Am I the only weirdo who does this? Vol. Alarm clock...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Don't do that but the dumbest thing someone can do is to set their own clock fast. I mean what is the point of that when you KNOW it is set fast and how fast it is set? Defeats tnhe purpose.

I've been doing this for as long as I can remember and sometimes it works. Sure, most times I flat-out know immediately when the alarm goes off, but every once in awhile I'll be so tired and not in the right state-of-mind, then proceed to frantically hop up and start getting ready, thinking I'm running late. It'll hit me a few seconds later, but by that time I'm already out of bed and moving around, thus serving its purpose. Once I'm walking around, I'm not even gonna think about lying back down and falling asleep again. Whatever, though. Regardless of how irrational it sounds and is, it'll occasionally fool me, so I'll continue doing it. *shrugs*

Hahaha I do it too! I need to wake up at 7am so i set the alarm for 5:30 and have the snooze button set for every 10 minutes. That way I still get more time to sleep but I can't over sleep because the alrm goes off every ten minutes. Works great for me!!!

Hahaha I do it too! I need to wake up at 7am so i set the alarm for 5:30 and have the snooze button set for every 10 minutes. That way I still get more time to sleep but I can't over sleep because the alrm goes off every ten minutes. Works great for me!!!

Originally Posted by LarryDavidSwag

i set my clocks fast so im on time everywhere....

duh.

that's a point. do you see it now, DC?
Why do you need to set your clock fast to be on time?

I know the point of it, but you don't understand that YOU setting YOUR OWN clock fast defeats the purpose? If you don't KNOW a clock is set fast, I can understand. But if I set my clock 15 mins fast, and every morning I wake up and look at my clock and say, "Ok I isn't really 5:45, it is 5:30." How is that any different that just looking at the clock and instantly seeing 5:30.

@ Vet, this situation differs from your grandmother because the individual himself didn't set his OWN clock. I am not sure how many different ways I can say that. You didn't set your grandmother's clocks, she set them so you had no idea what the right time was. I am speaking on people setting their own clocks to the wrong time fooling themselves into believing it is doing anything.

duh.

Why do you need to set your clock fast to be on time?

I know the point of it, but you don't understand that YOU setting YOUR OWN clock fast defeats the purpose? If you don't KNOW a clock is set fast, I can understand. But if I set my clock 15 mins fast, and every morning I wake up and look at my clock and say, "Ok I isn't really 5:45, it is 5:30." How is that any different that just looking at the clock and instantly seeing 5:30.

@ Vet, this situation differs from your grandmother because the individual himself didn't set his OWN clock. I am not sure how many different ways I can say that. You didn't set your grandmother's clocks, she set them so you had no idea what the right time was. I am speaking on people setting their own clocks to the wrong time fooling themselves into believing it is doing anything.

duh.

-
eyes.gif
 @ you getting hung up on the example as if she's the only one ive seen do this. and
laugh.gif
 @ you COMPLETELY skipping over the part where i said one can be successful doing this by not looking to see what time they are setting it to. i mean, isnt that the same thing as me (the non-clock-setter) at someone elses house not knowing just how fast their clock is set??

......and i dont have to say it any different if you would take the time out to read and comprehend it correctly.

.......and of course you are "speaking on people setting their own clocks to the wrong time fooling themselves into believing it is doing anything". what EYE am speaking on is how you lay it out as if thats they one and only way its done
wink.gif
. c'mon bruh....this aint the average NTer. i heard you loud and clear...i know what your were speaking on. and thats exactly why i went out of my way in my second post to say:

- i do agree 100000% that setting your clock to a number that you know what time it really is defeats the purpose. i dont agree that its always done that way.

-
roll.gif
 @ my man DC. dont worry bruh, its that alpha male in you thats getting in the way. i forgive you bruh........

duh.

-
eyes.gif
 @ you getting hung up on the example as if she's the only one ive seen do this. and
laugh.gif
 @ you COMPLETELY skipping over the part where i said one can be successful doing this by not looking to see what time they are setting it to. i mean, isnt that the same thing as me (the non-clock-setter) at someone elses house not knowing just how fast their clock is set??

......and i dont have to say it any different if you would take the time out to read and comprehend it correctly.

.......and of course you are "speaking on people setting their own clocks to the wrong time fooling themselves into believing it is doing anything". what EYE am speaking on is how you lay it out as if thats they one and only way its done
wink.gif
. c'mon bruh....this aint the average NTer. i heard you loud and clear...i know what your were speaking on. and thats exactly why i went out of my way in my second post to say:

- i do agree 100000% that setting your clock to a number that you know what time it really is defeats the purpose. i dont agree that its always done that way.

