Am I the only weirdo who does this? Vol. Alarm clock...

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

The funny thing is, although it may feel like it, that sleep after you've already woken up IS NOT better for you and is actually dramatically worse.

Word? Elaborate. I feel like a slouch once I wake up from the second sleep. Feels batman.

Probably something to do with not getting a full REM cycle in.

I dunno, I hate waking up early for any reason. My dogs are pretty much my 1st alarm clock. Then I go back to sleep and 3 hours later I'm awake again, feeling like I just closed my eyes, just as tired as I was when I first woken up. Only good time to wake up early is when you beat your alarm by like 3 minutes. That feeling of being fully refreshed and ready to go
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

The funny thing is, although it may feel like it, that sleep after you've already woken up IS NOT better for you and is actually dramatically worse.

Word? Elaborate. I feel like a slouch once I wake up from the second sleep. Feels batman.

Probably something to do with not getting a full REM cycle in.

I dunno, I hate waking up early for any reason. My dogs are pretty much my 1st alarm clock. Then I go back to sleep and 3 hours later I'm awake again, feeling like I just closed my eyes, just as tired as I was when I first woken up. Only good time to wake up early is when you beat your alarm by like 3 minutes. That feeling of being fully refreshed and ready to go
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

back when i was in middle school i would always wake up at 3 am for no reason....staring at the clock and seeing you got hours of sleep left....feels good man

back when i was in middle school i would always wake up at 3 am for no reason....staring at the clock and seeing you got hours of sleep left....feels good man

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I set my clock ahead to a random number. Right now it's at 47 minutes ahead. So, when the alarm goes off, I have to sit there for a second, do the math and figure out what time it is. It helps me get prepared for when I really gotta get up.
laugh.gif
Sorry that doesn't make sense. Gives you time to get ready, I am sure it takes only a few seconds to do the math so how is that that much of a difference in time to get you prepared? See what I am trying to say here?

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

I set my clock ahead to a random number. Right now it's at 47 minutes ahead. So, when the alarm goes off, I have to sit there for a second, do the math and figure out what time it is. It helps me get prepared for when I really gotta get up.
laugh.gif
Sorry that doesn't make sense. Gives you time to get ready, I am sure it takes only a few seconds to do the math so how is that that much of a difference in time to get you prepared? See what I am trying to say here?

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I don't do it on purpose... But the feeling of waking up a couple hours early & seeing you have that much time left
pimp.gif

Yes it is, It happened to me today. My alarm is set at 8 because I have class and I woke up around 5. Best feeling knowing that I have 3 more hours to sleep.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

I don't do it on purpose... But the feeling of waking up a couple hours early & seeing you have that much time left
pimp.gif

Yes it is, It happened to me today. My alarm is set at 8 because I have class and I woke up around 5. Best feeling knowing that I have 3 more hours to sleep.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Set my alarm clcok 1.5 hour before my waking time, and I couldn't go back to sleep for .5 hour.
 how come that don't happen in my actual waking time
alien.gif

Set my alarm clcok 1.5 hour before my waking time, and I couldn't go back to sleep for .5 hour.
 how come that don't happen in my actual waking time
alien.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Don't do that but the dumbest thing someone can do is to set their own clock fast. I mean what is the point of that when you KNOW it is set fast and how fast it is set? Defeats tnhe purpose.

- you always have such firm stances on issues without thinking first.....

- (I DONT)  but have you ever thought that some people set their clocks fast without looking to see how fast it is? my grandmothers ENTIRE HOUSE is like this. every clock in the house is at least 45 minutes fast...and they arent all on the same time. she'll have you running up out the house thinking you running late only to arrive at your destination an hour early
laugh.gif

Your phone will ALWAYS have the right time though. And nobody here said they set their whole house early, just their alarm clocks. Nice try though. I can only speak on the info I have. So it isn't about me thinking first, it is about me reading and replying to the info I am presented. Again, nice try.

Originally Posted by ricky409

Don't do that but the dumbest thing someone can do is to set their own clock fast. I mean what is the point of that when you KNOW it is set fast and how fast it is set? Defeats tnhe purpose.

its a perception thing...

and sometimes it'll catch you off guard... and you'll actually get somewhere on time instead of being late...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

But the perception is gone after 3 seconds when you realize, "Oh my clock is fast." I know it is hard to know that your plan isn't fool proof. I used to do this and someone had to explain to me how it didn't make any logical sense.
Originally Posted by Ziostilon

now that u say it. It makes you feel better when you're setting the alarm.Like u set it for 6:30, but ur clock is 15 minutes ahead. So u feel like you're getting some extra sleep
I don't have an issue with waking up once my alarm goes off. So I don't need methods of "feeling better about waking up" when it goes off. To me, if you know your clock is fast, then it defeats the purpose of it being fast.

