and we're done

Isola just trying to uncover something that isn't there though.

Smith is getting paid peanuts. So unless this is like a season ending injury or something, I don't see how or what the Knicks did wrong with signing him even if they knew he was hurt. Dude is getting paid like 6 mill a year. Sheesh.

Knicks are ALWAYS covering up injuries and lying. It gets old and it's pointless. I don't mind that he's hurt but I don't know why he didn't get this done after the playoffs. That's what I'm upset about.

Knicks are ALWAYS covering up injuries and lying. It gets old and it's pointless. I don't mind that he's hurt but I don't know why he didn't get this done after the playoffs. That's what I'm upset about.
I still give him the contract regardless. That's my point. So what is Isola so upset about? I'm sure any of you would still want this deal knowing he needed surgery.

As far as the timing of the surgery, well that's on JR. Maybe he felt like he didn't really need it until now.

I still give him the contract regardless. That's my point. So what is Isola so upset about? I'm sure any of you would still want this deal knowing he needed surgery.

As far as the timing of the surgery, well that's on JR. Maybe he felt like he didn't really need it until now.
It's the way the Knicks handled the situation once again.

Unbelievable we signed artest I will never forget in 99 when we passed on him he said he was so hurt by it that he would never play or be a knick lol and look now..IMHO I feel artest's career would have been a lot diff if we drafted him and he stayed for the long haul..smith Fred wies really

How you want them to handle the situation? Tell everyone that JR needs surgery a month ago? That would change what

I agree with you it changes NOTHING.

I also love how everyone just assumes that Knicks front office didn't do their homework and make sure that this was something JR could recover from and be effective post-surgery. Also none of us know all the terms of JR's contract. There could be insurance....either way consider the money owed to JR its really not significant.

Y'all dudes just want something to be sad about.

Only thing this changed was the chance for y'all to complain and moan and probably be against signing JR back had they revealed this sooner.

Get use to how the Knicks handle these things already. Ain't like the fans are on a need to know basis with these things and we don't have any actual investigative reporters in sports media that would find this stuff out.

Last edited:
Unbelievable we signed artest I will never forget in 99 when we passed on him he said he was so hurt by it that he would never play or be a knick lol and look now..IMHO I feel artest's career would have been a lot diff if we drafted him and he stayed for the long haul..smith Fred wies really

conventional wisdom would say if that happened, he would have wanted out due to how the franchise was performing (or would be) and probably would have forced a trade out.

:lol: @ rookie Ron Artest forcing a trade out of NY. It's more like we would've packaged him in the deal for McDyess or somebody else. Just like we did with all of the other picks and rookies we got rid of.

Don't tell me y'all forgot about Scott Layden.

:lol: @ rookie Ron Artest forcing a trade out of NY. It's more like we would've packaged him in the deal for McDyess or somebody else. Just like we did with all of the other picks and rookies we got rid of.

Don't tell me y'all forgot about Scott Layden.

Yup. Well, it would have been any scenario like that. I don't think rookie Ron Ron would have done that. He would be spending his time in QB and Circuit City :lol:. But I think eventually after a few years he would have asked out and they would have made a stupid deal.

I just don't see the Knicks org agreeing to a kid's demands. A few years or not, they would've shipped him like he was a commodity and probably to a ****** team.

I don't think Ron has ever asked to be traded anyway even after what happened with the Pacers.

I just don't see the Knicks org agreeing to a kid's demands. A few years or not, they would've shipped him like he was a commodity and probably to a ****** team.

I don't think Ron has ever asked to be traded anyway even after what happened with the Pacers.

I think he would have went "Ron Ron" enough times to be labeled a headache to the team and they would have moved him no doubt. Then he would have went on to be DPOY and Knick fans would be sick everywhere :lol:

isola probably has a point or two, but he's definitely trying to make more of it than he should

stuff happens, jr will be ok

makes perfect sense

My problem with this surgery is

1. The Knicks have been lying and covering injuries up. Why do it? It's disgusting.
2. Why didn't he get the surgery right after the playoffs? That **** was 4-6 weeks ago!

My problem with this surgery is

1. The Knicks have been lying and covering injuries up. Why do it? It's disgusting.
2. Why didn't he get the surgery right after the playoffs? That **** was 4-6 weeks ago!
They probably rationalize it with technicalities. I must've missed where they lied though. They just didn't reveal info they didn't have to. I mean JR was cleared to play so ain't nothing to report if they don't want to or maybe the Knick medical staff is that negligent

As for the surgery now and not sooner it's the same reason Melo didn't get one at all. Probably wanted to let it heal regularly and didn't want to go under the knife if he didn't have to.

Back
Top Bottom