-
roll.gif
 @ my man DC. dont worry bruh, its that alpha male in you thats getting in the way. i forgive you bruh........

dog, after like the first week you dont even realize it....

plus, im a late dude...i have to be at work at 815 every morning but i mosey out around 745-750 (which is really like 730-745)

so im never late.

"there's no such thing as early; either you're on time or you're late"

after a while you dont look at your clock and say "oh it says 5:45, but its really 5:30"

you look and say "OH $*!# ITS 5:45?!?!?!?!? IM TEN MINUTES LATE"

then you rush out the door and rush to get there...and realize, you're 5 mins early....

that $*!# is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

-
roll.gif

roll.gif

why you change your sig tho?

( ._.)

plus, im a late dude...i have to be at work at 815 every morning but i mosey out around 745-750 (which is really like 730-745)

so im never late.

"there's no such thing as early; either you're on time or you're late"

after a while you dont look at your clock and say "oh it says 5:45, but its really 5:30"

you look and say "OH $*!# ITS 5:45?!?!?!?!? IM TEN MINUTES LATE"

then you rush out the door and rush to get there...and realize, you're 5 mins early....

that $*!# is
pimp.gif

-
roll.gif

roll.gif

why you change your sig tho?

( ._.)

laugh.gif
Again, I am speaking of people in THIS thread. That specifically know how fast their clocks were set. Nobody in here said they randomly set their clock fast. Nobody in here said that. But it could work if that is the only time you see in your house, but you still know it is early. Doesn't help if you have to catch a bus/train if you don't know the accurate time.

It is more common for folks to KNOW the right time and set it fast.

Negative.

laugh.gif
Again, I am speaking of people in THIS thread. That specifically know how fast their clocks were set. Nobody in here said they randomly set their clock fast. Nobody in here said that. But it could work if that is the only time you see in your house, but you still know it is early. Doesn't help if you have to catch a bus/train if you don't know the accurate time.

It is more common for folks to KNOW the right time and set it fast.

Negative.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH HE TOLD ME NEGATIVE
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

another NTer telling ME about what EYE experience in MY life...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you got it, i still remember that my clock is set exactly 15.45 minutes fast every time i look at it......

BWHAHAHAHA

"why would you set your clock fast?"

"cause it helps me be on time to places"

"but you know how fast the clocks are set"

"nah, after the first week, you don't even think about it"

"NO, YOURE WRONG"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

you dont even do it, so how the +!%$ would you know?

who does NT believe more, the guy who sets his clock fast or the guy who doesnt see the point so he's never set his clock fast?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH HE TOLD ME NEGATIVE
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

another NTer telling ME about what EYE experience in MY life...

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

you got it, i still remember that my clock is set exactly 15.45 minutes fast every time i look at it......

BWHAHAHAHA

"why would you set your clock fast?"

"cause it helps me be on time to places"

"but you know how fast the clocks are set"

"nah, after the first week, you don't even think about it"

"NO, YOURE WRONG"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

you dont even do it, so how the +!%$ would you know?

who does NT believe more, the guy who sets his clock fast or the guy who doesnt see the point so he's never set his clock fast?

You didn't read where I said I used to do this for years until someone explained to me how pointless of an act it was?

Obviously you didn't see that part because you wouldn't have said, "You don't even do it."

For like the 15th time, you need to read before you reply.

You didn't read where I said I used to do this for years until someone explained to me how pointless of an act it was?

Obviously you didn't see that part because you wouldn't have said, "You don't even do it."

For like the 15th time, you need to read before you reply.

i read this page.

you said you dont see a point.

i told you why i do it.

i see a point.

you dont see a point.

im telling you, after the first day of having my clock set fast, i dont even realize its set fast anymore...thats just the regular time to me...

i dont have to read 4 pages of posts to tell you "why" i set my clock fast.

you said "i dont see a point"

i showed you a point

you told me "no, you dont not realize your clock is set fast"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

i read this page.

you said you dont see a point.

i told you why i do it.

i see a point.

you dont see a point.

im telling you, after the first day of having my clock set fast, i dont even realize its set fast anymore...thats just the regular time to me...

i dont have to read 4 pages of posts to tell you "why" i set my clock fast.

you said "i dont see a point"

i showed you a point

you told me "no, you dont not realize your clock is set fast"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom