THIS situation on its own.

Am I crazy to think the Knicks can be legitimate contenders next season? They've added on to the fire power and have different pieces that will allow the frail players to play on limit restriction. I am liking the versatility and depth. If the Knicks can practice some post offense, get players to drive more, and buy into crashing the boards/boxing out/rebounding we are good MONEY. They have to be fully committed to toughen up and play D like the old 90s Knicks.

Am I crazy to think the Knicks can be legitimate contenders next season?

Can you ask that question in the NBA thread so I can answer it honestly and objectively without looking like acb trolling team threads?

I honestly would like to give my opinion but I don't wanna anger anyone or disrupt your thread.

go for it LTB.

this team could make run if everything clicks and woodson runs a real offense, but who knows. i'm not expecting much this year but i wouldnt be shocked if we came out of the east.

Back
Top Bottom