And They wonder why Young Blacks distrust NYPD

I have a couple of buddies in law enforecement. Ive listened to their radios, and honestly the perps are like 995 out of a thousand times black or latino, so its very rare that you see a white person being searched. If you arent doing anything wrong, you shouldnt feel "harassed". You happen to match the description, and thats the way the ball rolls. You shouldnt take it personal, but unfortunately some people do.

Originally Posted by AuthenticNikes

I have a couple of buddies in law enforecement. Ive listened to their radios, and honestly the perps are like 995 out of a thousand times black or latino, so its very rare that you see a white person being searched. If you arent doing anything wrong, you shouldnt feel "harassed". You happen to match the description, and thats the way the ball rolls. You shouldnt take it personal, but unfortunately some people do.
it depends on how the officer handles things.   i've had some officers apologize for pulling me over and they were professional about everything.   i can respect them for doing their job because their showing me respect as a person,    but some officers have pulled some b.s after they realize i have nothing on me and did nothing wrong and are just abusing their power,  those officers could get shot in the line of duty and i could care less.

it depends on how the officer handles things.   i've had some officers apologize for pulling me over and they were professional about everything.   i can respect them for doing their job because their showing me respect as a person,    but some officers have pulled some b.s after they realize i have nothing on me and did nothing wrong and are just abusing their power,  those officers could get shot in the line of duty and i could care less.

No, that is exactly why you should feel harrassed. If you are minding your day, you have to waste your time being searched over something that you have NO control over. That IS harassment.

No, that is exactly why you should feel harrassed. If you are minding your day, you have to waste your time being searched over something that you have NO control over. That IS harassment.

Originally Posted by WhatsLosinLike

your taste in basketball teams and players you like disgusts me but your taste in music gets a few
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
's

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

but some officers have pulled some b.s after they realize i have nothing on me and did nothing wrong and are just abusing their power,
Examples?

but some officers have pulled some b.s after they realize i have nothing on me and did nothing wrong and are just abusing their power,
Examples?

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Violation of unreasonable search and seizure, which is a basic civil liberty in our country. /debate You're a fool if you think that racial profiling is justified because of statistics. You have the right to privacy, and a right NOT too be searched or put in jail for no reason. If you don't care about those rights, great for you, but don't try to act like no one else should. That's your personal mindset, however some of us like to fully exercise the rights given to us by the forefathers who built this country. Those rights should not be violated by racially over-aware police officers.

Edit: On a more important note-- Liz Cho guys, seriously?
sick.gif
easy pass

Exactly, last time I checked the Constitution of the United States is supposed to be race, gender, etc neutral.  What I find disappointing is that I've lived in places that are not racially diverse (Wyoming) and when a certain group of people commit crimes you never see the police/sheriffs stopping everyone and questioning what they are doing and where they are going. I'm pretty sure that these kind of tactics would be less prevalent if they were applied equally across the board.  For example, after the Oklahoma City bombing I didn't hear about the police questioning every white male with a buzz cut to see if they were part of a militia.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Violation of unreasonable search and seizure, which is a basic civil liberty in our country. /debate You're a fool if you think that racial profiling is justified because of statistics. You have the right to privacy, and a right NOT too be searched or put in jail for no reason. If you don't care about those rights, great for you, but don't try to act like no one else should. That's your personal mindset, however some of us like to fully exercise the rights given to us by the forefathers who built this country. Those rights should not be violated by racially over-aware police officers.

Edit: On a more important note-- Liz Cho guys, seriously?
sick.gif
easy pass

Exactly, last time I checked the Constitution of the United States is supposed to be race, gender, etc neutral.  What I find disappointing is that I've lived in places that are not racially diverse (Wyoming) and when a certain group of people commit crimes you never see the police/sheriffs stopping everyone and questioning what they are doing and where they are going. I'm pretty sure that these kind of tactics would be less prevalent if they were applied equally across the board.  For example, after the Oklahoma City bombing I didn't hear about the police questioning every white male with a buzz cut to see if they were part of a militia.

"You happen to match the description,and that's the way the ball rolls"
*Flavor Flav*Wooooooooooooooooow*Flavor Flav*
Are you Black or Hispanic?
YES it matters.

"You happen to match the description,and that's the way the ball rolls"
*Flavor Flav*Wooooooooooooooooow*Flavor Flav*
Are you Black or Hispanic?
YES it matters.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Examples?

just overall wasting my time after the search and whatever they have to do is done.  once it's done im trying to go on my way and make up for the few minutes that were wasted.  i don't wanna hear some cop  tell me how they have their eyes on me, and how they have the power to do whatever they want, and how they can take as long as they want doing a search and tell me whatever they want to tell me.  pretty much treating me like i got lucky they let me off even though i didn't do anything wrong nor have anything on me.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Examples?

just overall wasting my time after the search and whatever they have to do is done.  once it's done im trying to go on my way and make up for the few minutes that were wasted.  i don't wanna hear some cop  tell me how they have their eyes on me, and how they have the power to do whatever they want, and how they can take as long as they want doing a search and tell me whatever they want to tell me.  pretty much treating me like i got lucky they let me off even though i didn't do anything wrong nor have anything on me.

So realistically speaking, if some cop decides to plant drugs in my car, what can I do to fight that?

So realistically speaking, if some cop decides to plant drugs in my car, what can I do to fight that?

Back
Top Bottom