- (I DONT)  but have you ever thought that some people set their clocks fast without looking to see how fast it is? my grandmothers ENTIRE HOUSE is like this. every clock in the house is at least 45 minutes fast...and they arent all on the same time. she'll have you running up out the house thinking you running late only to arrive at your destination an hour early
laugh.gif

Your phone will ALWAYS have the right time though. And nobody here said they set their whole house early, just their alarm clocks. Nice try though. I can only speak on the info I have. So it isn't about me thinking first, it is about me reading and replying to the info I am presented. Again, nice try.

Originally Posted by ricky409

its a perception thing...

and sometimes it'll catch you off guard... and you'll actually get somewhere on time instead of being late...

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

But the perception is gone after 3 seconds when you realize, "Oh my clock is fast." I know it is hard to know that your plan isn't fool proof. I used to do this and someone had to explain to me how it didn't make any logical sense.
Originally Posted by Ziostilon

now that u say it. It makes you feel better when you're setting the alarm.Like u set it for 6:30, but ur clock is 15 minutes ahead. So u feel like you're getting some extra sleep
I don't have an issue with waking up once my alarm goes off. So I don't need methods of "feeling better about waking up" when it goes off. To me, if you know your clock is fast, then it defeats the purpose of it being fast.

mine is set for 5:15. when it goes off i turn the news on to catch the weather and lay in bed. sometimes i fall back asleep but my body knows to get up by 6:15 at the latest. with the tv on, i can never fall back to sleep in the deep deep sleep because its hard for me to sleep with noise.

mine is set for 5:15. when it goes off i turn the news on to catch the weather and lay in bed. sometimes i fall back asleep but my body knows to get up by 6:15 at the latest. with the tv on, i can never fall back to sleep in the deep deep sleep because its hard for me to sleep with noise.

nah i only snooze for about 10 minutes...although yesterday i snozzed for 5 hours, yeah i was late...

nah i only snooze for about 10 minutes...although yesterday i snozzed for 5 hours, yeah i was late...

laugh.gif

- but your statement wasnt limited to phones ONLY. you SAID...."the dumbest thing someone can do is to set their own clock fast"

.....and EYE am....(as you claimed to be) responding to the information given.

- fact is, whole house or not has nothing to do with your statement. one can set their CLOCK fast to some random number without looking and succeed in being on time.....be it the clock in the car, a clock in the house, or every clock in the entire house.

.....and again, its not something EYE DO, but i have seen people do this.

- i do agree 100000% that setting your clock to a number that you know what time it really is defeats the purpose. i dont agree that its always done that way.

......like i said, your comments are always spoken with such conviction as if it is or can be the only way you've seen it. its the difference between:

and....

Don't do that but the dumbest thing someone can do is to set their own clock fast. I mean what is the point of that when you KNOW it is set fast and how fast it is set? Defeats tnhe purpose. that would only work if you didnt know how fast the clock is set

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

- but your statement wasnt limited to phones ONLY. you SAID...."the dumbest thing someone can do is to set their own clock fast"

.....and EYE am....(as you claimed to be) responding to the information given.

- fact is, whole house or not has nothing to do with your statement. one can set their CLOCK fast to some random number without looking and succeed in being on time.....be it the clock in the car, a clock in the house, or every clock in the entire house.

.....and again, its not something EYE DO, but i have seen people do this.

- i do agree 100000% that setting your clock to a number that you know what time it really is defeats the purpose. i dont agree that its always done that way.

......like i said, your comments are always spoken with such conviction as if it is or can be the only way you've seen it. its the difference between:

and....

Don't do that but the dumbest thing someone can do is to set their own clock fast. I mean what is the point of that when you KNOW it is set fast and how fast it is set? Defeats tnhe purpose. that would only work if you didnt know how fast the clock is set

ohwell.gif

I have to be out the door by 6:20 to get to work at 7.

I have 2 alarms. I set my iHome for 5:15 but really have to get up at 5:45. The snooze is for 10 minute intervals so I can slam the button 3 times.

My phone is automatically set for 5:45 which is the cue to stop snoozin' and get up.

the absolute best feeling though is getting an extra hour or two of sleep, then waking up an hour or two before your alarm goes off since your body/mind is on a strict schedule.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I have to be out the door by 6:20 to get to work at 7.

I have 2 alarms. I set my iHome for 5:15 but really have to get up at 5:45. The snooze is for 10 minute intervals so I can slam the button 3 times.

My phone is automatically set for 5:45 which is the cue to stop snoozin' and get up.

the absolute best feeling though is getting an extra hour or two of sleep, then waking up an hour or two before your alarm goes off since your body/mind is on a strict schedule.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I've been doing this for as long as I can remember and sometimes it works. Sure, most times I flat-out know immediately when the alarm goes off, but every once in awhile I'll be so tired and not in the right state-of-mind, then proceed to frantically hop up and start getting ready, thinking I'm running late. It'll hit me a few seconds later, but by that time I'm already out of bed and moving around, thus serving its purpose. Once I'm walking around, I'm not even gonna think about lying back down and falling asleep again. Whatever, though. Regardless of how irrational it sounds and is, it'll occasionally fool me, so I'll continue doing it. *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom